Tradesmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Bee

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 6, 2000
In your bonnet!
AFL Club
Carlton
What the hell is it with tradesmen? Why do they think they have the God given right to talk down to women?
I just had the biggest argument with a plumber who has been replacing the old bath in the en-suite with a spa bath and replacing the old shower and fixtures.
He arrived 2 hours late and with a spa and shower fixtures that were not the same as the ones we had chosen last week!
But he actually tried to convince me they were exactly the same.

The fact that we was trying to pull a scam by replacing what we had originally chosen with cheaper versions and still charging us the same price was bad enough. But when he arrogantly told me "Don't you worry about it princess, phone your hubby I'll talk to him", was the final insult.

So I did what any normal self respecting woman would do.
I sacked him!! Yes! It felt bloody good too!
I bet any money if my husband had have been home he would never have tried that stunt.

Woo hoo "I am woman hear me roar.................."

Originally posted by Bee
What the hell is it with tradesmen? Why do they think they have the God given right to talk down to women?
Because most dont have the faintest clue whats going on. You get used to simplifying things for women, which can be awkward when you eventually strike one that has an inkling of a clue.

Originally posted by Bee
"Don't you worry about it princess, phone your hubby I'll talk to him", was the final insult.

This had the desired response. He knew you were going to be trouble for him after the initial disagreement (even if it was his fault). The best thing for him is to get out. Making a call like that will give him a good story for years.

Originally posted by Bee

So I did what any normal self respecting woman would do.
I sacked him!! Yes! It felt bloody good too!

For your sake I hope he didn't already have the original bath/shower out. You would have been better making him get the right spa/shower fittings, fit them, pick him up on any little problems, however insignificant and refuse to pay until it was done right. That would hurt him more than sacking him, hell have jobs lined up everywhere. make him work for nothing or next to nothing.

Originally posted by Bee
I bet any money if my husband had have been home he would never have tried that stunt.
That would depend on who has the pants in the relationship

Originally posted by Bee
Woo hoo "I am woman hear me roar.................."
You believe that toots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
Considering we renovated for 1 year at home and our work has tradies in every single day of the year i must just be dreaming :rolleyes:

Were any of these guys there? :

oz.jpg

If not, I'd say you were perved on by tradesmen.

Peace,

Re: Re: Tradesmen

Originally posted by Bakes
Because most dont have the faintest clue whats going on. You get used to simplifying things for women, which can be awkward when you eventually strike one that has an inkling of a clue.

Well this little woman knew exactly what was going on. Keep thinking all women are stupid, Bakes, it probably makes you feel superior.

This had the desired response. He knew you were going to be trouble for him after the initial disagreement (even if it was his fault). The best thing for him is to get out. Making a call like that will give him a good story for years.
For your sake I hope he didn't already have the original bath/shower out. You would have been better making him get the right spa/shower fittings, fit them, pick him up on any little problems, however insignificant and refuse to pay until it was done right. That would hurt him more than sacking him, hell have jobs lined up everywhere. make him work for nothing or next to nothing.

I doubt he will have too many more jobs anywhere. I reported him to The Department of Fair Trading and Consumer Affairs. I won't be paying him a cent. Anything else from your superior male knowledge you'd like to add.

You believe that toots.

So tame me, you big he-man!

They can't hack it Bee. I am pleased my father admitted that he was proud of me on the weekend for doing a mans job. Ripping down the fence taking all the nails out and carting it out to the nature strip without breaking a single finger nail then helping to rip out the swimming pool and again not a nail broken :D

Considering we renovated for 1 year at home and our work has tradies in every single day of the year i must just be dreaming :rolleyes:

All tradies or all men?

It just seems to me a lot of your posts are about men of all descripations either whistling at you or being rude to you. That is all.

I have come across a lot of rude men in my life and don't think very highly of people in general

That's a shame

I think people in general are pretty good. Just the minority that spoil it.

Apart from Adelaide drivers of course - they all suck other than me.:D

Re: Re: Re: Tradesmen

Originally posted by Bee
Well this little woman knew exactly what was going on. Keep thinking all women are stupid, Bakes, it probably makes you feel superior.

Not trying to be. the statement is true. Most women, don't and never intend to know how a bath/light/wall are installed.

Originally posted by Bee

I doubt he will have too many more jobs anywhere. I reported him to The Department of Fair Trading and Consumer Affairs. I won't be paying him a cent. Anything else from your superior male knowledge you'd like to add.

Gee i bet hes looking over his shoulder for them. You showed him.
About payment- all i was saying is that instead of him installing it in 4 hours, make him do it your way, taking 8 hours. You probably don't understand, lil lady, but this hurts him more. Doesn't matter how **** tradesmen are they ALWAYS get work.

Originally posted by Bee

So tame me, you big he-man!

Is that what you want, tradesmen giving you a good seeing to? Sorry, I just perve.

Originally posted by Bee
Figgy, they still get away with it in Melbourne. The building industry is rife with it.

Yup that's SO true. And being an all-girl household (I live with my mother and sister) it happens all too often with us.

And GOOD ON YOU for sacking him, we've done it before too, to the landlord's favourite plumber :eek: lol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tradesmen

Not trying to be. the statement is true. Most women, don't and never intend to know how a bath/light/wall are installed.

Maybe,but that doesn't give tradesmen the right to cheat and deceive clients.

Gee i bet hes looking over his shoulder for them. You showed him.
About payment- all i was saying is that instead of him installing it in 4 hours, make him do it your way, taking 8 hours. You probably don't understand, lil lady, but this hurts him more. Doesn't matter how **** tradesmen are they ALWAYS get work.

Well, when they investigate him and find out just how corrupt he is. I would say it's a good chance his business will be worth **** all! He can't get work as a plumber if he is no longer licensed.

Is that what you want, tradesmen giving you a good seeing to? Sorry, I just perve.
Yeah, sure I just love tradesmen. Drool.

They can't hack it Bee. I am pleased my father admitted that he was proud of me on the weekend for doing a mans job. Ripping down the fence taking all the nails out and carting it out to the nature strip without breaking a single finger nail then helping to rip out the swimming pool and again not a nail broken :D

Good on you. but why is that "mans work"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tradesmen

Originally posted by Bee
Maybe,but that doesn't give tradesmen the right to cheat and deceive clients.
Never said it did

Originally posted by Bee
Well, when they investigate him and find out just how corrupt he is. I would say it's a good chance his business will be worth **** all! He can't get work as a plumber if he is no longer licensed.
Never happen. Your word against his

Originally posted by Bee

Yeah, sure I just love tradesmen. Drool.

You just havn't met the right ones

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tradesmen

Never happen. Your word against his

We'll see.

You just havn't met the right ones

Actually I grew up with tradesmen, my dad has his own building business. Most of them are decent people. But like a lot of things in life it's the minority that make it bad for the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tradesmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back