Vale Jim Stynes

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Jim, very sad news. I think our club should do something for our match against Melbourne on Saturday week. What do you guys think we could do to support Melbourne and Vale Jim? Should pass our recommendations to the club.

Sincere sympathy to his wife Sam, daughter Matisse and son Tiernan. He was an inspiration to so many. The Melbourne FC have indeed lost a champion both on the field and in the Boardroom.

May the road rise up to meet your feet;
May the wind be always gentle at your back
and the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the welcome rains fall softly upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Very sad day for those who love our game, and those who have respect for people that have made an impact to so many outside our game as well.

I pretty much owe my lifestyle to Jim. Back in 1994 my wife met him at a function for the Reach Foundation when it was just beginning. He made a huge impression on her and actually gave her an interest in Aussie Rules as "that awesome Irishman" played. She had never seen a game live before that.

A genuine champion on the field and off the field he provided hope and encouragement to so many.

RIP Jim.

what a sad start to the day on hearing the news this morning and my thoughts are for his wife Sam, daughter Matisse and son Tiernan. australia and ireland have lost a great man. RIP jim.

The obviuous thing is to do something on our banner but maybe the supporters could do something.

What if we could unveil a large banner amongst lions supporters at the ground giving our thoughts on jim Stynes. Similliar to what the Adelaide united soccer fans did at the away game against Melbourne victory just after black Saturday.

I hope this doesn't come accross the wrong way but its just our luck that we're the ones playing them first after this, there going to be very fired up to do it for Jimmy.

Do others feel that if we do win round 1 it will be a hollow victory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope this doesn't come accross the wrong way but its just our luck that we're the ones playing them first after this, there going to be very fired up to do it for Jimmy.

Do others feel that if we do win round 1 it will be a hollow victory?[/quote]

I thought the same thing myself, however we should treat it as an honour to be playing this game. Should be a huge crowd which will be a great experience for a lot of our younger players.

No such thing as a Hollow Victory. I don't believe Jim Stynes would want us to lay down just to let Melbourne win.

I suppose what I;m more getting at is if we win such a emotional game and demons fans are more devasted then normal as a fan would we almost feel guilty belting out our song. lets face it if melbourne were playing anyone else I;m sure we would be wanting them to do it for Jimmy

No such thing as a Hollow Victory. I don't believe Jim Stynes would want us to lay down just to let Melbourne win.

This. Game on.

Melbourne will win if they are good enough and want it enough. That's how Jim would have wanted it.

I suppose what I;m more getting at is if we win such a emotional game and demons fans are more devasted then normal as a fan would we almost feel guilty belting out our song. lets face it if melbourne were playing anyone else I;m sure we would be wanting them to do it for Jimmy

Still No.

Thought and prayers go out to his family and friends.

It is an absolutely tragic loss for all Australian's, and anybody who loves our great game.

And, Mitch, please do that jumper proud.

its prob all going to be irrelevent because I give us very little chance of winning without brown and against a emotional fired up dees

Was doing OK until I heard the story of him packing up his belongings to save his wife the grief, then lost it a bit. Cancer, you prick.

RIP Jimmy.

Respect Jim Stynes, the MFC and the AFL comp enough to go for the win and go hard for the win.

And if we do get over the top, then enjoy the win, because we earned it.

You don't honor an individual like Jim Stynes, by going anything other than full tilt. It will be an honor to play this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Jim Stynes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back