Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Life

Debutant
Jun 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Is Chris Johnson to be named in the 22 this week after 2 very poor showings against the dons and swans..Yes he has great skills, but when the heat is really on he turns to butter..he seems a real confidence player and I can see this as they only reason the MC have decided to give him one more week by showing some faith in him..but for mine he reallly has to inprove his 1%ers and not turn to water under pressure..time to step up CJ!

I just need to know why did you start a new thread? When there are threads on the teams, prematch discussion etc. Like Thy once famously said don't be a attention seeker, because attention will find you eventually, think this thread should be merged.

Ryan Houlihan has been superceded as the team marshmellow.
Have I missed something?

Can people please point to a specific incident that Johnson has been soft?

He may not be the best man on man defender we have, but he's come from the Dees......I'm betting he is lacking in some areas and can only get better.

Are his issues (which I need some direction to find.......match, quarter, description of issue) so bad as to outweigh the fact he kicks the ball like a god?

Please explain?

Ridiculous thread, he's a young player in a new team he just needs time to adjust. Sometimes a wonder if some of the people on here actually watch the games. He may not have the best defensive skills but he sure is desperate to get the ball and make up for his mistake, plus he's a beautiful kick.

Have I missed something?

He may not be the best man on man defender we have, but he's come from the Dees......I'm betting he is lacking in some areas and can only get better.

Are his issues (which I need some direction to find.......match, quarter, description of issue) so bad as to outweigh the fact he kicks the ball like a god?

Please explain?

Well said BB and i agree entirely. :thumbsu:

Angle_Type_Brass_Padlock.jpg

Have I missed something?

Please explain?
Chases like Fev. Doesnt tackle. Doesnt bother. Total spud.

And who cares how good his kicking is if he doesnt bother to find the bloody thing. Usless on his opponent, useless off him.

At 23 he is as good as he is gonna get. Which aint much.

If you want specific incidents, I will locate half a dozen for you on Sunday and report back, if you like.

Chases like Fev. Doesnt tackle. Doesnt bother. Total spud.

And who cares how good his kicking is if he doesnt bother to find the bloody thing. Usless on his opponent, useless off him.

At 23 he is as good as he is gonna get. Which aint much.

If you want specific incidents, I will locate half a dozen for you on Sunday and report back, if you like.
So Johnson equals Fevola? Both don't chase as you say and both are good kicks. Both supposedly don't get enough of the footy.

Time to drop Feolva by the looks of it.

And I'd like the half a dozen specific incidents please...

So Johnson equals Fevola? Both don't chase as you say and both are good kicks. Both supposedly don't get enough of the footy.

Me too :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said Johnson was the same as Fevola. They play at opposite ends of the ground. Fev: six kicks may equal six goals.

Apples and oranges.

And I will try to report back in this thread. I am working at the game, so when I get a chance, I'll take note.

I never said Johnson was the same as Fevola. They play at opposite ends of the ground. Fev: six kicks may equal six goals.

Apples and oranges.

And I will try to report back in this thread. I am working at the game, so when I get a chance, I'll take note.

Do you sell Footy records???

Garlett dropped, Robinson dropped. Some people are mercilessly calling for the heads of Joseph, Johnson and Jacobs each week.

The recruiters must be scratching their heads wondering why they bother. After all, last year's 22 was perfectly capable of finishing eleventh... :eek:

To move forward this club must blood new players. Stiff cheddar if someone's favourite underdone player can't break into the side.

Johnson has been at the club 5 minutes. Ratts saw something in him despite his deficiencies. Let's give the coach the benefit of the doubt?

The team lost last week because we didn't kick enough goals, not because Johnson and others conceded too many.

Meh, here comes another one just like the other one, da da da da da da.

We don't need another Johnson bagging thread so we'll shut this one up.

Probably could have done with articulating just how lucky Johnson is. Maybe add another 'very'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back