List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong has been 10/10 for the last five years.

They have consistently been the best traders especially with Gold Coast.

Why are they so special??
The afl and shocking have been giving them a leg up for years the afl can’t afford for Geelong to be down the bottom otherwise shitty litter park will become a drug infested ghetto even though it already is but it would be way worse

I watched the highlights after he was compared to Dusty and I have to admit he does move like him and looks like a bloody good kick...will definitely be a jet.
He has a lot of similar traits as Dusty particularly his use of strength and the don’t argue which allows him to sell the candy , as such , so often and which has some excited and others not so .
The ???’s are the reliance on shear strength / the don’t argue and can that be such a big of weapon against grown men. I think his ability to leap and take the ball in the air is going to be the biggest watch this next year .

Last edited:
Jack graham next season needs to become the tagger that we need for the likes of Neale cripps Oliver etc while we leave the bullocking work to tarranto and hopper

I agree we refreshed very well last year and while the future looks good for all of them I think they may prove to be a year or two behind the Cats in development
Who do the cats have that has them ahead of us?
You know they have the oldest best 22 in the comp?
I mean De Koning will be a star but we have Balta.
Who else do they have that makes you say they are ahead?

Who do the cats have that has them ahead of us?
You know they have the oldest best 22 in the comp?
I mean De Koning will be a star but we have Balta.
Who else do they have that makes you say they are ahead?
Sitting down and looking at both lists in the cold hard light of day I agree that my somewhat biased view is that our list looks to have more upside than the Cats but they are refreshing very well and their recent team building history tells me they will continue to prove the doubters wrong and be a major threat going forward. I believe premierships in the next few years will be much more difficult to obtain with the likes of Brisbane, Sydney, Port, Carlton and Gold Coast all looking the goods going forward

Last edited:
SEN all over geeflog saying they won the trade period do they realise they picked up 3 players who were playing 2s football for their respective clubs and pick 7 is a great unknown 😂
Geelong who has long been know for being soft , replaced Selwood who like him or hate him was their hardest player for a loooong time with Bowes , Henry and Bruhn , all soft ***** .

Trade period and recruiting is about making your list better which means addressing any issues within your list .

8814F98B-DEC3-4B0A-B356-CE359C5ACBEC.jpeg

Tom Brown who we drafted last year is going to end up being the replacement for Vlastuin
Won't he make a request to be traded to Geelong at the end of next season like Henry?

Draft is completely compromised, may as well not draft anyone that has the Geelong smell on them

Last edited:
Geelong who has long been know for being soft , replaced Selwood who like him or hate him was their hardest player for a loooong time with Bowes , Henry and Bruhn , all soft ***** .

Trade period and recruiting is about making your list better which means addressing any issues within your list .

View attachment 1535091
Dermie also said geelongs trade with Gold Coast was dodgy as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao. Those are the sort of trade draft scraps that would have excited us in 2015.
Later losers

drive off 50 cent GIF

looking at the list of free agents for next year, i Only see 4 key forwards on there and only two I would go after and thats Hipwood or Harry Himmelberg.

looking at the list of free agents for next year, i Only see 4 key forwards on there and only two I would go after and thats Hipwood or Harry Himmelberg.
Hipwood is a local, but I could see Himmelberg being a chance if we were interested given he's now got two ex team mates to tell him how great Tigerland is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back