VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Furphy came into it late. Clohesy, Stevens and Parfitt good. Wouldn’t think anyone outside of those three is in the AFL frame right now. Humphries looked a bit untidy today which, based on other reports, is uncharacteristic.
Humphries seemed to be spending time forward in the brief bursts I saw?

Agree. I want to like him more. He is a kid so I don’t like being negative. And he no doubt has skills…

But his work rate is so poor and body language not much better.

Maybe just needs time to get it…but

Hes decently skilled but you cant survive on 5 odd touches a game unless you contribute defensively and he doesnt. Not at the level.

I want to see him play wearing the sunglasses
His future is so bright he gotta wear shades.

Serious note though mikey127 we're all pretty big fans of his kicking ability off half back. He looks like he has a future. If you read references to a train full of doritos on this forum we're referencing the now very full Humphries bandwagon.

Thought Furphy came into it late. Clohesy, Stevens and Parfitt good. Wouldn’t think anyone outside of those three is in the AFL frame right now. Humphries looked a bit untidy today which, based on other reports, is uncharacteristic.

Stevens i really like long term (as you know) but i dont think he has afl level fitness yet.

Clohesys lack of versatility goes against him but his effort is undeniable..maybe he will get an afl game after the bye (we will play the best side we can vs sydney and rightly so). Mannagh and parfitt are probably still next in line but clohesy is pushing.

Stevens i really like long term (as you know) but i dont think he has afl level fitness yet.

Clohesys lack of versatility goes against him but his effort is undeniable..maybe he will get an afl game after the bye (we will play the best side we can vs sydney and rightly so). Mannagh and parfitt are probably still next in line but clohesy is pushing.
I need to catch up now on about 3 and half hours of VFL viewing because it sounds like Big George is coming on.

I have to admit I looked as his draft video and assumed he'd never have the speed/agility for AFL but sounds like he's hit Jenny Craig pretty hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need to catch up now on about 3 and half hours of VFL viewing because it sounds like Big George is coming on.

I have to admit I looked as his draft video and assumed he'd never have the speed/agility for AFL but sounds like he's hit Jenny Craig pretty hard.

To be fair because he was limited in what he could do with the knee last year it was always likely he could strip weight off in an afl program. The bigger issue was whether he a) had the agility for afl and b) could get his tank to afl level given capped rotations. It will take time but the signs so far are good.

To be fair because he was limited in what he could do with the knee last year it was always likely he could strip weight off in an afl program. The bigger issue was whether he a) had the agility for afl and b) could get his tank to afl level given capped rotations. It will take time but the signs so far are good.
Yeah to me I was just very conscious of walking into the trap of drafting a kid who just pushes teenagers around but can't push professional athletes around and his game never translates. Cooper Stephens had a serious draft year injury and he came back looking like a weapon.

His kicking is pretty good. He seems a good leader. He's certainly capable at this level. Would like to see it a bit more before he comes in for a debut though

Only caught glimpses but Furphy looked miles ahead of the other Cat B rucks we’ve taken - like he can actually play footy.

Wonder how much it helps having an athletic brother

His brother has been playing college basketball, has nominated for the NBA draft and was part of the initial Boomers squad for the Olympics

So it may be more about the transition to football, cause he seems a good size where he's got a bit of muscle to go with his height and not just a tall stick

Wonder how much it helps having an athletic brother

His brother has been playing college basketball, has nominated for the NBA draft and was part of the initial Boomers squad for the Olympics

So it may be more about the transition to football, cause he seems a good size where he's got a bit of muscle to go with his height and not just a tall stick
Furphy’s sister is a good sports person so a lot of incentive to show them up, after not making it in basketball.

Like seeing the youngsters amongst the best

VFL Round 10​

Geelong 11.11: 77 def Richmond 8.12: 60

GOALS: Clohesy 3, Foster 2, Knevitt, Willis, Bradtke, Hughes, Sinnott, Pike 1

BEST: Clohesy, Parfitt, Herbert, Stevens, Capiron, Pike

INJURIES: Nil

Only caught glimpses but Furphy looked miles ahead of the other Cat B rucks we’ve taken - like he can actually play footy.

Compared to tsapolitis that doesnt mean much.

Disappointed to hear that, really hope Jenny is okay.

Would expect better from someone of George's character.

I only saw 2nd, 3rd, and a little of the 4th quarters, but I thought Knevitt played well. If I remember correctly, he was at a few CBs and didn't seem out of place. Could be he's developing an inside game, which would be handy.

Willis has some serious tricks up his sleeves but didn't seem to get near it once they pushed him into the midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back