just wondering the thoughts, my team would be as follows

dowd, looby, r.eddy
stanley,drum,grigg
pendlebury,simpkin,ellis
ducsher,fraser,wormald,
driscoll,neagle,hansen

west,selwood,o,bryan

int-tyler,thomas,carlie,crook.

therer my thoughts, could have forgot a few names but yeah, thoughts would be good

Vic Country

Dowd Carlisle Looby
Ellis Drum Crook
Grigg Selwood Pendlebury
Stanley Hansen Weeks
Robert Eddy Neagle Simpkin

West O’Bryan Bowe

Bekker McGuane Dunne Josh Eddy

Emg Kenelley Fraser Wormald

Vic Metro

M. Thomas Clifton Douglas
Jones Spangher Bentley
White Bowes Anderson
Murphy R. Thomas Jackson
McKinley Dowler Phillips

Warnock Marcius Houli

Markovic Gordon Kelleher Cain

Emg Dickson Ainger Krakouer

Sezzac1 said:
Vic Country

Dowd Carlisle Looby
Ellis Drum Crook
Grigg Selwood Pendlebury
Stanley Hansen Weeks
Robert Eddy Neagle Simpkin

West O’Bryan Bowe

Bekker McGuane Dunne Josh Eddy

Emg Kenelley Fraser Wormald

Vic Metro

Jones Spangher Bentley
White Bowes Anderson
Murphy R. Thomas Jackson
McKinley Dowler Phillips

Warnock Marcius Houli

From Country...
I'd hate to see Drum play half back all carnival...I want to see him at least for a short time play elsewhere. But you have him in his spot in that team.

Liked Dowd in the backline the other day, same with Looby you're spot on with your call on his foot skills.

West in the ruck yep, and Selwood in the middle with Bowe.

From Metro...
What's going on here Sezzac? Spangher at CHB and Rees Thomas at CHF? Geez, I thought you disliked both of them?

Couldn't complain about Kelleher in defence the other day surely, could he get that spot ahead of Clifton?

Regardless of Dowler not doing a heap the other day, Metro looked decent with him down there in the forward line, Thomas at CHF and Philips at the feet of Dowler.

I'd consider Bentley up forward or in the midfield, not across half back.

Bowes, Houli, Marcuis a good on ball unit.

Not sure what they will do with McKinley, but yeah was good up forward for a quarter the other day.

As much as I like how he goes at the Jets, not sure if Brant Dickson will be in the 25, just seemed to be played out of his usual spot on Sunday and didnt get into it much (althought it was a terrible game the first one).

footyman said:
From Metro...
What's going on here Sezzac? Spangher at CHB and Rees Thomas at CHF? Geez, I thought you disliked both of them?

I'm only prepared to eat humble pie 7 or 8 times a year ;)

But look out if one or the other or both crash and burn in the Champs :eek: I'll be back to slash and burn. :p

good sumations boys...either way you look at it ...a VIC team WILL WIN again...my tip for what it is worth..Vic Country, better midfield depth, better rotation options, a little bit more class...

Sezzac1 said:
Vic Country

Vic Metro

Jones Spangher Bentley
White Bowes Anderson
Murphy R. Thomas Jackson
McKinley Dowler Phillips

Warnock Marcius Houli

Heard that Hayes is in and maybe Neaves depending on his comeback this week.
Adams will definately play for metro.

Sezzac1 said:
I'm only prepared to eat humble pie 7 or 8 times a year ;)

But look out if one or the other or both crash and burn in the Champs :eek: I'll be back to slash and burn. :p

As Sezzac knows I'm a big fan of Spangher and I will be gloating come the end of the year. But to be fair on Sezzac this kid was raw last year and I've seen an enormous improvement from when he was running around with Xavier last year and his progress through last years finals. Got touched up in a final against Calder but hit back to play a good PF and GF where he had few mates.

This year the insiders and Metro can't believe in the improvement in just the time he has been with them. He continues to have a great upside and look out if he gets invited to draft camp. I think Leigh Matthews said about Drummond on the weekend that he plays better with the Lions than the QAFL cos teammates use him better. I think that's what we saw on the weekend with Spangher, in a skillfull team, they'll switch and use his run off the backline more. You don't get that at Xavier and to some extent at Eastern.

Three bushrangers are definities for the Vic Country 25...Drum, Looby and Alipate Carlile...

Bekker and Martiniello are on the fringe and will need to perform this weekend for inclusion...

Footymad said:
Heard that Hayes is in and maybe Neaves depending on his comeback this week.
Adams will definately play for metro.

From what I here yep Hayes,Wall,in (Neaves, White in,but ?? )M.Thomas first emg,

Ricky Delphine missed out from Gippsland.
Still has next year though...
Vic Country has picked 28 - still 3 more to cut after this weekend's game against Nth Ballarat Reserves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

football365 said:
what about collins jock???
And what has happend with Prior, is he NSW/ACT???

No Collins, and it looks like Martiniello has missed out as well as he has been named in the Murray side to play Eastern on Saturday...

Prior is NSW/ACT...correct

Paper said:
Ricky Delphine missed out from Gippsland.
Still has next year though...
Vic Country has picked 28 - still 3 more to cut after this weekend's game against Nth Ballarat Reserves

Anyone know who is definitely in the 25?

The TAC Cup teams are out for this weekend. Players who are playing and were in the Country squad last weekend are:

Gippsland
Ricky Delphine

Geelong
Marcus Crook
Clint Bartram
Jacob McGuane

Murray
Brad Collins
James Martinello
Paul Kenelley

North Ballarat
Steve Clifton
Jake Dignan
Matt Tyler

Bendigo
Ben Duscher

By my calculations that leaves 30. Just a question of who are the emergencies now.

Marcus Crook to miss :eek: I have concerns about his kicking but thought his attack on the footy and the opponent with it would see him through.

Fraser before McGuane - you're dreamin Leon. I though you would want someone who competes, competes and competes some more. :confused:

You really don't rate Fraser do you Sezzac?
I think you should watch him play a few more games before you rule him out. His game against Oakley was very impressive. He made Dowler look very ordinary.

Sezzac1 said:
Marcus Crook to miss :eek: I have concerns about his kicking but thought his attack on the footy and the opponent with it would see him through.:

I suppose it came down to 2 positions for Dunne, O'Bryan and Crook to fight for.

Sezzac1 said:
Fraser before McGuane - you're dreamin Leon. I though you would want someone who competes, competes and competes some more.

Weeks, McGuane and Owen are probably too similar, particularly with Neagle in the goal square. Again probably 2 spots for the three of them.

I like Fraser. Can play at both ends which probably swings it for him at the selection table. Fraser can understudy the tall defenders and the tall forwards.

Paper said:
You really don't rate Fraser do you Sezzac?
I think you should watch him play a few more games before you rule him out. His game against Oakley was very impressive. He made Dowler look very ordinary.

I've seen Fraser 5 times and McGuane 9 times (includes the VC trial games) and one thing that stands out to me is that even when McG is having a poor game, possessions wise, he never stops trying to give 110%.

Weaver said:
I suppose it came down to 2 positions for Dunne, O'Bryan and Crook to fight for. QUOTE]

they didn;t want crook as an onballer thought he was to slow... just a backflanker and obioiusly they rate leishout and grigg ahead of him

'they didn’t want crook as an onballer thought he was to slow... '

I rated Crook's pace thought he breaks clear of traffic and looks damaging. As sezzac said his attack on the footy and the man is first rate. I didn’t think Leishout showed too much on Sunday in the trial was just too unaccountable and looked out of his depth. However his good defensive job on Dowler must have won some favour with the selectors.

On the Fraser V McGuane debate, they are just so similar it is scary both the same size, but for mine Fraser is more athletic got 14.6 on a beep test at last years state screening and has a tad more pace and acceleration however McGuane is the better of the two at second efforts and is more consistent. So I would go for Fraser ahead of McGuane.

Ragingbull said:
On the Fraser V McGuane debate, they are just so similar it is scary both the same size, but for mine Fraser is more athletic got 14.6 on a beep test at last years state screening and has a tad more pace and acceleration however McGuane is the better of the two at second efforts and is more consistent. So I would go for Fraser ahead of McGuane.

The old athletes vs footballers debate :)

RB.......Who would you want in the trenches with you in the last quarter in a tight game on a wet, muddy day. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

vic country team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back