VFL VFL Round 10 v Footscray - Friday May 31 4:05 pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

We've got to remember, coming from U18 to VFL is a big step up also. Lets see where he is at end of the year, once he has more than a few games under him. And he did miss a fair bit of pre-season.
I agree. I'm just commenting on where he is at the moment. Jiath and even big Steene have shown they have that "something" even if only in brief moments. Steene's high marking and Jiath's silky movement and intercept marking are indicators that they may have something to offer at the highest level.

I think to many have an over inflated view of Demettia because he was technically our first pick. Fact his he went at 25 so the quality for instant impact isn’t there.

Yeah we might need to think of him as being on a similar development curve to Harrison.

Has physical traits including decent size and pace, and is dedicated to his craft, but winning a lot of his own ball is not happening for a while yet.

I agree. I'm just commenting on where he is at the moment. Jiath and even big Steene have shown they have that "something" even if only in brief moments. Steene's high marking and Jiath's silky movement and intercept marking are indicators that they may have something to offer at the highest level.
Yeah, I def get it. I think the last game he showed a bit. So think it'll be up and down for a bit as he does adjust to the level. Played mostly on the wing yesterday.

Proud of their effort given how many listed players we had.

TJ - 16 disposals, 5 tackles, 4 marks
Jakob Ryan - 13 disposals, 4 marks
Harry DeMattia - 13 disposals, 2 marks
Ed Allan (one half) - 12 disposals, 3 tackles, 2 clearances
Nathan Kreuger - 11 disposals, 3 goals, 8 marks, 4 tackles, 8 hitouts

VFL boys:

Ryan Sparkes - 30 disposals, 5 tackles, 6 clearances
Campbell Lane - 25 disposals, 10 marks
Harry Flynn - 22 Disposals, 6 marks
Cooper MacDonald - 2- disposals, 10 marks
Sam Glover - 19 disposals, 5 marks
Jonathon Tomasiello - 13 disposals, 6 tackles, 6 clearances
Chad Mulvogue - 13 disposals, 3 tackles
Harry Kennedy - 13 disposals, 6 tackles
Kaden Schrieber - 12 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles (1st game back in 12 month from his ACL)
Josh Mathey - 12 disposals, 4 tackles, 6 clearances
Ben Silvani - 10 disposals, 1 goal, 5 clearances, 2 tackles
Tom Wilson - 9 disposals, 4 marks, 5 tackles
Ben Crocker - 9 disposals, 1 goal, 3 tackles
Jedd Longmire - 8 disposals, 2 marks
Harry Mahoney - 7 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 goal

I never said you couldn’t. I said if you looked at things with a positive look, you’d cop less criticism. Anyway, the game is nearly on and we seem to be going around in circles. Hope you enjoy the game TD 👍

Was a Good Game - Played better then I thought we would

Nathan Kreuger did his chances of a senior recall no harm during Collingwood's 38-point loss to Footscray on Friday.Kreuger, who is yet to feature at AFL level this year, had 11 disposals, eight marks and kicked three goals at Marvel Stadium.

The injury-hit Magpies had just five AFL-listed players in action.Tew Jiath (16 disposals), Jakob Ryan (13) and Harry DeMattia (13) were also solid.A week after making his AFL debut, Ed Allan had 12 touches.

Nathan Kreuger did his chances of a senior recall no harm during Collingwood's 38-point loss to Footscray on Friday.Kreuger, who is yet to feature at AFL level this year, had 11 disposals, eight marks and kicked three goals at Marvel Stadium.

The injury-hit Magpies had just five AFL-listed players in action.Tew Jiath (16 disposals), Jakob Ryan (13) and Harry DeMattia (13) were also solid.A week after making his AFL debut, Ed Allan had 12 touches.

I missed the game Jen, were many marks contested?

Solid is an interesting way to put developing, underwhelming or poor performance (pick which words best describe the players). No mention of Allan being subbed out. Of course, the author doesn’t attend the match so it’s naturally dreadful.

Sorry to intrude, but just interested in how Ed Allan went for you guys in the VFL this week. Not trying to recruit him, he’s my cousin’s son so interested in how he is going, from your perspective

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude, but just interested in how Ed Allan went for you guys in the VFL this week. Not trying to recruit him, he’s my cousin’s son so interested in how he is going, from your perspective

He played well. Started to finally live up to the hype. Things have really started to click for him and I think he's benefitted from being a leader whilst the AFL boys have been out of the side. Continued improvement will come.

Had a good first half before they rested him as the carry over.
I think the afl game did him some good. Seemed to be moving better yesterday.

He played well. Started to finally live up to the hype. Things have really started to click for him and I think he's benefitted from being a leader whilst the AFL boys have been out of the side. Continued improvement will come.

Thanks for the update

I thought he was really good, backed his pace a couple of times and looked like an AFL player. It was the best Ive seen him play. He usually contributes but you always feel there is a higher ceiling than he demonstrates and I think he took a step towards that ceiling before being pulled.

Nothing wrong with trying to recruit the son of your inaugural captain either

Looks and plays like Robbie Hyde. (now there's one you'll have to look up)
Awesome pic

821-Robert_Hyde.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back