Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Now see I wasn't, and I don't think I've ever been less excited for the season to start than i am now.
Schitts Creek Party GIF by CBC

Now see I wasn't, and I don't think I've ever been less excited for the season to start than i am now.
At least there will less Kool aid drunk in this years pre season training thread. Small mercies and all that.

I hear ya though. Can only hope a few guys have the bit between their teeth for round 1 and a point to prove. Last years opening rounds were Softmantle at its worst.

Same.

I started watching footy like 2005 ish to 2007 ish, supported Freo but was young so fell out of love with Footy until like 2012 where I started watching footy hardcore...

I've never been more disinterested and disappointed with our whole club then this 2023 year. Just absolutely awful to the point I'm not even remotely excited for next season too.

Same.

I started watching footy like 2005 ish to 2007 ish, supported Freo but was young so fell out of love with Footy until like 2012 where I started watching footy hardcore...

I've never been more disinterested and disappointed with our whole club then this 2023 year. Just absolutely awful to the point I'm not even remotely excited for next season too.
The club needs to take this player exodus seriously. Look at is as a whole and not each individual cases. Ask themselves why players at other clubs sacrifice money and playing time to stay at those clubs. Ask themselves why a player can be swayed by one meeting with Collingwood despite already verbally committing to an additional couple years with us. It's a massive problem and if they keep looking at each case by itself and brushing it off then more departures are inevitable.

Even with this season being as shit as it was, if we had no players wanting out then I guarantee the majority of people would be excited for next season based on how we ended the year.

You sweet summer children. Maybe it's the perspective of having been through those early 2000's years that helps temper the current state of things but our list has never been in better shape. The off field stuff has never been in better shape. The future is bright.

You sweet summer children. Maybe it's the perspective of having been through those early 2000's years that helps temper the current state of things but our list has never been in better shape. The off field stuff has never been in better shape. The future is bright.
**** i dont wanna imagine what you had to go through in the early 2000's then...

The club needs to take this player exodus seriously. Look at is as a whole and not each individual cases. Ask themselves why players at other clubs sacrifice money and playing time to stay at those clubs. Ask themselves why a player can be swayed by one meeting with Collingwood despite already verbally committing to an additional couple years with us. It's a massive problem and if they keep looking at each case by itself and brushing it off then more departures are inevitable.

Even with this season being as s**t as it was, if we had no players wanting out then I guarantee the majority of people would be excited for next season based on how we ended the year.
It’s really not that hard to grasp

Play in front of 60-90,000 screaming, fanatic fans weekly ✅

Go home to family in Victoria ✅

Travel, like never ✅

Get brown paper bags and keys to investment properties left in your locker ✅

Play in a team that has a list that will be competitive for the next few years with a great coach ✅

Play for a club with over 100 years history and the connections that go with it ✅

It's so sad how about 18 months ago everything started to click into place 7-1, the clubs was getting praised for their on field love and care for each other, the culture finally looked really great after the shit show a few years prior, players that hadn't shown much had started to blossom, we were a genuine threat, finals were a lock.

To now sitting here with out 8 players leaving in the last two seasons, heart and soul guys that seemed to genuinely love the club and would pull out the jumper pull celebration when they kicked a goal out the door. How did it go so wrong so fast.

(And if you haven't been able to tell from my incessant posting, yes, I'm essentially unemployed in the middle of trade week so this is currently the only thing occupying my mind)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so sad how about 18 months ago everything started to click into place 7-1, the clubs was getting praised for their on field love and care for each other, the culture finally looked really great after the s**t show a few years prior, players that hadn't shown much had started to blossom, we were a genuine threat, finals were a lock.

To now sitting here with out 8 players leaving in the last two seasons, heart and soul guys that seemed to genuinely love the club and would pull out the jumper pull celebration when they kicked a goal out the door. How did it go so wrong so fast.

(And if you haven't been able to tell from my incessant posting, yes, I'm essentially unemployed in the middle of trade week so this is currently the only thing occupying my mind)
I guess post 2021 Cerra left, Lobb wanted out. We brought a couple in granted, and we had some draft picks. But we lost a better player than anyone we've lost since? As you say, 8 games later we were 7 - 1.

I still think it can turn. We've got a better core right now despite the outs. We gave up depth for top end talent last off season. It'll be interesting to see if we've lost too much depth, maybe that brings the list build unstuck.

We need to get lucky and find a couple still. But I'm not sure its gone so wrong just yet. Not a vent (apologies).

I guess post 2021 Cerra left, Lobb wanted out. We brought a couple in granted, and we had some draft picks. But we lost a better player than anyone we've lost since? As you say, 8 games later we were 7 - 1.

I still think it can turn. We've got a better core right now despite the outs. We gave up depth for top end talent last off season. It'll be interesting to see if we've lost too much depth, maybe that brings the list build unstuck.

We need to get lucky and find a couple still. But I'm not sure its gone so wrong just yet. Not a vent (apologies).
The thing with Cerra though is we bought in more talent than we lost that year, and Brodie and Clark fitted in Seamlessly. This year is so dire bc player’s are leaving and no one wants to come.

The thing with Cerra though is we bought in more talent than we lost that year, and Brodie and Clark fitted in Seamlessly. This year is so dire bc player’s are leaving and no one wants to come.
Maybe, but part of the value was in the picks in. Brodie didn't play this year. His value mightve been in pick 19 that came with him. Ironically about where we'll take a pick from Schultz. I get it. We draft another Johnson level talent, great, but the cycle starts again.

But draft picks, two firsts next year (plus?), cap space to use and twelve months to plan with it, its not all won or lost in one off season (hopefully).

* i dont wanna imagine what you had to go through in the early 2000's then...

like…we were horrid in 2001, but go through the results through that year.

im almost certain we didn’t lose a game by 100, lost about 6 or something by less than three goals
we won two games…but look at the margins and think about how putrid West Coast have been in 2023…

even a Damian Drum coached side was light years in front of that rabble

If you could go back in time before you had a team to follow, knowing what we know would you pick Freo again?
I was born at Woodside Hospital in East Freo.
my grandparents lived in White Gum Valley and South Freo, so that's basically where I grew up.
I went to school at both South Freo and John Curtin.
my band played every Freo live music venue in the 90s.
I lived in Freo (Russell St, right near the hospital), S Freo and East Freo in my 20s.

there was no way i would ever support another team.

I was born at Woodside Hospital in East Freo.
my grandparents lived in White Gum Valley and South Freo, so that's basically where I grew up.
I went to school at both South Freo and John Curtin.
my band played every Freo live music venue in the 90s.
I lived in Freo (Russell St, right near the hospital), S Freo and East Freo in my 20s.

there was no way i would ever support another team.
You sir are a property wharfie

Woodside represent!

When my folks were building their first home on snob hill in Coolbellup, the builder called Mum and asked her if she really wanted the driveway painted blue and white.

Obviously I would much rather the FFC followed in the glorious footsteps of Old Easts and started accumulating flags like Buddy Franklin racked up pooney-o-tang, but the half-breed mongrel underdog nature of the club appeals to the contrary mongrel half-breed nature of me.

Purple Jesus is right. We are actually in a great spot compared to the days when a stressed Steven Koops admitted to me that the players were scared the punters would drop off and the club would just fold.

I used to look at all the James Clements of the world who dealt with the problem of Fremantle by wanting to leave it and I would think, "If you all simultaneously realised that you could change the problem, rather than flaking off, then there would be no problem."

I sincerely believe Brayshaw, Young, Serong, Darcy, Jackson, Walters, Cox, Ryan, Pearce, Amiss and Treacy want to be here and want to become immortal. There are probably more but these boys are the true believers with balls big enough to change the problem. That half of them come from elsewhere just adds to the genuine faith I have that the day for this dog is not far away.

And the main dude who made it possible for them to believe is Nathan ****en Fyfe. Because kids all across Australia stuck a picture of him on their wall and wanted to be him when they kicked the pill down the park with their mates.

Woodside represent!

When my folks were building their first home on snob hill in Coolbellup, the builder called Mum and asked her if she really wanted the driveway painted blue and white.

Obviously I would much rather the FFC followed in the glorious footsteps of Old Easts and started accumulating flags like Buddy Franklin racked up pooney-o-tang, but the half-breed mongrel underdog nature of the club appeals to the contrary mongrel half-breed nature of me.

Purple Jesus is right. We are actually in a great spot compared to the days when a stressed Steven Koops admitted to me that the players were scared the punters would drop off and the club would just fold.

I used to look at all the James Clements of the world who dealt with the problem of Fremantle by wanting to leave it and I would think, "If you all simultaneously realised that you could change the problem, rather than flaking off, then there would be no problem."

I sincerely believe Brayshaw, Young, Serong, Darcy, Jackson, Walters, Cox, Ryan, Pearce, Amiss and Treacy want to be here and want to become immortal. There are probably more but these boys are the true believers with balls big enough to change the problem. That half of them come from elsewhere just adds to the genuine faith I have that the day for this dog is not far away.

And the main dude who made it possible for them to believe is Nathan *en Fyfe. Because kids all across Australia stuck a picture of him on their wall and wanted to be him when they kicked the pill down the park with their mates.

As far as "vent" posts go, this is unorthodox.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back