Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

The clubs new Stretch RAP - took the time to read through the document and aside from Curtin making some money through it, which is parlayed into most of our leadership team doing a conference at Curtin ($3500 per seat). There are some decent things and then some absolute shockers for a team that is coming of a massive underperformance and the loss of two best 22 players, in the peak ages for our rebuild.

It disgusts me how deep they are allowing some of this stuff to spread into the club. As I said I took the time to read through it before responding as I like community initiatives, this is more of an academics, virtue signalling mind virus that has become too prevalent in big corporates. We are not a massive business ~$50m revenue. We have underachieved in our most recent season and are failing on our 2025 targets. Why add to that when we are a mile behind on the core business?

When companies move away from a focus on their core business it is a precursor to lower morale and profit. We are going deeper at a time when we are failing in our core strategy. Foolish.

Wish Fyfe would spend the off season getting his body right, considering he’s in his twilight and lucky to still be on the list. Instead he’s dancing with the Indians looking like a try hard.

Another 5 game season ahead.
teacher mr. herbert garrison GIF by South Park

He can do India in 2 years time. He isn’t fair dinkum anymore and clearly the last 2 years have shown us isn’t doing everything necessary to get his aging body up for games like Sonny is and like Pav did in his twilight.

Everything is easier when you can move like Superman but isn’t making the right adjustments in his time to get his body right.

He can do India in 2 years time. He isn’t fair dinkum anymore and clearly the last 2 years have shown us isn’t doing everything necessary to get his aging body up for games like Sonny is and like Pav did in his twilight.

Everything is easier when you can move like Superman but isn’t making the right adjustments in his time to get his body right.

He has done an international trip every year for as long as I can remember. He is the last person you could call out on not having his body right. Pav did a lot of holidays/trips through his career as well. Less when they had kids but they still went North and other places.

Wish Fyfe would spend the off season getting his body right, considering he’s in his twilight and lucky to still be on the list. Instead he’s dancing with the Indians looking like a try hard.

Freo1997 when footballers take time off during the off-season:

Shocked Black Guy Meme Origin - YouTube

Wow what a massive ahole you are. Never has any man worked harder on his body for this club. Have some respect.

Anyone that has played footy into their 30’s knows you have to make the right adjustments to get on the park.

Proof is in the pudding.
I mean I don't disagree with you, I'm just joking around.

I don't get behind Mad Monday and all of those sorts of off-season hijinks, from the first day of off-season you should be straight into the gym and getting your body in even better shape for next year.

Anyone that has played footy into their 30’s knows you have to make the right adjustments to get on the park.

Proof is in the pudding.

The proof is in the pudding alright ... Fyfe has been one of the hardest trainers we have ever had, and this has caused him to overload his already battered body and he breaks down. What you are suggesting is just going to result in the same thing happening again.

I actually hope he spends the whole of October-March doing SFA and just go surfing to keep the mind and body healthy. As the start of the season approaches, get the balls out and focus on getting his touch for marking/handballing/kicking.

Should be used as a permanent super-sub. Doesn't need to be able to run out 4 quarters. Maybe every now and then has to play 3 quarters due to an early injury. The tank he has built up over the years will suffice for 1.5-2 quarters most weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I had seen it all on this board, but criticism of Fyfe's training discipline might be the pinnacle.
Glamour muscles isn’t going to see him through his 30s.

Anyone that’s playing or played into their 30s know you need to take a totally different approach to get your body up and running.

Less weights and muscle gain.

More stretching and pilates needed. I feel like Fyfe hasn’t made the right adjustments yet.

Yes it’s only October, but how much more break time does this guy need. Played like 5 games. Should be training with the guys here and setting the example.

Anyone that’s playing or played into their 30s know you need to take a totally different approach to get your body up and running.

More stretching and pilates needed. I feel like Fyfe hasn’t made the right adjustments yet.

Yes it’s only October, but how much more break time does this guy need. Played like 5 games. Should be training with the guys here and setting the example.
This is the vent thread so more power to you for having your opinions, aint no crime in that.

Just one question, are you close to Fyfe? Do you have an understanding of his current fitness regime? Is it possible he could be doing stretching and pilates while on holiday?

Also, do you honestly think his usual physique is made up of "glamour muscles"?

He has talked for years about his increased pilates and other stretching modalities. Strange vent.

So let me get this right: Anyone that’s playing or played into their 30s know you need to take a totally different approach to get your body up and running, but Fyfe, who is 32 and so currently playing in his 30s, doesn't know he needs to take a totally different approach to get his body up and running...?

Glamour muscles? You utter bellend.

Fyfes preseason- glamour muscles and flexibility 🙄

Attachments

• BA831B55-95FF-4B36-9752-9AF347ED3394.jpeg
    BA831B55-95FF-4B36-9752-9AF347ED3394.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 39

Perhaps him going away and not hitting the weights will do him the world of good late next September.

tbh.

You know you're potting a bloke who had to get a specific hair cut because he couldn't tie his hair up due to surgery?

There's having an opinion and a vent, but still do it with some class mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back