GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Group winner odds on Betfair (ones in brackets are odds to qualify from the group):

Group A:
Russia - 2.7 (1.48)
Poland - 3.9 (1.84)
Czech Republic - 5 (2.4)
Greece - 5.7 (2.58)

Group B:
Germany - 2.22 (1.28)
Netherlands - 2.94 (1.57)
Portugal - 5.7 (2.4)
Denmark - 19.5 (6.4)

Group C:
Spain - 1.59 (1.15)
Italy - 4.5 (1.68)
Croatia - 9.2 (2.76)
Ireland - 20 (5.2)

Group D:
France - 2.9 (1.54)
England - 2.78 (1.6)
Ukraine - 6 (2.48)
Sweden - 7.6 (3.05)

Winner 2012:
Spain - 3.85
Germany - 4.2
Netherlands - 8.4
England - 12.5
France - 13.5
Italy - 16
Portugal - 21
Russia - 28
Poland - 50
Ukraine - 55
Croatia - 70
Sweden - 85
Ireland - 110
Czech Republic - 110
Denmark - 110
Greece - 110

I think France are good value to win Group D at 2.9.

Italy to win the cup at 16 is great. They have a excellent midfield. The Netherlands are also good value at 8.4

I havent looked too much at it yet but I think I will be going big on the Germans, did last time round with Spain but I think they might have a bit of fatigue from being up for so long, ze Germans are coming!

• Banned
I havent looked too much at it yet but I think I will be going big on the Germans, did last time round with Spain but I think they might have a bit of fatigue from being up for so long, ze Germans are coming!

Germany rely on Schweinsteiger about as much as Bayern do (which is quite a lot), and looking at the way he played against Dortmund in the Cup Final and Chelsea in the CL final, I'm not sure I trust him in big games. Same applies for guys like Muller and Gomez. Spain on the other hand have got the business done over the last couple of years, and I don't think their injuries will hamper them too much.

Also agree that England being very overrated. Not even sure they'll make it out of the group stage.

Folks, this is one I should hopefully be able to help with. I am living in Frankfurt at the moment and the place is already going soccer mad with the talk of the upcoming tournament. Lots of information available, a few mates that are strong punters who only follow soccer with good knowledge and decent success rates, and from what I have heard some decent opportunities to make some coin

I will post any tips that come my way here, all the talk is of Germany and Spain here, (possible bias) with Italy and the Netherlands the outside chances.

Spain should be 1.05 to qualify is the first tip, 1.15 is reasonable overs. (albeit short)

I was checking out some Euro odds a few days ago. I use Sportingbet and there's some decent odds on there:

Spain @ 2.30 to reach the final; 3.40 to win it
Germany @ 2.50 to reach the final; 4.25 to win it
Netherlands @ 3.75 to reach the final; 8.00 to win it

I personally don't think Spain will be able to back it up. Germany are a decent shout, but so too are the Dutch: And eight bucks is a great bet.

After those three nations come England. And I was surprised to see them so high. Their squad is really depleted looking. Oh, and they're England, and this is a major tournament... I might chuck 10 bucks on for them to finish third at 4.00.

no way Italy will win.

They're still good value at $16. They're far better than England who are 12.5, and better than France too.

Their midfield consists of guys like Claudio Marchisio, Antonio Nocerino, Daniele De Rossi, Andrea Pirlo, Christian Maggio, and Riccardo Montolivo. That just oozes quality, they probably have the second best midfield in the competition. They have a very good defense as well with Chiellini returning for the tournament.

GB - theres a heavy reliance on Cassano, no real variety up front and im sure countries will have him marked.

SA - the winner of group B has a greater chance of making final assuming Spain wins group C. Spain most likely will face England/France in QF and Holland in SF (if Germany wins group)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Germany Spain final at 9 bucks is overs I think.

The key game is Germany Holland in the group stage, the winner will go through top of the group, the loser moves to Spain's half of the draw.

Oh, and Spain at 1.51 to finish top seems like big overs.

My colleagues over here have Spain marked at 1.02 to qualify and 1.11 to finish top for info.

Germany Spain final at 9 bucks is overs I think.

The key game is Germany Holland in the group stage, the winner will go through top of the group, the loser moves to Spain's half of the draw.

Oh, and Spain at 1.51 to finish top seems like big overs.

My colleagues over here have Spain marked at 1.02 to qualify and 1.11 to finish top for info.

so go big on Spain to finish top of their pool? they should really lose a game in that pool!

Hmmm based on what I'm seeing here, lay all the favourites seems to be the play. This is tough tournament soccer. Good teams can and will struggle over 90 minutes. Greece won in 2004, and Denmark won in 1992. Even at the last tournament, Turkey and Russia managed to make the semi finals.

The way I've got this tournament going (Paddy Power doing some complicated system to do with accuracy in groups etc) is for Ireland to finish second in their group, nudging out Italy (3 point, 3 0-0 draws, standard Ireland at major tournaments) with Sweden qualifying first through the England group, with England second. This sets up a very tasty Ireland vs Sweden quarter final.

Just to put it out there, Ireland have a tough group, but do well at major tournaments, so definitely worth the punt in the Semi Finals. That's where I've got 10 quid going! Germany to win Outright, with Spain being the other finalist and Holland getting knocked out in the semi finals. Thinking €1 on a big accumulator might pay off on the one. Ireland may destroy it, but I definitely have faith!

The way I've got this tournament going (Paddy Power doing some complicated system to do with accuracy in groups etc) is for Ireland to finish second in their group, nudging out Italy (3 point, 3 0-0 draws, standard Ireland at major tournaments) with Sweden qualifying first through the England group, with England second. This sets up a very tasty Ireland vs Sweden quarter final.

Just to put it out there, Ireland have a tough group, but do well at major tournaments, so definitely worth the punt in the Semi Finals. That's where I've got 10 quid going! Germany to win Outright, with Spain being the other finalist and Holland getting knocked out in the semi finals. Thinking €1 on a big accumulator might pay off on the one. Ireland may destroy it, but I definitely have faith!

It would be some sort of miracle if Ireland were to progress past the group stage.

They havent played in a major tournament for 10 years either, so not sure how your logic of Irelands great record at major tournaments goes? Please enlighten me if i have missed something, but for the last 20 years they have only played in 2 out of 9 major tournaments (Euro and WC)

Good luck though.

Noob question.

It says Penalty Shoot Goals DO NOT Count on the Most Goal scorer market at the TAB. That only means a penalty shootout at the end of the game right? Normal Penalty shots during a game will count towards the individiual goalkicker's tally? Its a bit grey the way its written :confused:

Some good bets I've found so far:

Denmark - Emliminated Group Stage $1.15

Germany - Mario Gomez MGS @ $2.75

Holland - Van Persie MGS @ $2.60

Portugal - Eliminated Group Stage $1.58

Ireland - Eliminated Group Stage $1.15

Spain - Winner Group C $1.40

Spain - Torres MGS $4

Spain 1st/Italy 2nd $2.25

Spain 1st/Croatia 2nd $4.50

Some good bets I've found so far:

Denmark - Emliminated Group Stage $1.15

Germany - Mario Gomez MGS @ $2.75

Holland - Van Persie MGS @ $2.60

Portugal - Eliminated Group Stage $1.58

Ireland - Eliminated Group Stage $1.15

Spain - Winner Group C $1.40

Spain - Torres MGS $4

Spain 1st/Italy 2nd $2.25

Spain 1st/Croatia 2nd $4.50

Just a couple of things to add to that
Instead of the spain/italy bet
Can get Italy to finish 2nd paying 2.70

Interesting fact apart from 1988 Germany has either made the final or been knocked out in the group stages

Remove this Banner Ad

UEFA Euro 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back