Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously mate, you think 7 pay $2.5billion and then let the AFL tell them what to do?

No I think part of the agreement is that the AFL want a tv partner that will never ever criticise the brand.
They do a deal based on that.
Do you not listen to the commentary? Just terrible decisions in games that commentators used to once call out and now not a peep, in fact they find a way to agree with the AFL why it wasn’t a free kick.
Look at AFL 360, those two bozos look like they are reading off a scoot written for them by AFL house, in fact you can predict what they will say.
How do you not notice it?

No I think part of the agreement is that the AFL want a tv partner that will never ever criticise the brand.
Do you not listen to the commentary? Just terrible decisions in games that commentators used to once call out and now not a peep, in fact they find a way to agree with the AFL why it wasn’t a free kick.
Look at AFL 360, those two bozos look like they are reading off a scoot written for them by AFL house, in fact you can predict what they will say.
Like I said I don't watch footy on TV, is it the same on Fox?

On radio it's leans more toward the non-Vics.

BT can't go 5 minutes without complaining about umpires. You think the AFL enjoy that? You think the AFL are asking for that each week?

Extraordinary.

Mate, I very much doubt AFL have influence on both 7 and Fox.

I'm not a flat earther, it would be more, this is where the money is, so bend to the audience.

Maybe you’re right but they are so predictable. A sport that has had so many rule changes and not a peep from the media. I swear to god they could change the game to using a round ball tomorrow and the media will say it’s the right thing to do.
They never ask the hard questions when they interview AFL house.
I just think it’s all fake rubbish that didn’t happen 30 years ago.
Anyway it is what it is.

BT can't go 5 minutes without complaining about umpires. You think the AFL enjoy that? You think the AFL are asking for that each week?

Extraordinary.

You’re kidding aren’t you? It is sickening how he makes a case it was the right decision when it wasn’t.
Granted I don’t watch as much footy as I once did but BT is the definition of the Puppet AFL house love.

You’re kidding aren’t you? It is sickening how he makes a case it was the right decision when it wasn’t.
Granted I don’t watch as much footy as I once did but BT is the definition of the Puppet AFL house love.
Sounds like you haven't watched a game ever if you think all commentators are afl puppets.

How about when Gerard criticised the AFL and Melbourne for sending Petracca back out?

You call it abandoning the game, I call it abandoning Fitzroy. No excuses.
Sorry should've been clearer, I meant abandon the league not the game, many Roy fans went and followed where the Roys went. The vafa
No, the exodus of WAFL players was far greater when the Eagles entered.
Of course many of them went to wc
So again, the reason why Fitzroy and the WAFL lost support was because they became part of lower tier comps.
Not necessarily true, if the Pies were not part of this league and part of a lower league we'd all follow the club.

No conspiracy, it’s bloody blatant with regard to the media
So that's the chip on the shoulder is it? The media? Yeah nah, most non vic fans are pissed off with the league being vic centric.

They were pissed off before wc joined the expansion and they're still pissed off now. Media is one incy wincy little bit.

Seriously mate, you think 7 pay $2.5billion and then let the AFL tell them what to do?
Seriously mate, you think 7 pays $2.5billion and then tells everyone the product is shite?

The AFL don’t own the media, but they do influence them. For the smaller companies, they control access. For the bigger ones, they form partnerships where it’s in boths interests not to rock the boat.

This is completely separate to the issue of Vicbias.

So that's the chip on the shoulder is it? The media? Yeah nah, most non vic fans are pissed off with the league being vic centric.

They were pissed off before wc joined the expansion and they're still pissed off now. Media is one incy wincy little bit.
Nice rant. Changes nothing of what I’ve said.
All factual. And with out throwing a baby out of the bathwater like yourself.

Seriously mate, you think 7 pays $2.5billion and then tells everyone the product is shite?

The AFL don’t own the media, but they do influence them. For the smaller companies, they control access. For the bigger ones, they form partnerships where it’s in boths interests not to rock the boat.

This is completely separate to the issue of Vicbias.
We are talking about Vicbias, have you been reading?

I doubt very much the AFL tell the media they want them to favor the Vics in their commentary.

Actually I would bet they don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your position is literally if the choice is between disadvantaging a non-Victorian club or a Victorian club, you disadvantage the non-Victorian club. And also want to claim Vicbias isn’t a thing?

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff
What are you talking about?, non vic clubs are organically disadvantaged from the get go before they pull on the jumper because the league is an expanded vfl.

The only way to even it up is at the detriment of vic clubs, this has been explained eleventy gazillion times, and that ain't gonna happen because

A/ Whichever clubs are chosen to be at detriment, their at worst 100k fans won't accept it, so HQ won't, and it not up to HQ anyways, as has been explained eleventy gazillion times.

B/ Those clubs are foundation clubs who were here first, before any non vic club. So there's no reason those clubs and their fans should accept detriment at the behest of fans of franchise clubs fabricated to participate in this league. No, phuq off.

Thought that was obvious and has been explained eleventy gazillion times in this thread.

Also, the bulk of vic fans will concede that the league is indeed in their favour, call it bias, call it what you will.

What it ISN'T is a deliberate conspiracy against non vic clubs and their fans, which sooks on these boards (and others) spruik that it is.

What this league is a fact of life, like I've said eleventy gazillion times if you don't like it you can vote with your feet and remotes.

Nice rant. Changes nothing of what I’ve said.
All factual. And with out throwing a baby out of the bathwater like yourself.
Rant? Your reading of minds from behind a keyboard has failed you - badly.

What you've claimed is that the media is the cause of all the ranting from non vics (that's the impression you gave in the post I replied to)

Ok, so the media is vic bias, but if you think that's the only thing that non vic fans are pissed about then you haven't been paying attention.

If that’s true, then how could anyone deny Vic bias? If it’s still the VFL, then bias is baked into the foundation. I mean, come on, the AFL commission is just the VFL commission renamed. Of course they’re going to be biased. Most of these people and their families support Vic clubs.
In other news water is wet.

Rant? Your reading of minds from behind a keyboard has failed you - badly.
It was a rant compared to what you were replying too.
What you've claimed is that the media is the cause of all the ranting from non vics (that's the impression you gave in the post I replied to)
I didnt say it was the cause of all the ranting.
Literally said “in regards to the media”.
Ok, so the media is vic bias, but if you think that's the only thing that non vic fans are pissed about then you haven't been paying attention.
Once again, I said “in regards to the media”.

I mean great you’re smashed over the Pies win, I’m pretty happy with the Giants win, but let’s not make shit up.

Last edited:
It was a rant compared to what you were replying too.
I never ranted in reply to you, that's your incorrect interpretation.
I didnt say it was the cause of all the ranting.
Literally said “in regards to the media”.
Well you gave the impression that the media is the bane of non vic fans, agreed it is, but like I said a teeny weeny incy little bit.

The bulk of the lament is that the comp is centred in vic.
I mean great you’re smashed over the Pies win, I’m pretty happy with the Giants win, but let’s not make shit up.
Smashed? What are you talking about? Make sh*t up? What are you talking about?

I never ranted in reply to you, that's your incorrect interpretation.

Well you gave the impression that the media is the bane of non vic fans, agreed it is, but like I said a teeny weeny incy little bit.

The bulk of the lament is that the comp is centred in vic.

Smashed? What are you talking about? Make sh*t up? What are you talking about?

Edit. Actually I won’t bother.
You’re just trolling now and I’m enjoying a win.
Flog.

It goes without saying that if you're selling a brand and making a lot of money from selling it, you're going to promote that brand. However it doesn't mean that brand owns or controls you. they don't.

How can you not see that the AFL goes into damage control so often because they aren't in control of the media.

Last edited:
I don't usually get involved in this discussion, nor do I feel very strongly about it, but there may be a point if you're considering this weekends fixture.

How in the hell is Melbourne vs North Melbourne the prime time Saturday night game with GWS vs Sydney and Port vs Brisbane hidden earlier in the day behind a paywall?

Was a 90 point belting last time they met on a Saturday night.

I don't usually get involved in this discussion, nor do I feel very strongly about it, but there may be a point if you're considering this weekends fixture.

How in the hell is Melbourne vs North Melbourne the prime time Saturday night game with GWS vs Sydney and Port vs Brisbane hidden earlier in the day behind a paywall?

Was a 90 point belting last time they met on a Saturday night.

I would think over 90% of nationally broad cast feature at least one Vic team, and over 50% feature two Vic teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back