Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I was brought up in the "well enough to play games, well enough to go to school" mindset

Still felt guilty if I played videogames on a sick day as an adult

You've gotta break that habit. Your work doesn't give a shit about you. If you die tomorrow they'll be recruiting to replace you within the week. **** em. Take your sick leave and play Vidya games

Oh yeah for all the campaigners that brag about never taking sick days and infecting all your co-workers... There's no reward or recognition for that. No one cares. You don't get a medal. You're just screwing yourself over. Take your sick days. Be at peace ✌️

Oh yeah for all the campaigners that brag about never taking sick days and infecting all your co-workers... There's no reward or recognition for that. No one cares. You don't get a medal. You're just screwing yourself over. Take your sick days. Be at peace ✌️

Stop making me sick fwits.

I used to rarely take them. Maybe one or two a year if I was really bad.
But yes, then I realised I was not only screwing myself, but messing with other's health too for a place that doesn't give two shits.

So yeah, I'll take a week off with (an admittedly pretty bad) sinus infection and recuperate with some BG3.

Who the **** brags about not taking sick days?
This sounds like a straw shaped man.

Most of my working life it’s been the exact opposite, bragging about chucking a sickie.

Who the * brags about not taking sick days?

Most of my working life it’s been the exact opposite, bragging about chucking a sickie.
I don't know how common it is, but I find there's usually at least one self-righteous dickhead.

There's plenty of campaigners out there like that. They're usually the toxic types gaslighting everyone else there about being lazy cos no one works as hard as they do...

Definitely not a straw man - sadly.

Since having a kid, I now tend to not take sick days for myself but sick days as carers leave when the boy is sick and has to be home from care.

I would have taken time off with a sniffle and headache before but probably not now. I'm 100% WFH though as I work for a business in QLD.

Since having a kid, I now tend to not take sick days for myself but sick days as carers leave when the boy is sick and has to be home from care.

I would have taken time off with a sniffle and headache before but probably not now. I'm 100% WFH though as I work for a business in QLD.

That's essentially how it goes when you're a parent. Sick days are for looking after a kid that has gastro or a cold, and then by the time it's time to go back to work you've contracted it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back