vale Eddie Van Halen

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrote and played it uncredited too, for a slab of beer.
I read somewhere even his bandmates only found out he recorded it afterwards and were a little cheesed off.

The world would've been a much poorer place without Eddie. Just imagine how many millions he inspired to pick up a guitar and express themselves.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read somewhere even his bandmates only found out he recorded it afterwards and were a little cheesed off.

The would've been a much poorer place without Eddie. Just imagine how many millions he inspired to pick up a guitar and express themselves.
Yeh I read the story, everyone told him he was crazy to do it for nothing but he said he just wanted to. By all accounts a super guy, really feel for his family.

Yeh I read the story, everyone told him he was crazy to do it for nothing but he said he just wanted to.
A true artist values his art over money.

Wrote and played it uncredited too, for a slab of beer.

And I dont believe it was even written, just played.
He came in and played what we know as that solo to show what it was he was thinking of doing and they said Thanks, all done! after having captured it on tape already.

First album is their greatest I reckon.

And I dont believe it was even written, just played.
He came in and played what we know as that solo to show what it was he was thinking of doing and they said Thanks, all done! after having captured it on tape already.

First album is their greatest I reckon.
Amazing talent

Look, I wasn’t a “hair rock” fan at all, nor a “guitar god” type either, but I loved Eddie Van Halen, therefore I gave the cheesiness of Van Halen a free pass, he could really ****ing shred, but he could pen a tune during that era that put him head and shoulders above all others until the Gunners stuck their heads up.
He looked like the type of bloke you could walk up to and he’d give the time of day if he could afford it.
He had a smile that could burn a stadium down, I think that’s why I liked him so much, it was truly genuine and not many in America are, I can tell you that!
RIP
In the convo for GOAT in his genre, no doubting!👍❤️🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺😢

How’s this for A fun living room in your 20’s?

Just count those car sized speakers.. ...on just one side of the stage.

508F7D67-3B90-4C92-817B-E7574CB55087.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

vale Eddie Van Halen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back