Two champions reach 250

Remove this Banner Ad

adambrown

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
The round 13 game against Melbourne will have two champions of the St.Kilda Football Club play their 250th game.
Nick Riewoldt:
-550 goals
-All Australian 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009
-AFLPA MVP 2004
-NAB AFL Rising Star 2002
-Pre-season premiership 2004, 2008
-Best and Fairest 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009
-2nd Best and Fairest 2008
-AFL Leading goal kicker 2008
-Captain 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
-Co-captain 2007
-Leigh Matthews Trophy 2004
-Ron Evens Medal 2002

Nick Dal Santo:
-136 goals
-All Australian 2005, 2009, 2011
-International rules 2004
-Pre-season premiership side 2004, 2008
-3rd in Brownlow medal 2005
-2nd Best and Fairest 2011
-Life Member 2012

I've loved watching these two blokes play, Riewoldts courage, leadership, running backman into the ground week after week and Dal Santo's silky smooth skills have been a trade mark of the St.Kilda Football Club for the last decade.

It will also be Sean Dempster's 150th game!

Love a milestone game, was lucky enough to be at Milney's 250th, Lenny's 250th and was at the Melbourne game when Milne kicked his 500th and at the Gold Coast game when Roo kicked his 500th all last year

Maybe Roo should take the week off after the bye for a rest, and also so that we can save his 250th for the Richmond game. It would be great to celebrate the 250th milestones separately, as opposed to on the same day with Seanies's 150th as well. It would also ensure Roo is nice and fresh for the second half of the year, and beyond.

Maybe Roo should take the week off after the bye for a rest, and also so that we can save his 250th for the Richmond game. It would be great to celebrate the 250th milestones separately, as opposed to on the same day with Seanies's 150th as well. It would also ensure Roo is nice and fresh for the second half of the year, and beyond.

I disagree. Roo and Dal have played virtually their entire careers together, seems fitting to celebrate their milestone + Dempster's with what's much more likely to be a big win. Not really looking forward to Melbourne being a punching bag for another week, but then Joey's 200th wouldn't have been all that memorable for him.

Soooooo would love us to use this as motivation for a smashing. A good 100 point crushing of the Dees would, admittedly, be flat-track-bullying. But yikes, it's a great way to start the second half of the season, after the bye, and to just start afresh, putting the first half behind us.

Dal Santo may well end up with 350+ games, he hasn't missed a lot of games and almost looks as good as new. Riewoldt on the other indicated in his recent Schneiderman interview may indicate that he may not reach 300 games, but I hope that his current possibly career best form will make him re-consider and postpone any retirement plans for another five years or so. Two great champions indeed (and that is of course not meant to belittle Dempster, another champion).

But I think we should be careful with 100+ win predictions. Melbourne is hurting and I would not be surprised to see them fired up and at least secretly thinking about an upset - they may well have marked Rd 13 for a while as their chance to turn this season, too... Sorry, it hurts, but we are a bottom four team these days !

Dal Santo may well end up with 350+ games, he hasn't missed a lot of games and almost looks as good as new. Riewoldt on the other indicated in his recent Schneiderman interview may indicate that he may not reach 300 games, but I hope that his current possibly career best form will make him re-consider and postpone any retirement plans for another five years or so. Two great champions indeed (and that is of course not meant to belittle Dempster, another champion).

But I think we should be careful with 100+ win predictions. Melbourne is hurting and I would not be surprised to see them fired up and at least secretly thinking about an upset - they may well have marked Rd 13 for a while as their chance to turn this season, too... Sorry, it hurts, but we are a bottom four team these days !

Agree

Lets get the win on the table before worrying about 100 point victory's. We are 16th, we cannot afford to sneer at 17th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not up to him, it depends how much longer his knee has left.

Great to see these guys reach the milestone together. Two absolute champions.

For mine I think Roo has 2 years left and that depends on his knee. I think the reason he says he may not reach 300 games is that mathematically he will need 3 more years to do so.

He's on 249 as of now. He has 55 games available to him if he plays on 2 more years plus 2nd half of this season which would take him to 304 games.

That means he has only 4 spare games to allow for injury, suspension, soreness, etc. He might play every game but it's doubtful....

Didn't Dal finish runner up in the Brownlow in 2011?

Been a pleasure watching these two go about their business. Congrats to both and to Seany D as well. Been great to see Dempster get a lot of love recently these past few years, always been one of my favourites.

Didn't Dal finish runner up in the Brownlow in 2011?

Been a pleasure watching these two go about their business. Congrats to both and to Seany D as well. Been great to see Dempster get a lot of love recently these past few years, always been one of my favourites.
Yep, finished second. Was actually third but Sam Mitchell got suspended so he couldn't win it so practically Dal was second

Remove this Banner Ad

Two champions reach 250

Remove this Banner Ad

Back