Roast Umps

Remove this Banner Ad

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Essendon kicked 9 goals.
5 of these were due to shocking umpiring 'mistakes'. And they subtracted one of Waite's. The maggots kept them in the game until 3 quarter time. What an absolute disgrace.

The only negative tonight.

Hopeless as per usual - at least they are consistent :rolleyes:

The high contact free kick to Hille near the end of the 1st quarter after he gave a free away to Robbo who kicked a goal was the worst free kick I've ever seen.

That umpire should be sacked for bringing the game into disrepute.

Yet I bet the issue will slide and he won't be held accountable for a decision that was just completely laughable.

Hille headbutts a player and gets a free kick because a torso connected with his head.

What a farce.

FFS, I rarely complain about umpiring especially when we win, but that umpiring was a JOKE. I cant wait for Geeshes explanation of that disgrace.

May it be Collingwood :D

1979 says hello. BUT would LOVE to see it again of course.

As for the umpiring tonight. That umpire with the curly hair and thick eyebrows needs to be suspended. He is by far the worst umpire ever.

Hille was only taking the piss out when he headbutted Hendo and the prick still gave him the free.

Waite's goal being disallowed was also absolutely disgraceful. BTW to those that are thinking the Neagle goal evens it up, well it doesn't, we would've been 28 points up and the whole dynamic of the game would have changed. I reckon that rebound goal they got from it gave them some momentum and kept them in the match.

Overall the Bummers kicked 4 goals as far as I'm concerned.

Hopeless as per usual - at least they are consistent :rolleyes:

The high contact free kick to Hille near the end of the 1st quarter after he gave a free away to Robbo who kicked a goal was the worst free kick I've ever seen.

That umpire should be sacked for bringing the game into disrepute.

Yet I bet the issue will slide and he won't be held accountable for a decision that was just completely laughable.

Hille headbutts a player and gets a free kick because a torso connected with his head.

What a farce.

I actually pissed myself laughing a that decision. I was at a mates house who really doesn't like Carlton and even he said it was a joke. Close to the worst decision I've seen this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst decision I've ever seen still remains Yarran's tackle on the wing in Round 3 on someone from the Bombers.

I cant remember who it was, but how it was not paid as HTB, I still have absolutely no idea.

On about 15 occasions the people around me all looked at each other like WTF was that for???? Fans from both sides were stunned at some of the bullshit frees, it was hard at times to know exactly what was going on (The one Hadley??? just gave to Eddie....what was wrong with that??).... There were so many others, but im half pissed and can't be bothered typing them all up ;).Its getting that bad, the touchy 50m penalties, the bullshit hip and shoulder frees off the ball ( abit of niggle before a bounce) are so over umpired.

Its like the mongrels have gotta fill quotas and just manufacture em.

I don't watch other games now, its just changed the game so much now that every 5 seconds the ump takes over. LET THE GAME GO FFS!!!!!!

I didnt want to start another thread for this but as this is a roast thread it seemed appropriate. You know what else really disappointed me tonight. The lack of commentary on how weak the bombers were tonight. They really gave us a bake last week and most would say rightly so, but we lost by 8 goals. The Bombers completely dropped their bundle with their season on the line too, and went from 22 points down to 70 odd down in the space of 30 minutes and not a peep out of the commentators. They gave it to us with both barrels and not even a whisper that the Bombers were weak.

And that in itself is weak. Inconsistent, biased and weak.

Do I sound a bit bitter?

I remember something very strange from the umpires. Essendon get a mark in the defensive 50, Fletcher runs through the mark and umpire says Robinson can follow him through. WTF?

I remember something very strange from the umpires. Essendon get a mark in the defensive 50, Fletcher runs through the mark and umpire says Robinson can follow him through. WTF?

Yep and Fletch does it again, Robbo follows him again and ping, 50 meters. Yep they had a very dirty night.

The ump last night was just a disgrace, and we were mainly on the receiving end of most of it, it was laughable at stages, and there's no doubt they gifted at least 4-5 goals to the Bombers through 50m penalties and free kicks, I really did feel the umps helped keep them in the game, but we just fought really hard against a bit of adversity and showed we were clearly the better team, well done Baggers

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Umps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back