Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t have a problem with Bob Murphy being here but after 2 years I’m not sure what he actually does? Does any other club pay a guy for good vibes water cooler conversations and bum taps on gameday?

Anyway my vent was supposed to be about how our list management is so ****ed that a guy like Schultz who has been a consistent best 22 for 4 straight years is relying on trigger clauses on shit contracts while we are handing out multi year deals to battlers and cloggers like Hughes and Banfield.
I’ll be back tomorrow for another unrelated vent probably , there’s a lot to choose from since our club is run by amateurs and losers.

I don’t have a problem with Bob Murphy being here but after 2 years I’m not sure what he actually does? Does any other club pay a guy for good vibes water cooler conversations and bum taps on gameday?

Anyway my vent was supposed to be about how our list management is so ****ed that a guy like Schultz who has been a consistent best 22 for 4 straight years is relying on trigger clauses on s**t contracts while we are handing out multi year deals to battlers and cloggers like Hughes and Banfield.
I’ll be back tomorrow for another unrelated vent probably , there’s a lot to choose from since our club is run by amateurs and losers.
2 years Worner on the main list
2 years Banfield.

Cannot wait for Banfield to be first selected. ****ing joyful state our list is at. Exciting.

Anyway my vent was supposed to be about how our list management is so ****ed that a guy like Schultz who has been a consistent best 22 for 4 straight years is relying on trigger clauses on s**t contracts while we are handing out multi year deals to battlers and cloggers like Hughes and Banfield.
The trigger clause is three years old. We have been trying to extend him long term before he even hit the trigger. What is your problem?

The trigger clause is three years old. We have been trying to extend him long term before he even hit the trigger. What is your problem?
That’s the problem nowadays. I don’t blame the poster you quoted, he/she probably read it somewhere and got to the conclusion. It’s those that post on far reaching social media platforms cherry picking info bits and constructing it in certain ways to suit their narrative.
End result is outrage at the “Schultz being disrespected/lowballed etc”

That’s the problem nowadays. I don’t blame the poster you quoted, he/she probably read it somewhere and got to the conclusion. It’s those that post on far reaching social media platforms cherry picking info bits and constructing it in certain ways to suit their narrative.
End result is outrage at the “Schultz being disrespected/lowballed etc”
Will Schofield is behind all of this. I didn't listen but he was on radio last night pushing the same narrative. He probably thinks he got some exclusive information that he's special for sharing.

If I see Banfield running out for round 1, eight years into a rebuild, having just lost Schultz, I think that might just be enough to tip me over the precipice

If I see Banfield running out for round 1, eight years into a rebuild, having just lost Schultz, I think that might just be enough to tip me over the precipice

Be prepared for it, if our genius idea to replace Acres on the wing was Ethan Hughes you don’t think they’d just stick Banfield in the same permanent role as Schultz?
It’s pretty likely both those guys line up for Round 1 now.

Are we eternal optimists or long suffering fools?Why can't we retain players?What is about the Toast that makes them
able to hold onto players. I refuse to believe it's their culture and wonder if the reality is uncle Trev's creative accounting.Shultz wanting out makes my blood boil.How the hell can we get a flag when this keeps happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This forum would be empty if folks actually followed through on these statements haha

Last edited:
If you could go back in time before you had a team to follow, knowing what we know would you pick Freo again?

What keeps me going is knowing how sweet that feeling will be when/if it comes.
This is where I'm far more of a pessimist in that I think that if the day ever comes I'll be too old and jaded to truly celebrate and feel it. I'll probably be thinking: "Yeah this is great but f*** I would've enjoyed it a lot more in my 20s".

This is where I'm far more of a pessimist in that I think that if the day ever comes I'll be too old and jaded to truly celebrate and feel it. I'll probably be thinking: "Yeah this is great but f*** I would've enjoyed it a lot more in my 20s".
I don't care if I'm 80, I'll be partying hardcode.

If you could go back in time before you had a team to follow, knowing what we know would you pick Freo again?

Yes. Mind you, I was 3 in 1995 so didn't have a lot of choice. Besides, I am Fremantle through and through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back