VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parf not happy with Hardie then (and quietly let him know). Expected the handball instead of dump kick

Not sure they were the best of friends last week when Hardie ignored teammates calling him to block for Parfitt

And wonder if others could potentially be frustrated also

A couple of behinds ago Hardie was the 30m out defender in our forward line, and while looking to make something of a defensive effort, as soon as the cleared the half forward area he was back into jogging mode

As soon as the ball was turned over on the defensive side of the square, he turns and runs goal-ward, calling for a 50m kick over the top

Would have been good to instead see him present towards the ball carrier and be an option for a kick in the centre square, and be involved in a ball movement

Thought Furphy came into it late. Clohesy, Stevens and Parfitt good. Wouldn’t think anyone outside of those three is in the AFL frame right now. Humphries looked a bit untidy today which, based on other reports, is uncharacteristic.

Thought Furphy came into it late. Clohesy, Stevens and Parfitt good. Wouldn’t think anyone outside of those three is in the AFL frame right now. Humphries looked a bit untidy today which, based on other reports, is uncharacteristic.

I only saw the last 1.5 quarters

I like what I've seen of Clohesy the last couple of weeks - would love to see him given a run in the seniors as there seems there's something to work with

Stevens also looks a lively & likely type - that big bodied mid, and he doesn't seem that slow which is nice to see

Parfitt is one I can't fault the workrate and effort of - he isn't the cleanest player with ball in hand, but he rarely walks away from a match with a clean uniform

What I noticed with Humphries in the last quarter was that he was bumped or pushed off it a bit at times. I'm not sure who it was during the week that said the main thing Humphries needs to do to push for a senior debut is put some muscle on and that definitely looked the case at times late today

Humphries came off with an injury early didn't he? May have been hampered?

I only saw the last 1.5 quarters

I like what I've seen of Clohesy the last couple of weeks - would love to see him given a run in the seniors as there seems there's something to work with

Stevens also looks a lively & likely type - that big bodied mid, and he doesn't seem that slow which is nice to see

Parfitt is one I can't fault the workrate and effort of - he isn't the cleanest player with ball in hand, but he rarely walks away from a match with a clean uniform

What I noticed with Humphries in the last quarter was that he was bumped or pushed off it a bit at times. I'm not sure who it was during the week that said the main thing Humphries needs to do to push for a senior debut is put some muscle on and that definitely looked the case at times late today
🙋‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back