Rumour trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction MKII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
good if thats the case, I have a feeling he is WAY overpriced
Dogs/Swans are welcome to him for 400k p.a
Good luck to the bloke if somebody is foolish enough to pay him that much though.

id be happy to pay sherman 400k a season, id love to have him at the tigers but anymore than that is a joke... i dont wanna end up in 5 years time like brisbane

Dt any word today
heading into trade week id love to get ur final words on who u think we will get

These threads keep getting hopelessly hijacked for thirty posts at a time over such petty arguments.

Don't mind Grigg, Houli, Miller and whoever else we target. I have concerns over Vezspremi however as I subscribe to the notion there's no better place to get your head straight than at Sydney, if he can't get a game, I'm inclined to think Roos and Kirk are not to blame. Seeing what wonders good coaching has done for our players this year, I'm keen to see some unfulfilled youngsters come in.

We are definitely not blowing away all our picks for mature players, firstly 22 isn't mature and secondly, we'll still bring in 8 or so kids from the draft, chill winstonnnn.

I don't begrudge Sherman his requested contract (he's actually angling more around 375 than 400k) I wouldn't pay it to bring him here as it sends the wrong message however when you consider his circumstances, you can sympathise. He's not being a prima donna. Brisbane only paid him 150-200k this year as part of his contract rewrite, he needs to recover those lost wages. Best luck to him.

Despite all the hysteria from some posters around here, this is how I think trade week will pan out:

We'll keep our first 2 picks (6 & 29).
We'll trade Tambling to Adelaide for their Bock Compo pick(26).
We'll trade Thursfield to Carlton for Grigg.
We'll get outbid for Sherman and will let him go, no need to get into a bidding war.
We'll offer up 46 for Houli but given Essendon are reportedly going to play hardball on him I reckon he'll slide through to the PSD and we'll get him there.

Summary: Our first 4 picks will be 6, 26, 29 & 46 which to me is a pretty good outcome. Overall I'm expecting us to have another 4-5 picks after this. Which to me means we would have added 6-8 kids, Gourdis will be upgraded with our last pick in the ND and we will have PSD pick 2 to use on Houli or another kid if he ends up staying with the Dons.

I don't think we should be going to hard for Houli, instead we should be looking at grabbing Benny Duscher from under their grasp , a smarter player , better skills , greater goal kicker and hasn't yet had the benefit of being within an AFL club, if we pass on draft picks and Duscher is available I'll be really pissed !! Is the best unlisted talent in the country and ready made to make an immediate impact and will come at low cost as currently not listed !!

I don't think we should be going to hard for Houli, instead we should be looking at grabbing Benny Duscher from under their grasp , a smarter player , better skills , greater goal kicker and hasn't yet had the benefit of being within an AFL club, if we pass on draft picks and Duscher is available I'll be really pissed !! Is the best unlisted talent in the country and ready made to make an immediate impact and will come at low cost as currently not listed !!

Rookie or National Draft ? Bummers are apparently keen so we may need to use ND pick to get him. I only saw him play once and he was ok. Have you seen him much ? Big wraps for a kid who has played only half a VFL season.

Despite all the hysteria from some posters around here, this is how I think trade week will pan out:

We'll get outbid for Sherman and will let him go, no need to get into a bidding war.
We'll offer up 46 for Houli but given Essendon are reportedly going to play hardball on him I reckon he'll slide through to the PSD and we'll get him there.

Summary: Our first 4 picks will be 6, 26, 29 & 46 which to me is a pretty good outcome. Overall I'm expecting us to have another 4-5 picks after this. Which to me means we would have added 6-8 kids, Gourdis will be upgraded with our last pick in the ND and we will have PSD pick 2 to use on Houli or another kid if he ends up staying with the Dons.

If we don't get at least one extra top-20 pick I will be disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an important reminder to all who have not paid attention to my posts, our 2nd pick will be between 33 and 36 work it out. How can we get bocks pick then still have pick 29? And if the cats use there 2 picks then we could be a little later as well. So for all who get carried away with our 2nd pick it's not wot u think it is?

Just an important reminder to all who have not paid attention to my posts, our 2nd pick will be between 33 and 36 work it out. How can we get bocks pick then still have pick 29? And if the cats use there 2 picks then we could be a little later as well. So for all who get carried away with our 2nd pick it's not wot u think it is?

Whats the latest goss DT? are we still going to get Sherman despite the rumours that we have pulled out because of his supposed salary?

seems reasonable and i was thinking along the same lines.

but our second round pick will be a little later.

would be good to get a pick between 15 and 20 but i dont see it happening.

i think the grigg trade could end up including tarrant, and be something like thursfield to freo, tarrant to carlton and grigg to richmond, with some picks involved.

Gee, if I'm reading this correct, you would have to be pissed being West Coast if teams use their compensation picks this season. It's bad enough for us but finishing last and teams well advanced and with far better lists having picks before you in the second round has gotta stink.

Rookie or National Draft ? Bummers are apparently keen so we may need to use ND pick to get him. I only saw him play once and he was ok. Have you seen him much ? Big wraps for a kid who has played only half a VFL season.

Seen quite a bit of him , I'd grab him in ND without a doubt , Bummers will be hoping he falls through to them to Rookie . I think he'll be every bit as good or better, and fits our needs greater than Grigg , Sherman or Houli . With the compromised draft a late second round pick on him wouldn't be crazy , especially when it's believed we may use that sort pick , that we may gain for bling or thursty ,on Grigg , Sherman and Houli ?
Would be on upgrade on bling in goal kicking , midfield rotation, decision making, disposal and contested work !
Is very clever , reads the game remarkably well and takes a good grab, resembles Cotch a lot in the way they he about things, yet he does have varied effenciences and defficiencies , would compliment our side a treat !!

Anyway, for those that care, and I know they are a few, by the number of f...offs I got from posters I am just letting you know I am departing the forum.

I have said my piece.

Maybe Collingwood will win by 79 this week.

Anyway , I will still follow the Tigers despite some posters on this forum.

As some have pointed out, if I was successful, why would I be in this forum. You are right to an extent, I am moving on, I simply have better things to do!!:thumbsu:

Go Tigers!!!!
There is a god, amen.....:)

seems reasonable and i was thinking along the same lines.

i think the grigg trade could end up including tarrant, and be something like thursfield to freo, tarrant to carlton and grigg to richmond, with some picks involved.

im also seeing fremantle as a possible contributor to the grigg/thursty deal..

that said, anybody keen on the possibility of a rhys palmer/thursty straight swap? highly unlikely and unsure about his current contract situation at freo, but coming back from injury; seems a little down the pecking order based on their current list of youthful onballers..
number 7 pick, rising star, injury/disposal cloud but highly explosive and a goalkicker. might be asking too much for a straight swap :cool:?

Western Bulldogs should secure Geelong backman Nathan Djerrkura.
herald sun this morning

Nathan Djerrkura will be traded to the dogs as well. (posted before it was mentioned anywhere.

Right again

After 67 games, including 14 this year, Thursfield has attracted the interest of several clubs after deciding he too needed to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
He met Fremantle coach Mark Harvey in Perth yesterday.
Harvey is keen to add another key defender following Chris Tarrant's decision to return to Melbourne after four seasons with the Dockers. Tarrant wants to rejoin Collingwood and will talk to the Magpies next week before entertaining any other offers, particularly from Carlton.

Thursfeild is being sought after by freo.only early

almost done 2nd round pick or could be involved in a 3 way deal.

Houli is understood to be proceeding with his bid to join the Tigers despite the arrival at Windy Hill of new coach James Hird.
If a suitable trade with the Bombers cannot be arranged, Houli is a realistic chance of being secured by Richmond in the pre-season draft with no compensation to Essendon.

Yes, but Houli is still a big chance to come to us he has signed a heads of agreement, there is a bit more to houli's situation then whats being stated perhaps Hird might be able to save it, but the players until now have a had a big influence with the bombers.

The tigers are absolutley filthy with the Bombers for being accused to playing dirty with Houli but he is out of contract, but it was Essendon that approached Tambling while told he was contracted.

3 out 3 aint bad, Heads of agreement, remember i posted that i still beleive he will be at richmond next year after the article came out that he wanted to give Hird a chance.

I still beleive that sherman will be a tiger next year.
keep n coming dt 007 u r the man:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

So sorry that I was out by a pick or 2. I had forgot about the Eagles PP when writing up the post before.

So sorry that I was out by a pick or 2. I had forgot about the Eagles PP when writing up the post before.

Sorry I wasn't having a go at you, It just seams that everybody is so concerned with pick 29 when we clearly don't have it and our 3rd round will be around the early 50's. So it's very risky with pick 3 on.

Sorry I wasn't having a go at you, It just seams that everybody is so concerned with pick 29 when we clearly don't have it and our 3rd round will be around the early 50's. So it's very risky with pick 3 on.

IMHO the Club should focus on getting the best picks possible for Tambling, Thursfield and hopefully a deal that sees either McGuane or Rance leave the place. Secure some more picks then worry about getting trades like Houli etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back