Certified Legendary Thread VFL Grand Final - Geelong Cats v Box Hill Hawks, 22 September 2013, 2.15pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

No he is not. Hallahan and Grimley are being left unsigned for trade purposes. The Hawks would like to keep both but also need collateral in trade dealings.

What about the goal where 199cm Grimley picks up the crumbs from the marking contest and feeds it to 204cm Lowden who charges in on his wrong foot and snaps the goal through. Hard to believe what we saw.

We move either of these 2 on next year we are completely stupid. Lowden kicks straight he wins BOG. Grimley has had a number of quarters in games this year kicking multiple goals where he has been the match winner for Box Hill and was very handy in his AFL games.

What about the goal where 199cm Grimley picks up the crumbs from the marking contest and feeds it to 204cm Lowden who charges in on his wrong foot and snaps the goal through. Hard to believe what we saw.

We move either of these 2 on next year we are completely stupid. Lowden kicks straight he wins BOG. Grimley has had a number of quarters in games this year kicking multiple goals where he has been the match winner for Box Hill and was very handy in his AFL games.
Hope I'm not out of line with this... :cool:
But can tell you Lowden was told had he kick straight he WOULD have been BOG internally .

Hope I'm not out of line with this... :cool:
But can tell you Lowden was told had he kick straight he WOULD have been BOG internally .
That is great news and hopefully gives him real confidence for 2014. Sky is the limit.

Chances of the hawks giving Xave Murphy a rookie spot? Thought he was unreal and just about close to BOG. Langford, Kelly and Hallahan very impressive as well.
Footy brain tough courageous but maybe not enough pace and not good enough kick but heart the size of phar lap. I thought the same thing 12 months ago Knows where to go to get it. Hope he gets a chance as you know will give everything. Tommy has carved an ok career at the top level and X has similar qualities.

Footy brain tough courageous but maybe not enough pace and not good enough kick but heart the size of phar lap. I thought the same thing 12 months ago Knows where to go to get it. Hope he gets a chance as you know will give everything. Tommy has carved an ok career at the top level and X has similar qualities.

Tough as nails, really smart decision maker by hand, his kicking does lack a little bit of penetration. Stoked for the bloke though as he battled injury through his under 18 years. Looks to be carving out a solid career at VFL level and you only have to look at a bloke like Sam Dwyer to show there is no doubt Xave could make it at the top level.

Loved watching the replay.litherland was excellent has some serious speed that run down in the last quarter.wangers the same was great what a turn around from this kid since moving down back.thought spanger BOG,congrats to DC & cam Bruce.well done boys

I can compare him with someone like Callinan for the crows. I reckon that he's certainly worth a speculative pick on some teams rookie list.

The question is, who is he competing against?

Future looks bright when all our kids play like that. Particularly excited about our mobile rucks, I can imagine Lowden being an asset in the AFL with his mobility and goalkicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

enjoyed the reply, thanks for the link. Gee Hallahan stood out to me, good skills, hard at it. Litherland will go ok on smaller forwards, not sure about the big fellas though. Hope Brand cones on next year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread VFL Grand Final - Geelong Cats v Box Hill Hawks, 22 September 2013, 2.15pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back