MMA-UFC UFC 305: Du Plessis vs Adesanya @ Perth (August 18, 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute mad man, went from being a joke to probably in the top 3 must-watch fighters in the UFC.

Izzy looks done. The talent doesn't disappear, but the power and the speed have noticeably decreased. At 35 years old and with 15 years of this behind him, I think he knows it, so hopefully he doesn't hang around forever.

Hard to see where adesanya goes from here.

Can't see him fighting his way back in to title contention

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Middleweight is weak as hell right now, he'll still beat the majority. But Whittaker and Strickland probably also have his measure now and it'll only get worse.

Izzy looks done. The talent doesn't disappear, but the power and the speed have noticeably decreased. At 35 years old and with 15 years of this behind him, I think he knows it, so hopefully he doesn't hang around forever.
How can you say he looks done after that performance? That was an incredibly tight fight for over three rounds and one little mistake at the end gave DDP the opening to get a submission win. I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy was ahead on the scorecards going into that fourth round. It was certainly close if he wasn't ahead. If you're THAT close to the championship then I think it's a stretch to say someone looks done.

Does he actually look done or do you just want him to be done?

lol @ Izzy being 'done'.

He was piecing DDP up until he (inevitably) got caught.

Will still take Whittaker and others to the cleaners.

I would probably bet on him in a rematch against Strickland tbh. 50 50 at worst.

In a couple of years he will be done but we are not there yet. Tonight showed what he still has.

Middleweight is weak as hell right now, he'll still beat the majority. But Whittaker and Strickland probably also have his measure now and it'll only get worse.
But I can't see him wanting to grind through non title fights is what I ment

In a couple of years he will be done but we are not there yet. Tonight showed what he still has.

I reckon the hunger is done

Remove this Banner Ad

MMA-UFC UFC 305: Du Plessis vs Adesanya @ Perth (August 18, 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back