Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez, from the outside that appears to be a bad fit.

Dons need to establish a stronger culture. That team has way too much talent to be copping the floggings they copped and Thomas needs to be at a club with a strong culture to get more out of his talent and help him off-field.

Wot you mean? Dons have Stringer.

Oh wait…

I thought he looked good on Friday - first time that I thought that he looked upto the level.

Me too

First time I actually saw something in him that makes me think he’ll definitely play a big part in our future starting midfield with Nick and Reef.

Most were there, apart from Fin, who was absent for some reason (sore from his 2 games in 36hrs? lol)
By the looks Reef also missing which isn't surprising given he appeared lame (injured L-clavicle) after the VFL win

I’m curious… What would be your best 23 with Macrae in the team?
I'm conflicted with who drops but one of Lipinski, WHE or Markov (once Nick returns, he becomes more of a sub). Each offers something: Lippa has midfield/forward craft, WHE has versatility and hard running, and Markov is Markov.

McCreery, Elliott, Hill and Ginnivan in the one team doesn't seem right but each of those players offers so much.

I thought this was a Training Reports and Updates thread. Way too much "other" posts in here. Keep it training related or take it elsewhere FFS.
Will France and Germany now abandon their pet project of ...

I'm conflicted with who drops but one of Lipinski, WHE or Markov (once Nick returns, he becomes more of a sub). Each offers something: Lippa has midfield/forward craft, WHE has versatility and hard running, and Markov is Markov.

McCreery, Elliott, Hill and Ginnivan in the one team doesn't seem right but each of those players offers so much.

Because each of those forwards adds varying different things is why it would work. Pressure. Pace. Marking and ginni just adds unpredictability between his goal sense. Smarts, quick hands in tight spaces and defenders don’t know how to defend him- makes it a unique forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because each of those forwards adds varying different things is why it would work. Pressure. Pace. Marking and ginni just adds unpredictability between his goal sense. Smarts, quick hands in tight spaces and defenders don’t know how to defend him- makes it a unique forward line.

I can see it working, I can see it failing and I'd hate to be a selector. Ginnivan deserves to play, so does Elliott. Hill has his merits as does McCreery. Going to be one big week on the training track for them all.

Wonder what the reasoning behind the closed session was today? Trying to hide something? Tactics ? Injury related ?

Wonder what the reasoning behind the closed session was today? Trying to hide something? Tactics ? Injury related ?
Apparently they didn’t want people to see them.

I personally don’t think he fits our list profile/needs. We have plenty of one-paced inside mids with mediocre kicking skills.

I think Fin should look to move to a club such as West Coast or Essendon, where his in-and-under extraction skills are in shorter supply.

Who are these plenty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back