Autopsy Unswanslike performance vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's not fit by now....season 6 is it(?) he likely never will be. Not everyone has the body (biochemistry?) to run like modern AFL requires.
Or maybe it's a post covid issue - of which there are dozens of potential issues that could be impacting. Was only due to this that I thought he might make an excellent impact sub. Imagine him coming on at 3/4 time against tiring defenders given what he's often done against them in first and second quarters...
Impact sub is a fair point. I can see the positives. Picking a sub who plays only one position makes it tricky, unless he replaces McLean or McDonald the team would need to be jiggled around.

Coming into this season, Amartey had played 28 games, similar to where McDonald was in early 2023, after Logan played a streak of 17 games to bring his total to 24 games before his breakout 20 game 2023 season. Amartey's 15 games in 2023 was the first time he'd played more than six games. It until Buddy retired before Amartey played his first five consecutive game streak during which he averaged 1.6 goals/game, the same as McDonald in 2022.

McLean had his first full season last year, as he replaced Reid. All three key forwards are developing and this is their first year of playing together, rather than filling in.

I'm not concerned. Both McLean and Amartey are behind McDonald who was an early age talent, annointed to step into the Buddy space. Hayden and Joel are important to support Logan. Statistically Amartey is tracking well enough, even on limited game time. This first full season for him will give us a better idea.

It’s kinda fun to have a look back over this thread, given what has occurred since.

I do miss a good melt.
I don't mind the bump.

What I do mind - and this is not aimed at yourself DQ - is posters bringing up comments that have occurred months ago and then flinging it back at other users.

People are allowed to change their minds. They're also allowed to be wrong without being publicly humiliated for the mere sake of it.

There's been a lot of this happening on the board lately. Stop it.
/mod rant

I don't mind the bump.

What I do mind - and this is not aimed at yourself DQ - is posters bringing up comments that have occurred months ago and then flinging it back at other users.

People are allowed to change their minds. They're also allowed to be wrong without being publicly humiliated for the mere sake of it.

/mod rant
Post of the day surely ,i admit ive been hard on Horse with no plan B , but how do you knock this , maybe he's given the assistants have been allowed more say .
On this game i thought at the time we were too manic and made too many mistakes , just had to slow down and take control.

I don't mind the bump.

/mod rant

If people acknowledge they were wrong, then fine, but if someone is steadfast in an opinion then is it not reasonable to revisit to see if given time and context they still hold that opinion?

If people acknowledge they were wrong, then fine, but if someone is steadfast in an opinion then is it not reasonable to revisit to see if given time and context they still hold that opinion?
Dredging up old comments to win internet brownie points is just childish, immature & doesn't add much to the currebt conversation other than an "I told you so" debate.

Things change. Opinions change. Situations change. Facts change. The reason to bring something posted ages ago isn't usually anything more than trying to 1 up another poster IMO. If I see it I'll usually try to shut it down before we get posters bringing up StatMachine posts from 2008 or something. It's often not conducive to constructive debate, just a pile on.

Dredging up old comments to win internet brownie points is just childish, immature & doesn't add much to the currebt conversation other than an "I told you so" debate.

Things change. Opinions change. Situations change. Facts change. The reason to bring something posted ages ago isn't usually anything more than trying to 1 up another poster IMO. If I see it I'll usually try to shut it down before we get posters bringing up StatMachine posts from 2008 or something. It's often not conducive to constructive debate, just a pile on.

It's not about winning anything, it's about clarifying an earlier discussion. Like I said, if the poster acknowledges they were wrong or changed their mind then no harm done?

It's not about winning anything, it's about clarifying an earlier discussion. Like I said, if the poster acknowledges they were wrong or changed their mind then no harm done?
I guess it depends on the poster & how they take it. Usually it's taken as a "gotcha" & then proceeds into a sh*tfight... So I hate seeing it. Each to their own. There is no "bf rules" around it but some common sense would apply... if we think it's done for genuine reason & the poster with which it's aimed at takes it the right way then it's all good. That's not usually the case though...

Post of the day surely ,i admit ive been hard on Horse with no plan B , but how do you knock this , maybe he's given the assistants have been allowed more say .
On this game i thought at the time we were too manic and made too many mistakes , just had to slow down and take control.
Agree Bedders, but with Wicksy left out, team unrest because of “the Wicksy incident” and the rumours about the players having the rona (or flu), more than happy to give them a mulligan that day 👍

Disappointing but s**t happens. Richmond brought the heat.

If we are bumping posts let's just bump the good one

sums this day up
club moved on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back