Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the deal with the interchange numbers? Incorrect stats on the AFL website, or Hawks were really allowed to make over 100 interchanges?

the bias of the umps is almost as bad as the bias of the mods here. Definitely better not see them complaining about "unfair bias". Been getting infractions & my post deleted today for just having an opinion they don't agree with as apparently they offend others.

Some of ya need to wear grown up undies. The club is in a shit position because it made shit decisions. During a very difficult transition is not the time to whack your blinkers on otherwise the club will fall to a shit-heap quicker than you can say "Jarryd Oakley Nicholls"

Cant live ya life blocking your ears and clenching ya wee'wees for ever boys. One day your going to have to learn to deal with other people disagreeing with you

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Honestly thought that free kick was completely justified. It was the several examples afterwards against the Hawks that made me grin with my teeth clenched. The calls are so inconsistent

I thought the free kick was justified too in real time. When you see the replay he was very clearly tackled high, ie illegally and the free kick should have therefore been paid to Dusty. Had he been legally tackled, I would agree with you, but he wasn't, and it isn't even debatable.

Back from the Giants game. Umpiring was absolutely rooted. 7 out of 10 decisions were wrong.

Never been worse. The game is up shat creek because these incompetent muppets are useless. McBurney needs to be taken out the back and shot the weasel moron. How can someone keep their job when that are that farken useless.

I thought the free kick was justified too in real time. When you see the replay he was very clearly tackled high, ie illegally and the free kick should have therefore been paid to Dusty. Had he been legally tackled, I would agree with you, but he wasn't, and it isn't even debatable.

If it looks there in real time, then it was perfectly fine for it to be called.

Game is played in REAL TIME, not replays. Had no real issue with the call.

Re the Pies V Roo's today, for the life of me i couldn't really understand why the AFL would be so keen to turn that result around. And then i looked at the ladder. The Pies win today was the difference between them being 3rd (equal 2nd to, of course, Carlton) or 8th. Massive swing result for the Pies.

as the season stands, the AFL are looking at round 1 of the finals possibly being

Carlton Vs Collingwood
Sydney VS GWS

Can someone please get me the odds on this being the 2xQFs? I have a retirement to fund

If it looks there in real time, then it was perfectly fine for it to be called.

Game is played in REAL TIME, not replays. Had no real issue with the call.

Re the Pies V Roo's today, for the life of me i couldn't really understand why the AFL would be so keen to turn that result around. And then i looked at the ladder. The Pies win today was the difference between them being 3rd (equal 2nd to, of course, Carlton) or 8th. Massive swing result for the Pies.

as the season stands, the AFL are looking at round 1 of the finals possibly being

Carlton Vs Collingwood
Sydney VS GWS

Can someone please get me the odds on this being the 2xQFs? I have a retirement to fund

**** the umpires. If they are going to cheat all the time like corrupted sucks, how the hell are we supposed to tell when they are cheating from when they just made an honest error? It was a free kick to Martin paid as a free kick to Hawks = 2 free kick swing. If they don't want to be considered cheating every time they make an honest error then stop ****ing cheating campaigners.

Last edited:
Umpires are the kings just look at how many games they have won for teams from there own boots. Even last seconds none 50 to north when not one but 2 pies breached the rules just yesterday. It's not just us they are doing most games.

Last 27 matches:

Free Kick counts for Richmond:

2W 1D 24L

The surplus from the 2 wins is 2 free kicks, ie 1 per win.

The deficit from the 24 losses is 142 free kicks, ie 6 per loss.

This is not going to be the result of individual umpires not being good enough, there must be some influence on all umpires to be biased against Richmond in order for the above results to arise. I sat with a Hawks supporter yesterday to watch the game and showed him these stats. He said that cannot be right, as in it cannot result from fair umpiring.

Nobody has mentioned the Dusty dropping the ball free kick in the middle, where it was fair enough he was tackled and missed his foot when he went to kick. The only trouble is the tackle was clearly above the shoulder, so illegal. Should have been +1 to us instead -1 to us, unfair 2 free kick swing right there.
The exact same thing happened to a Hawk shortly after, dropped it and missed foot. Play on.

The exact same thing happened to a Hawk shortly after, dropped it and missed foot. Play on.

Exactly. That's what makes it so infuriating.
THose decisions are easy to be consistent on. Player tackled, misses his foot = incorrect disposal, free kick.
Pay it every time and we're all happy. But they never do.

At least the media is now calling out poor frees. Not tackling Dusty round the neck and the free going to other way, but many frees. And the 'experts' are giving the answer that the AFL will say "All good, according to the rules etc'.

I suspect that there is a major review of umpiring coming, and the AFL bosses are priming us for it.

What's the deal with the interchange numbers? Incorrect stats on the AFL website, or Hawks were really allowed to make over 100 interchanges?
Has to be an error, because it’s a free kick every time the team makes a rotation past the limit. At the ground it showed Hawthorn had zero interchanges left with still most of the last quarter to go.

Would be nice if these media hacks could do some investigating and find out what happened

Has to be an error, because it’s a free kick every time the team makes a rotation past the limit. At the ground it showed Hawthorn had zero interchanges left with still most of the last quarter to go.

Would be nice if these media hacks could do some investigating and find out what happened
Only news if Richmond did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the uproar if Collingwood or Geelong or Carlton had lost 23 out of the last 26 free kick tallys in games.

That's what's been done to us and it's crickets.

Even when it's pointed out (Robbo a few weeks ago) it's still crickets.

The players are downbeat, disinterested and downhearted knowing this. They aren't stupid.

Imagine being Marlion Pickett or Dusty knowing that every time you got the ball you're a marked man and even if the ball is knocked clear in the tackle you still get done for htb. We are umpired differently. There are literally hundreds of examples. If you whinge about it tho, you're a sook.

Imagine being Marlion Pickett knowing that every time you lay a tackle or a bump it will be a free kick against you. It happens over and over and over and has been for years now.

We are umpired differently. The stats prove it even if it wasn't obvious to anyone trying to look at it objectively. It costs us games ! People only look at the last free kick of the game that might cost a result when it's actually the weight of numbers over a game that kills us in many instances.

Don't even get me started about how many times we have wrestled the momentum our way in a game and had it taken away/reversed by dodgy free kicks. Many, many times.

I'm sick of ignorant people telling me that there's no reason that a game should be 50/50 in free kicks. Of course it shouldn't be but there's also no reason why one team consistantly loses the free kick differential over a long period of time. We know that those things are supposed to even out. Tbh I'd take 50/50 !!! 50/50 would be joy !

Finally don't try telling me it's the way we play. That will get you a Don't Argue ! We play nothing like the way we used to. Our former coach is instilling exactly the same game style at his new club and they have the most advantageous differential in the league. So that's just bs. That also doesn't explain why we don't get the free kicks other teams get. Somehow (stat proven also) other teams are able to be on their best behaviour against us and don't give kicks away !

All we ask for is a fair go and we haven't been getting a fair go from the league in a long time.

Imagine being Marlion Pickett knowing that every time you lay a tackle or a bump it will be a free kick against you. It happens over and over and over and has been for years now.

And then on top of that, we have supporters asking him to go harder at the ball like he isn't our toughest player. He just can't as it's a free kick every single time. He has had to change the way he plays, and it has killed his ability to take the game on.

Imagine the uproar if Collingwood or Geelong or Carlton had lost 23 out of the last 26 free kick tallys in games.

That's what's been done to us and it's crickets.

Even when it's pointed out (Robbo a few weeks ago) it's still crickets.

The players are downbeat, disinterested and downhearted knowing this. They aren't stupid.

Imagine being Marlion Pickett or Dusty knowing that every time you got the ball you're a marked man and even if the ball is knocked clear in the tackle you still get done for htb. We are umpired differently. There are literally hundreds of examples. If you whinge about it tho, you're a sook.

We are umpired differently. The stats prove it even if it wasn't obvious to anyone trying to look at it objectively. It costs us games ! People only look at the last free kick of the game that might cost a result when it's actually the weight of numbers over a game that kills us in many instances.

Don't even get me started about how many times we have wrestled the momentum our way in a game and had it taken away/reversed by dodgy free kicks. Many, many times.

I'm sick of ignorant people telling me that there's no reason that a game should be 50/50 in free kicks. Of course it shouldn't be but there's also no reason why one team consistantly loses the free kick differential over a long period of time. We know that those things are supposed to even out. Tbh I'd take 50/50 !!! 50/50 would be joy !

Finally don't try telling me it's the way we play. That will get you a Don't Argue ! We play nothing like the way we used to. Our former coach is instilling exactly the same game style at his new club and they have the most advantageous differential in the league. So that's just bs. That also doesn't explain why we don't get the free kicks other teams get. Somehow (stat proven also) other teams are able to be on their best behaviour against us and don't give kicks away !

All we ask for is a fair go and we haven't been getting a fair go from the league in a long time.
I would bet everything that just because of the way Nick Vlastuin looks and plays that
AFL ticked off 50m penalty

WHAT A JOKE
lol of course they did

AFL ticked off 50m penalty

WHAT A JOKE
Finding it very hard to respect Laura Kane and the PR spin we get with a smarmy smile when 'contentious' decisions are reviewed on Mondays.

From today's AFL release:

"You can see on the vision, Bailey Scott takes the mark, the umpire blows his whistle and one of two calls could be made. It could be play on immediately, or it could be stand, which would indicate the mark had been paid.

"Neither of these two calls were made in the immediate moment after the free kick has been blown, and Bailey takes four steps or so inbound and looks to play on. So the correct call should have been play on initially.
"That has caused confusion for the players in the immediate vicinity, the Collingwood players, that there was a delay whistle-to-message and that communication was the error, I guess you could call it.

"The important part for the umpire then is to make sure he or she has control of the situation and the decision to regain control from a series of confusing incidents was to pay the mark and bring the ball back.
"The initial call, the initial mistake, was that play on wasn't called. It should have been called play on.

"So Collingwood players (were) anticipating that they were going to hear a call post-whistle. A really common discussion around players is play the whistle and when you hear it, wait for what's next. What's next didn't come quick enough so the confusion for those Collingwood players was what to do, as was probably the level of confusion that sat with Bailey himself.

HUGE contradiction here - she correctly states that players are told to play the whistle - she states whistle was blown when the mark was taken - but then as no other whistle was blown, players took it upon themselves to assume Scott had played on and therefore went over the mark by 5 meters - how is that playing the whistle?
Just because the Ump did not blow his whistle since when are players then allowed to ignore the previous whistle.

OFF COURSE this "confusing situation" significantly favoured her AFL love children in black and white....

& of course there is the other piece about the touched ball call being correct as there was no definitive proof and so Umpires call was correct...

"We need certainty in the ARC and our score reviewers need to see and be certain that the vision shows very clearly that the ball was touched, and we didn't have that certainty," she said.

"It's a line ball call in the moment. Our score reviewers have to make a decision with what they have available to them, which is the vision and the images that they had. In an absence of being completely certain, they went with the umpire's call.

I still can't cop the shafting we got in that 2022 Gabba EF - no way that arc had definitive proof from angles and vectors and triangulation within 20 seconds of Lynch snapping for goal.

That overrule was an epic AFL arc ****-up which was dusted off and swept away with spin and bullshit.

Angry still! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Finding it very hard to respect Laura Kane and the PR spin we get with a smarmy smile when 'contentious' decisions are reviewed on Mondays.

"You can see on the vision, Bailey Scott takes the mark, the umpire blows his whistle and one of two calls could be made. It could be play on immediately, or it could be stand, which would indicate the mark had been paid.

"Neither of these two calls were made in the immediate moment after the free kick has been blown, and Bailey takes four steps or so inbound and looks to play on. So the correct call should have been play on initially.
"That has caused confusion for the players in the immediate vicinity, the Collingwood players, that there was a delay whistle-to-message and that communication was the error, I guess you could call it.

"The important part for the umpire then is to make sure he or she has control of the situation and the decision to regain control from a series of confusing incidents was to pay the mark and bring the ball back.
"The initial call, the initial mistake, was that play on wasn't called. It should have been called play on.

"So Collingwood players (were) anticipating that they were going to hear a call post-whistle. A really common discussion around players is play the whistle and when you hear it, wait for what's next. What's next didn't come quick enough so the confusion for those Collingwood players was what to do, as was probably the level of confusion that sat with Bailey himself.

HUGE contradiction here - she correctly states that players are told to play the whistle - she states whistle was blown when the mark was taken - but then as no other whistle was blown, players took it upon themselves to assume Scott had played on and therefore went over the mark by 5 meters - how is that playing the whistle?
Just because the Ump did not blow his whistle since when are players then allowed to ignore the previous whistle.

OFF COURSE this "confusing situation" significantly favoured her AFL love children in black and white....
What a crock of shit ....Laura Kane and the AFL have no integrity what' so ever......talk about a dictatorship ....it's a disgrace what has happen to this competition! !!!

& of course there is the other piece about the touched ball call being correct as there was no definitive proof and so Umpires call was correct...

"We need certainty in the ARC and our score reviewers need to see and be certain that the vision shows very clearly that the ball was touched, and we didn't have that certainty," she said.

"It's a line ball call in the moment. Our score reviewers have to make a decision with what they have available to them, which is the vision and the images that they had. In an absence of being completely certain, they went with the umpire's call.

I still can't cop the shafting we got in that 2022 Gabba EF - no way that arc had definitive proof from angles and vectors and triangulation within 20 seconds of Lynch snapping for goal.

That overrule was an epic AFL arc ****-up which was dusted off and swept away with spin and bullshit.

Don't get me started on THE Lynch goal in the final ....which the AFL went against all its protocols to overturn ....they had no evidence to overturn the umpires call of a goal .....and the pissweak media went along with it ....f##king disgrace !!!

But...but...but....the AFL had other vision from a better angle remember ? The vision that nobody ever saw or talked about ever again .

That’s straight up embarrassing

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back