VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

COS just oozes class through traffic. Almost Bont like.

Missed a couple kicks, but that will come with time.
And that kick into forward line was good. Didn’t quite work but he lowered eyes and bullet pass

He is going to be special - might take longer than I want (to year 3 or 4) but he has “traits”

Or just the hold over.

If there was a likely out they would have held over two. With Parf and COS playing VFL that doesnt seem to be the case

Still if someone is out in the next 4 hours Mannagh is in!

With the sub you dont need holdovers as much (bc someone can play vfl then backup for 1/4 in seniors) so i think mannagh might play seniors tonight.

That is the question. I haven’t “heard” anything. My expectation is that Mannagh is just hold over and doesn’t play…but don’t know. Just good for him that he is clearly next in

Dempsey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it. When a senior player does that.

(My appreciation for Dal went up a lot when I watched him play VFL - for same reason)

Can't question the effort of the mature guys. Parfitt has been in everything and Bews nailed a big tackle at one point along with Stanley's huge defensive effort.

Don’t know.

Would only be if he was sore…as they could have easily (as you pointed out) managed him this week with no eyebrows raised. I suspect they feel they need his run on that “off wing” role that he played last week.

I think with Mannagh it is simply hold back just in case… hope I am wrong and he finds a way in

In any event that might be good that he is resting this week to play Sydney (maybe just being hopeful)

With the sub you dont need holdovers as much (bc someone can play vfl then backup for 1/4 in seniors) so i think mannagh might play seniors tonight.
Other clubs have done that for sure - can’t think when Geelong has not had a hold over (although sometimes the holdover has played 1/4 to 1/2) - but most of the time we do have a “managed” who actually becomes the holdover (like MOC last week) so you might be right.

Will know if 2 1/2 hours…

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back