Trades that left you speechless

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's trading in 2016 could pay off but if it doesn't then Hawthorn are in quite a bit of trouble as they have sold the farm for the next 2 years on O'Meara and Mitchell.

Geelong too. Zac Tuohy better turn into a jet.

Caddy, Bartel, Enright, Kersten. All gone. No 1st round picks for the next two years.

Jarman is yet to nominate a club and is considered likely to be bid on third round at best. If he nominates Hawthorn we can take him by going into deficit if we feel he is worth it.
My feeling is if the Crows are interested he will nominate them as the Jarmans all seem to be very parochial. If the Crows are indifferent he will nominate the Hawks.

No. You can't. You won't have enough points next year to go into deficit. If someone throws early 3rd rounder, you're screwed.

Lachlan Veale

\Thread

In a nutshell the Bulldogs traded pick 6 to the Hawks in return for a crap player (Lachlan Veale). Hawthorn then ceased dealing with North Melbourne over Jade Rawlings and refused to trade him, forcing him into the PSD where he was picked up by (guess who) - the Bulldogs.

Draft tampering if there has ever been a case

No. You can't. You won't have enough points next year to go into deficit. If someone throws early 3rd rounder, you're screwed.

We still have all our picks in 2017 other than the first round which we traded to St. Kilda. Most draft pundits rate him as a fourth round pick but obviously time will tell.
However it is hypothetical really as he will stay in Adelaide unless the Crows don't want him.

Carlton's pick swap with Hawthorn to get the JOM deal over the line still has me wondering a bit.

that weird one at the end with carlton giving up a future second for 3 random hawthorn picks that they probably won't even use. Something fishy went on there.. bolts doing his old team a favor

Yeah, that rightly pissed me off too.

I just realised we stuffed Essendon over by allowing Hawks to trade for Omeara. Sweet BONUS!

Like reading a mini-screenplay! No doubt the Angry Little Guy and the Creepy Happy Little Guy will be toasting their successful rogering of Essendon with a quiet mineral water or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can do it anyway, Geelong have just traded 3 in a row. I believe the punishment is just not being able to trade your future pick the next year.

Our punishment will be that we turn into complete and utter shite. Caddy for bugger all for the salary dump we missed out on for not pissing off Motlop was a corker.

I don't understand the hate for the Hawks trading Mitchell. He was planning on retiring and taking up an assistants role at the end of next year at WCE (we approached him mid season), Hawks needed cap space, they know they wont win the flag next year (very unlikely) so Clarko said "hey why don't you play a season there before you coach?". Win win for all involved. And its not like it diminishes his time at Hawthorn (no one remembers Cousins' time at Richmond etc... well, unless he wins the Brownlow next yr and we win the flag ;)).

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades that left you speechless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back