Vale Jim Stynes

Remove this Banner Ad

Respect Jim Stynes, the MFC and the AFL comp enough to go for the win and go hard for the win.

And if we do get over the top, then enjoy the win, because we earned it.

You don't honor an individual like Jim Stynes, by going anything other than full tilt. It will be an honor to play this game.

fair call mate. Asw a fan singing the song for some may feel a bit hollo not saying the players won't give their all to win tho. Prob won't know till if and when it happens.

A caller to a Melbourne radio station suggested people drive with their headlights on to acknowledge a true legend. A lovely sentiment I thought and apparently it's happening. We are a national game, I would like the idea of a minutes silence at all first round games, with all club people wearing the armband.

A step further, supporters of any team might like to do the same.

a great man taken too soon . RIP jim, all thoughts with your family. a great leader for football across the whole country

Absolutely gutted. Terrible tragedy, anyone with a young family know the only wish you have as a dad is to watch your kids grow into adults. Bloody tragedy.

Heard them say last night that Jim was gravely ill, but when the boss came and told me this morning, we both had tears in our eyes...

Two countries are in mourning this day..

Jim, you forged a path for so many, it is cruel and not fair that yours ended like it did..

Condolences to Jims wife, children, family and the Melbourne FC

Bless you Jim....R.I.P

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been quite down all day after hearing the news this morning. Definitely a great man, and will be missed. Glad he's finally pain free.

Hope Mitch Clark does his number justice, and doesn't do anything stupid while wearing it.

It was amazing how he managed to achieve so much, even under the burden of such a horrible disease. Cancer does horrible things to you, and the way he still found a way to do so much for people, it's truly inspirational.

May god bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung

May you stay, forever young

RIP

What a brave and inspirational guy -

Sorta makes you wonder whether you will stand up so courageously when/if that terrible disease comes knocking one day

Must say also,he touched a bit of a personal cord with my family as mum is also ill with terminal cancer (she got diagnosed about 12 months ago) and through a mutual friend Jim wrote mum a lovely note and signed copy of his DVD after she first got the news.

Really meant a lot to her and also to me.

RIP Jimmy

Jim lived life to the fullest,right to the very end.

A wonderful ,brave human being,supported by a loving family and friends.

People like that never really leave us.

They leave behind a lasting legacy.

He and his family fought this horrible disease with great dignity.

Bless all of them:heart:

We are incredibly lucky he decided to come and play AFL. He made a real impact in our country both on and off the field. Best wishes to his family
Yep agreed

Like Kenelly said, he payed the way for anyone that wasn't from a Aussie Rules background or a different background/culture.

we have Pearce and Niall who will turn into fine players and the reason they are here is because of Jimmy - never forget that

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Jim Stynes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back