Preview **UPDATE** Changes vs. Sydney - Saturday 11.45am WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Carbine Chaos you’re going a bit OTT with this “gave away our future“ thing.

We haven‘t done that, really. The draft picks we gave for TK weren’t really that high, and to assume our first this year is going to be in the single digits is jumping the gun a bit.

Selling our future would’ve been giving away two top 10 picks, or giving away someone like Brander. The only worrying thing is that first we gave them, and I still don’t see why we should assume it’s going to be high this far out.

Last edited:
Out
- Darling - a statue would be more active;
- Brander - the experiment has failed, shd do his apprenticeship as a third tall in backline, sometimes fwd line;
- Hickey - offers little, there are better options for relief ruck;
- Duggan - small, slow and vanilla, a backline Marsden;
- Schofield - will be suspended, had a shocker

In
- Allen - has a go, don't play as ruck, adds life and skill to the fwd line;
- Waterman - can play a good link up role and kick goals;
- Williams - great leap, energy, athleticism, can play fwd, perfect back up ruck
- McGovern - obvious inclusion;
- Watson - adds dash, pace, flair and hardness, deserves an opportunity

Lucky to stay in: Cripps, Jetta
There's a spot for Cameron as soon as he is fit

I know this makes us tall, but the taller players are the better ones on the list.
Hard to argue with any of this

Carbine Chaos you’re going a bit OTT with this “gave away our future“ thing.

We haven‘t done that, really. The draft picks we gave for TK weren’t really that high, and to assume our first this year is going to be in the single digits is jumping the gun a bit.

Selling our future would’ve been giving away two top 10 picks, or giving away someone like Brander. The only worrying thing is that first we gave them, and I still don’t see why we should assume it’s going to be high this far out.
I don't think it's that much of a leap to assume we're not going to win many games this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schofield offered a week.

Stupid act and he should just take it (especially since he’d be dropped anyway and it seemingly doesn’t stop you from playing scratchies) but the club was so keen to toss some work David Grace’s way last time, maybe they’ll roll the dice just for the hell of it.

Schofield offered a week.

Stupid act and he should just take it (especially since he’d be dropped anyway and it seemingly doesn’t stop you from playing scratchies) but the club was so keen to toss some work David Grace’s way last time, maybe they’ll roll the dice just for the hell of it.

Win on appeal and not select him anyway. Arrogance.

Out: Schofield, Hickey, Redden, Cripps
In: McGovern, Allen, Exxon, Cameron

Time to acknowledge that Redden’s new role (for obvious reasons) and Cripps’ 2020 (for some reason) isn’t working.

They’re not dropping Darling or Hurn, but there’s some vets not pulling their weight and at a certain point you’ve got to drop them, extensive runs or the board or not.

Keep rolling out Brander, last week was his best game and then this week was his best game. He’s growing into it somewhat with consecutive games of footy for the first time ever. Not convinced it’ll work but if you’re starting this experiment you might as well see it through when it’s hinting at showing results, no sense pulling the plug now.
The problem with branders best games is the bar is pretty low . He best games include horrible turnovers that result in direct goals and being a witches hat in defensive transition .
If we are developing sure play him but if we are trying to win a flag then atm he is a liability.

He would be less of a liability if he was playing in the forward line but playing midfield his bad turnovers kill us

He offers no drive, never has. He is a stopper at best and an average one at that. The half back role has to offer drive and break the lines. You are correct that he was not our worst today but it wasn’t any great game and it was all he can deliver.
My changes are based about producing some spark and of course rely on the Coach wanting to move the ball quicker.
It is my opinion we have options to possibly inject that spark. Duggan for me is not part of that.
Duggan plays as a stopper .
Hurn and jetta who don't stop shit are our rebounders.

The problem with branders best games is the bar is pretty low . He best games include horrible turnovers that result in direct goals and being a witches hat in defensive transition .
If we are developing sure play him but if we are trying to win a flag then atm he is a liability.

He would be less of a liability if he was playing in the forward line but playing midfield his bad turnovers kill us

He needs to get those turnovers out of his game ASAP.

It's a momentum killer.

The flipside is the reason he has ball in hand in most of those situations is he has taken a very good grab.

There is a lot to work with when it comes to Brander. Also a lot of work he still needs to do.

I think it is a bit of a leap, and I think you’ll actually be quite surprised come next weekend.

It's tough to say. While not playing well, Richmond are a pressure team that do a lot when not in possession. We could see a lot of rushed kicks and turnovers.

Hard to say which way it goes given both teams are in bad form.

Can’t wait to watch Thursday night as Gaff and Yeo blindly kick the ball around their body’s to Richmond defenders lining up. Seriously though it’s not just them the whole team this year so hard to watch.
Coaches should just replay the first quarter we played against Richmond last year. Best quarter of football by any team in the completion last year. Would give anything to see 1/10 of that skill level Thursday.

He needs to get those turnovers out of his game ASAP.

It's a momentum killer.

The flipside is the reason he has ball in hand in most of those situations is he has taken a very good grab.

There is a lot to work with when it comes to Brander. Also a lot of work he still needs to do.

Absolutely there's a lot to work with. Can take a great grab, moves well, can find it.

Is not a wingman. That experiment needs to be shelved before it totally destroys our season and any confidence the kid may have.

We're shoehorning the rest of the mids around just to fit him onto a wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview **UPDATE** Changes vs. Sydney - Saturday 11.45am WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back