VFL Grand Final - Footscray vs Box Hill Hawks @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Cordy be a slow burn? As in we won't really see him exert his potential he is 26/27+ ?

Will Cordy be a slow burn? As in we won't really see him exert his potential he is 26/27+ ?

Hoping he is. This has been his most consistent year so hope he steps up again next year

Probably Jong or Jones.

Jong was great out of the midfield and Jones was a matchwinner up forward.
Jones really showed his strong hands. Just what the AFL side has been missing. I was a bit surprised to see Brett win the medal, didnt seem to stand out to me.

I think I heard them saying that he has been elevated off the rookie list during todays game? Will have to work a hard to get a game, seems like there is a lot of good doggies players in his position.
Yeah he has. Agree we're pretty set for inside types in the midfield but I think Jong offers something a bit different to the others in there. He's genuinely quick, think I've read before that he's the fastest in our team over the first 20m. We desperately need pace through the midfield, its just a bonus that his inside work is good on top of that.

Possibly... He was built like a rake when we first drafted him and he's had a lot of injuries to deal with. This is his first year he's had a solid run at it with no complications. I can't see him becoming an out and out star or anything like that. But being a best 22 player is a possibility if he keeps stringing games together.

For mine we haven't handled his development properly. He was best known for his agility when drafted and we tried to pile the weight on him and he started moving like a truck. He's lost the weight this year and is moving much better.

Seems that the Doges have a fair bit of depth? Or did they have a percentage of 1st stringers play?

Seems that the Doges have a fair bit of depth? Or did they have a percentage of 1st stringers play?

We've got a good contingent of VFL players. Russell, Prismall & Lower have all been massive this year as our leaders while Goodes has played the majority of the year in the VFL and is a star at that level. There are a couple of players that you can argue are best 22 like Jones but it's mostly our kids that were playing.

We've got a good contingent of VFL players. Russell, Prismall & Lower have all been massive this year as our leaders while Goodes has played the majority of the year in the VFL and is a star at that level. There are a couple of players that you can argue are best 22 like Jones but it's mostly our kids that were playing.
The Box Hill coach called Lower his brothers name in the after game presentation didnt he?

Jones really showed his strong hands. Just what the AFL side has been missing. I was a bit surprised to see Brett win the medal, didnt seem to stand out to me.

Goodes is such an accomplished and VG VFL player. Would love him to captain our VFL side and for the club to find him a job to go with it. With Prismall not playing VFL next year maybe Goodes might get his old club job back again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So fringe players. What rules stop a team playing a Griffen or a Dalhaus - minimum VFL game limit?

Couldn't actually hear the speeches at the ground. For some reason the sound system must not have been working properly.
Looked a good atmosphere down there. Did you journey down onto the ground? Also, what was that weird looking strip in the grass at etihad

No first stringers. We even had guys like Mitch Wallis, Fletcher Roberts and Clay Smith missing through injury who normally would have played

Other inexperienced AFL level players like Bontempelli, Stringer and Macrae weren't eligible.

Looked a good atmosphere down there. Did you journey down onto the ground? Also, what was that weird looking strip in the grass at etihad

The strip was from the Justin Timberlake concert earlier this week. And yeah, I totally went down. Was just a massive rush of people running out there.

You win VFL flags with seasoned players. If you are a seasoned player in the VFL, chances are you are not good enough to play AFL.

The Dogs good kids didn't play, as they played AFL all year. I'd be surprised if many of that team made the transition to AFL.

You win VFL flags with seasoned players. If you are a seasoned player in the VFL, chances are you are not good enough to play AFL.

The Dogs good kids didn't play, as they played AFL all year. I'd be surprised if many of that team made the transition to AFL.

Or perhaps we're happy to develop kids at our own pace instead of throwing them into the deep end. Just a possibility.

Think there was a concert at Etihad on Friday or Saturday night, looked ordinary. Got there 20 mins before kick off and missed the bounce because of the queues, but not paying $7.50 to print tickets to make Ticketek rich.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back