List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re guna get shafted from the proposed new bid rules aren’t we?
I just have a feeling from that Laura Kane interview that they will bring the new rules in from this draft and our stock pile of picks will be useless.
Sounded like that is on the cards. They Shouldn’t be allowed to change any rules till next year. We’ve planned for two years to get this coming draft hand. Surely the club is arguing any change should be pushed to next year

Sounded like that is on the cards. They Shouldn’t be allowed to change any rules till next year. We’ve planned for two years to get this coming draft hand. Surely the club is arguing any change should be pushed to next year
Actually could work in our favour

The change wouldn’t just impact clubs bidding for players, but teams trying to take advantage of those clubs - like Richmond, who own three third-round picks in the upcoming draft.

As it stands those selections would fall in the late 30s and early 40s, which would either be super-valuable for bidding teams (because those picks are the perfect mixture of valuable on the points index, but not too valuable for actually taking players), or valuable for the Tigers as other picks get vacuumed up in bids and they move up the order.

Geez you lot carry on. Trade Bolton? Trade Baker?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

I would love to see somebody with more brains and ability to do spread sheets work out something

If these rules are changed regarding picks some of our later picks are going to come in significantly

Like #41 which may not have points to start of with but if the bids are going to chew through picks then that could come into like 34 and 50 could become 40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We absolutely must tank the remainder of the year. There's blokes like Trezise, Banks, Bauer, Coulthard, Green, Smith that need to be given 4 or 5 senior opportunities to figure out who deserve another contract and who can delist/ trade. Don't tell me there's not 4 or 5 in the team who could be swapped out. Watching Watson spud it up today I remember seeing that Hawks were filthy finishing 3rd last and watching their pick blow out to pick 5. We need to finish dead motherless last and make our own fate. If North finish last and get pick 2 comp for Zurhaar I'll spew. We need to be pick 1 so we can dictate exactly who we want. The club needs to be ruthless and bid on Ashcroft and if Gold Coast do poach Rioli and aren't massively over generous, Bid on Lombard too. Wipe out points. I just looked at Freos draw I reckon they're guarantees 3 wins minimum maybe 5? Worst they can drop is 5 places lower to 13th?

That would give us picks:
2, 22, 28, 40, 41, 46, 58, 66, 71, 76, 94

Would prefer finish last and land:
1, 21, 28, 39, 41, 46, 57, 66, 71, 75, 93

I can't see the points system changing this year. Laura Kane has proven to be a buffoon, egotistical token hire. Her mouth moves faster than her brain. Saying clubs were told 12 months ago us pure fantasy. She's so dumb because clubs would have minutes from the meeting contradicting the garbage she spewed on the radio.

Richmond brilliantly kicked the can down the road landing Mcauliffe whilst gaining Freo's 2nd, 3rd and West Coasts 3rd. They never would've done that if it was flagged picks outside 40 have no points value. Same goes for several clubs like Blues, Bears and pretty soon theyll all collude to squash her nonsense. She's making Dillon look like a fool constantly. I'm betting she's moved sideways within 3 years and made to want to quit taking away her delusional fantasy about ever getting the top job with her.

We absolutely must tank the remainder of the year. There's blokes like Trezise, Banks, Bauer, Coulthard, Green, Smith that need to be given 4 or 5 senior opportunities to figure out who deserve another contract and who can delist/ trade. Don't tell me there's not 4 or 5 in the team who could be swapped out. Watching Watson spud it up today I remember seeing that Hawks were filthy finishing 3rd last and watching their pick blow out to pick 5. We need to finish dead motherless last and make our own fate. If North finish last and get pick 2 comp for Zurhaar I'll spew. We need to be pick 1 so we can dictate exactly who we want. The club needs to be ruthless and bid on Ashcroft and if Gold Coast do poach Rioli and aren't massively over generous, Bid on Lombard too. Wipe out points. I just looked at Freos draw I reckon they're guarantees 3 wins minimum maybe 5? Worst they can drop is 5 places lower to 13th?

That would give us picks:
2, 22, 28, 40, 41, 46, 58, 66, 71, 76, 94

Would prefer finish last and land:
1, 21, 28, 39, 41, 46, 57, 66, 71, 75, 93

I can't see the points system changing this year. Laura Kane has proven to be a buffoon, egotistical token hire. Her mouth moves faster than her brain. Saying clubs were told 12 months ago us pure fantasy. She's so dumb because clubs would have minutes from the meeting contradicting the garbage she spewed on the radio.

Richmond brilliantly kicked the can down the road landing Mcauliffe whilst gaining Freo's 2nd, 3rd and West Coasts 3rd. They never would've done that if it was flagged picks outside 40 have no points value. Same goes for several clubs like Blues, Bears and pretty soon theyll all collude to squash her nonsense. She's making Dillon look like a fool constantly. I'm betting she's moved sideways within 3 years and made to want to quit taking away her delusional fantasy about ever getting the top job with her.
hawks made the worst #5 pick of all time I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back