Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

No mate the point is that you said other clubs and oppo fans would be laughing at us. That we’re the laughing stock of the league after Neale won his second.

My point was that everything I’ve seen has been the complete opposite and have seen dozens of people talk about how good our drafting was to get four Brownlow medals from two later picks. The only people bagging Freo for trading him that I’ve seen has been Freo supporters like yourself. It’s been 5 years. Get over it
Ok. So let's answer the question.

How does Neale winning a 2nd Brownlow at Brisbane help Fremantle in 2024?

If you can't answer it, that's fine (and the point), but let's not hide behind this 'we drafted him so we rock' bullshit.

Ross Lyon couldn't convince him to stay. He's not even from Brisbane! Lyon couldn't keep Hogan off the piss. Langdon walked out.

It's an unmitigated disaster any way you want to spin it,

Freo just have to own it now, and move froward with a better policy, better management and better player relations.

Ok. So let's answer the question.

How does Neale winning a 2nd Brownlow at Brisbane help Fremantle in 2024?

If you can't answer it, that's fine (and the point), but let's not hide behind this 'we drafted him so we rock' bullshit.

Ross Lyon couldn't convince him to stay. He's not even from Brisbane! Lyon couldn't keep Hogan off the piss. Langdon walked out.

It's an unmitigated disaster any way you want to spin it,

Freo just have to own it now, and move froward with a better policy, better management and better player relations.
Did I ever say him winning a 2nd Brownlow made us better?

You just need to get over it and stop whining.

Did you? Im still not sure what your point was lol.

As far as I could tell;

One side - Fremantle's drafting has been very good, Lachie Neale winning a second Brownlow is an example of good talent ID (and initial development)
The other side - Fremantle's trading/keeping-sh*t-togetherness has been terrible, Lachie Neale winning a second Brownlow is an example of us being a laughing stock

+100 messages back and forth

I mean from my viewpoint they're both right enough, they're not mutually exclusive.

As far as I could tell;

One side - Fremantle's drafting has been very good, Lachie Neale winning a second Brownlow is an example of good talent ID (and initial development)
The other side - Fremantle's trading/keeping-sh*t-togetherness has been terrible, Lachie Neale winning a second Brownlow is an example of us being a laughing stock

+100 messages back and forth

I mean from my viewpoint they're both right enough, they're not mutually exclusive.
right and since those two ideas are not mutally exlusive than there was no point lol. Just being pointlessly obtuse.

right and since those two ideas are not mutally exlusive than there was no point lol. Just being pointlessly obtuse.
Yeah that was the main issue, Willo seemed to take issue with point 1, either philsophically or because they thought it contradicted point 2, not entirely sure.

Everyone has to choose a hill to die on, for some reason that was Willo's.

Like a true BF hero they moved onto the next contest though.

The point basically is that it doesn't matter how good the drafting is if the trading is F grade.

Here is radical idea. Stop tradingvin players, and keep drafting
Yeah lets keep rebuilding , every team thats won flags has traded in players just look at the two teams playing off on the weekend your idea means we keep ending up where we are now, i reckon there’s at least 10 traded in player’s running around on Saturday and they’re are not all A graders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah lets keep rebuilding , every team thats won flags has traded in players just look at the two teams playing off on the weekend your idea means we keep ending up where we are now, i reckon there’s at least 10 traded in player’s running around on Saturday and they’re are not all A graders.

There will be 15 by my count. Would have been 17 if not for injuries to McStay and Gunston.

Howe, Hill, Lipinski, Crisp, Mitchell, Cameron, Markov

McKenna, Dunkley, Cameron, Daniher, Ah Chee, Neale, McCarthy, Lyons (sub)

And they all drafted the core.

If we had not traded away so many picks we could top up now.

What this fella says. Collingwood have at least 5 or 6 traded in that I can think of?

And they all drafted the core.

Brisbane brought in: Daniher, Neale, Cameron, McKenna, Dunkley, Ah Chee, McCarthy (just from the side on the weekend) with academy players of Harris Andrews, Eric Hipwood, Coleman and father son picks of Fletcher (not including Ashcroft).

7 mature bodies via trades/list concession by my count, 3 academy picks and a father son. Half the side.

Collingwood: Howe, Hill, Lipinski, McStay, Hoskin-Elliot, Cox, Crisp, Mitchell, Cameron, Markov. Moore, Quaynor, Daicos, Daicos as father son/academy players.

14 of theirs from trades/free agents/academy/father son/list concessions allowing outside the draft targeting of players.

That doesn't include Taylor Adams from GWS, Nathan Kreuger from Geelong, Billy Frampton from Port

The point was to deflect blame for our poor season away from Longmuir.

Vocal about lossing Neale and Langdon, who left while Lyon was coach. Quiet on Acres, Lobb, Logue, Cerra and Henry leaving whilst Longmuir is coach. "Lyon couldn't keep Hogan off the piss", but Hogan spent half his time here under Longmuir.

Ross Lyon & Steve Rosich was the reason Neale left, remember Bell never wanted Hogan, Lyon and Rosich over ruled him. 2 years later Lyon gets sacked and Rosich spits the chewy and walks. Our record bringing in expats is not good Hogan, McCarthy, Bennell, Lobb, O'Meara, Wilson, Collier, Hamling and there are others have all failed for one reason or another. Clark & Jackson are the exceptions.
We are terrible at TRADING and should just stick to DRAFTING young talent which has been pretty good.

We should discuss the history of Freo trading in the entirety, not just comparing the best of our players who left with all of the ones that came in.

We traded Viv Michie for pick #54 and Harley Balic for pick #66 to Melbourne. - as a partial contribution to that record

We should discuss the history of Freo trading in the entirety, not just comparing the best of our players who left with all of the ones that came in.

We traded Viv Michie for pick #54 and Harley Balic for pick #66 to Melbourne. - as a partial contribution to that record
Those picks are worthless anyway...

Ross Lyon & Steve Rosich was the reason Neale left, remember Bell never wanted Hogan, Lyon and Rosich over ruled him. 2 years later Lyon gets sacked and Rosich spits the chewy and walks. Our record bringing in expats is not good Hogan, McCarthy, Bennell, Lobb, O'Meara, Wilson, Collier, Hamling and there are others have all failed for one reason or another. Clark & Jackson are the exceptions.
We are terrible at TRADING and should just stick to DRAFTING young talent which has been pretty good.
No team will ever win a premiership again from just drafting alone. Every premiership team going back to the Hawthorn dynasty has has multiple wins at the trade table when putting together their list.

No team will ever win a premiership again from just drafting alone. Every premiership team going back to the Hawthorn dynasty has has multiple wins at the trade table when putting together their list.
Correct, and to some degree we would already fall into that category if we do manage to win one in the next few years I’m sure Jackson will be talked about as the trade that made the difference to our success.
Agreed that the Hogan trade set is back immensely but people have to understand the back story, Lyon and Rosich were in the make or break phase on their respective tenures at our club, they rolled the dice against the wishes of others in the hope of getting us back into contention quickly. It backfired and set us back in our rebuild by years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back