Unsack Cousins NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
r192150_724883.jpg

Cousins contract stipulated any arrests in relation to driving indiscretions ( Booze bus incident), drug related offences, or alcohol offences and his contract would be terminated.

Now, given the lad is a recovering drug addict, him being possession of Valium, a tool used to level out the effects of coming down from a high, and that he was witnessed in the Park with some ladies of the night, as well as associating with a bloke charged with the possesion of Pot, ecstacy and cocaine.....

Why the **** are we still defending him?

He knew the claused in his contract, if he really needed some valium, do what you and I would do.

See a doctor and get a presciption. He's 29 ffs.

Personally, I feel he should have been sacked 3 years ago.

Also, investigations continue, two other pills believed to be illicit are still being tested.

Please explain to me why he refused a blood test then. There's only one reason why someone would refuse a drug test - we all know what that is.

Because it is your right to deny any voluntary requests. If a policeman came to my door and asked to search my place I would get them to produce a warrant even though I have nothing illegal at my place. Why? To make sure they got a court to approve of it first which means they had to have probable cause and some evidence to suggest at least suspicion of guilt.

It is just out of principal that I wouldn't allow them to violate my privacy unless they went through the appropriate channels. If I was a celebrity or in the spotlight like Cousins, you would want a court order to even speak to me. :p Otherwise it is just talk to my lawyer. You would be the target of that many frivolous requests that it would just be wasting your time to take them all seriously.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. There is no doubt he could have easily got a legal prescription for his valium. Kerr years before got into trouble for having valium without a prescription. Suerly Cousins would have learnt from Kerr's earlier incident.

Because it is your right to deny any voluntary requests. If a policeman came to my door and asked to search my place I would get them to produce a warrant even though I have nothing illegal at my place. Why? To make sure they got a court to approve of it first which means they had to have probable cause and some evidence to suggest at least suspicion of guilt.

It is just out of principal that I wouldn't allow them to violate my privacy unless they went through the appropriate channels. If I was a celebrity or in the spotlight like Cousins, you would want a court order to even speak to me. :p Otherwise it is just talk to my lawyer. You would be the target of that many frivolous requests that it would just be wasting your time to take them all seriously.

Well then if Cousins was just exercising his legal right to refuse the test then as long as he doesn't mind losing his $800k per year job over it then who are we to complain? He knew what his conditions of continuing with the Eagles was. If you honestly believe that Cousins refused the test just out of principle (and not because he'd fail it) you are living in a dream world.

It isnt voluntary, it is a requirement by law.

If you dont, it's an offence.

r192150_724883.jpg

Cousins contract stipulated any arrests in relation to driving indiscretions ( Booze bus incident), drug related offences, or alcohol offences and his contract would be terminated.

Now, given the lad is a recovering drug addict, him being possession of Valium, a tool used to level out the effects of coming down from a high, and that he was witnessed in the Park with some ladies of the night, as well as associating with a bloke charged with the possesion of Pot, ecstacy and cocaine.....

Why the **** are we still defending him?

He knew the claused in his contract, if he really needed some valium, do what you and I would do.

Personally, I feel he should have been sacked 3 years ago.

Also, investigations continue, two other pills believed to be illicit are still being tested.
Well said...

For those still defending him get over it!!

He aint coming back regardless of the court verdict.

Would like to personally thank the WA police force for removing valium from our streets, 12 months ago the Lebo,s, Bikies and Aussie Mafa played out their own version of show down at the OK coral, over who ran killer drug in Perth, the half witted WA keystone cops couldn't make 1 charge stick. The saddest thing about this incident is the morons who administer law in this state and the lowest scum western sociaty has created..the media, and I can tell you if I was asked to take a blood test after passing a breathalyzer I would tell the brain dead porker to stick his needle up his arse... apparently every sub human piece of garbbage in this country has civil rights but not sportsmen.
How wonderful it must be to be the last bastion of human excellence and continually be judged by stupid fat ugly female news dogs and weak insignifacant weasel public servants.
Cousins was very lucky not to have been caught with 2 kilos of heroin, just think how much air time the two set of leaches could have got from that

Would like to personally thank the WA police force for removing valium from our streets, 12 months ago the Lebo,s, Bikies and Aussie Mafa played out their own version of show down at the OK coral, over who ran killer drug in Perth, the half witted WA keystone cops couldn't make 1 charge stick. The saddest thing about this incident is the morons who administer law in this state and the lowest scum western sociaty has created..the media, and I can tell you if I was asked to take a blood test after passing a breathalyzer I would tell the brain dead porker to stick his needle up his arse... apparently every sub human piece of garbbage in this country has civil rights but not sportsmen.
How wonderful it must be to be the last bastion of human excellence and continually be judged by stupid fat ugly female news dogs and weak insignifacant weasel public servants.
Cousins was very lucky not to have been caught with 2 kilos of heroin, just think how much air time the two set of leaches could have got from that

ahh the mating call of weagles fans - its everyone else's fault and not the lovely Ben cousins......It was channel 9 fault for filming it....its was the police fault for doing their job...it was the eagles admin fault for not watching him...

heres a new one for ya - MAYBE..just maybe .. its Cuzs own fault. Dont go bagging the police - cuz is a stupid tool who continue to flaunt it and got done.

His own fault...time to reap what you so cuz. I dont feel sorry for him - i pity him and i pity those who are blaming everyone but him.

Well said...

Exactly.

I am breathing a sigh of relief that he is gone TBH. There is always going to be a next time with Cousins, its just a question of when.

If he was not under the influence, his lawyer would have instructed him to take the test. It is a urine test BTW, not a blood test. Pretty easy to piss in a cup and save your career I would have thought?

He will get off the charge relating to the diazepam, he has been charged with the wrong offence by the idiot in charge of the gang response unit.

He still may face further charges however due to the fact there are other drugs that were found on him currently being tested.

No matter what he will never play for West Coast again.

I hope he gets his shit together and there is never another story in the media about him. I doubt that will happen however.

What if Cousins and his lawyer suspected that he would be set up?

If he takes the test, the cops have physical evidence... now they have nothing.

Well said...

those defending him are usually the ones who still think he's a kid who's made a few mistakes but deserves a second chance, they have no comprehension of how many chances he's had or how much damage he's done to the brand.

What if Cousins and his lawyer suspected that he would be set up?

If he takes the test, the cops have physical evidence... now they have nothing.
I think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective.

If he doesn't take the test he is still charged with an offence.

If he has taken nothing he takes the test and clears his name.

Does anyone here not think that West Coast/ AFL/ ASADA would have asked him to provide a sample by now?

If I were a board member, I would have asked for a sample in order to have something to base a decision on. Considering the board said sacking him was "the hardest decision they have ever had to make" you would think they would have all the facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective.

If he doesn't take the test he is still charged with an offence.

If he has taken nothing he takes the test and clears his name.

Does anyone here not think that West Coast/ AFL/ ASADA would have asked him to provide a sample by now?

If I were a board member, I would have asked for a sample in order to have something to base a decision on. Considering the board said sacking him was "the hardest decision they have ever had to make" you would think they would have all the facts.

Maybe you didn't understand me... if he suspects he is being set up, it doesn't matter how clean he is.

ahh the mating call of weagles fans - its everyone else's fault and not the lovely Ben cousins......It was channel 9 fault for filming it....its was the police fault for doing their job...it was the eagles admin fault for not watching him...

heres a new one for ya - MAYBE..just maybe .. its Cuzs own fault. Dont go bagging the police - cuz is a stupid tool who continue to flaunt it and got done.

His own fault...time to reap what you so cuz. I dont feel sorry for him - i pity him and i pity those who are blaming everyone but him.

Not defending Cousins, if he has chosen that life style then he will get what he deserves, but if the police are going to arrest everyone using valium without scripts that should account for half the doctors, lawers, judges and police in this state or is a 3 hour search for nothing just a pissant excuse to put on a show for a piss weak setup... major crime unit... **** me.

Maybe you didn't understand me... if he suspects he is being set up, it doesn't matter how clean he is.

then its probably best he is out of the team, state and anything else to do with this town...good to see a few fans gave him some support this morning. As a player I'm over him but as an individual I wish him all the very best.

those defending him are usually the ones who still think he's a kid who's made a few mistakes but deserves a second chance, they have no comprehension of how many chances he's had or how much damage he's done to the brand.

WRONG.

I'm not interested in the "brand", sponsors or the kid's...I care about good footy, and that's what he gave us.

Never a harder Eagle in our lifetime.

As i said in another thread - he is not fighting for his footy career, he is fighting for his life.

Talk of him playing again is ridiculous. Discussion about the type of drugs he was caught with and then downplaying what has happend as a result mystifies me.

He was sacked because he has an addiction that has lead to him at different times unable to train, run away from police, be unconcious in public places, punch a teamate, refuse to answer questions from police as to gangster relationships etc etc. The other day was the end of a long list of drug addicted behaviour.

He has lost his dignity, mates, girlfriend and career - that is what happens to people addicted to drugs - over time they lose everything.

I just hope for Ben & his family that he comes out of this with his life.

As i said in another thread - he is not fighting for his footy career, he is fighting for his life.

Talk of him playing again is ridiculous. Discussion about the type of drugs he was caught with and then downplaying what has happend as a result mystifies me.

He was sacked because he has an addiction that has lead to him at different times unable to train, run away from police, be unconcious in public places, punch a teamate, refuse to answer questions from police as to gangster relationships etc etc. The other day was the end of a long list of drug addicted behaviour.

He has lost his dignity, mates, girlfriend and career - that is what happens to people addicted to drugs - over time they lose everything.

I just hope for Ben & his family that he comes out of this with his life.

I agree. I think he`s lost the trust to be able function rationally.
While I don`t agree with the police action not to release the details of the possesion of drugs charge . They let everyone fear the worst that snow balled out of control .
good luck in the future BEN AND I HOPE You fix your self.

I agree unsack him now.

He should not have been sacked until it was proven he had drugs in his possession/ system.

Its just disgraceful what theyve done to him

He has given his whole life to that club. Won Premierships for them. Wheres the f****ing loyalty?

He has given that club everything. I hate that club and Ill dump them if they forsake Ben this way.

Disgusting.

Should never have been sacked. Sack the managment for their handling of judd trade and now this.

Pathetic.

I agree unsack him now.

He should not have been sacked until it was proven he had drugs in his possession/ system.

He has given his whole life to that club. Won Premierships for them. Wheres the f****ing loyalty?

He has given that club everything. I hate that club and Ill dump them if they forsake Ben this way.

are you ****ing blind or stupid or just ignorant? how about them standing by him in 2002? then every other time they have since he's screwed up? If he was working at any other company he'd be out of a job...what the **** does the club have to lose before people like you get it through their heads that he is a liability.

Since when has goodwill to fans ever been used legally ? I would suggest that if he legally hasn't broken the strict contract he wrote up after the last indescression then how legally can you ditch him ??? over public opinion ? I hope you never get sacked because your boss thinks you are out of favour with him.

Are you not forgetting that he refused a blood test and saliva test

I agree unsack him now.

they stood by him when he wouldn't speak to the cops after kizon gave him a call after shooting some guy. They stood by him after he did a runner from a booze bus. They stood by him when it was found out he had a serious drug problem and nearly ripped the player group apart.
There's only so many times you can stand by a player before you've just got to admit that he needs to fix his life up, and he can't do that while he's playing AFL. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back