Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting how other sports don't complain about travel. I've never heard of Melbourne Storm complaining or the Warriors who played a season away from NZ.

Storm can spend 2 weeks on the road and have a camp and keep winning.
Yep, and I am sure if your team had to leave the state 11 times they would not complain at all.

Then go back to it and leave our league to its foundation clubs.

So bitter. Clearly nostalgic for Wren, Lapband Eddie and no Aboriginal players at Vic Park.

It's interesting how other sports don't complain about travel. I've never heard of Melbourne Storm complaining or the Warriors who played a season away from NZ.

Nor do they complain about the Grand Final being played in the same stadium each year. Nor do they carry on about free kicks every single week. Many AFL fans have been overcome by victim culture. West Coast and Sydney fans are the funniest - they're the successful middle class white guys believing that they're the victims of reverse racism.

Last edited:
Hawks left the state 11 times in 2015 and I don't recall any complaints.
Yeah because your club sold home games to Tasmania, which tacked on another flight for WA clubs as a direct flight from Perth couldn’t be guaranteed. Did Collingwood ever make the trip down to Tassie to play the hawks?

Yeah because your club sold home games to Tasmania, which tacked on another flight for WA clubs as a direct flight from Perth couldn’t be guaranteed. Did Collingwood ever make the trip down to Tassie to play the hawks?
WA teams have been getting direct flights to Tassie for 20 years. It was only the first 2 years they had an extra flight.

Hawks left the state 11 times in 2015 and I don't recall any complaints.
You went to Tassie, FMD, you can swim there. Besides the fact I was aiming that at a Collingwood supporter , not you.
You do realise that was 8 years ago and Interstate teams DO IT EVERY YEAR.
Gods sakes Vic's are full of their own importance.

Do you know how many fans they have? West coast could lose two thirds of its fans and it would still get massive crowds.

Western australia needs another team. 10 teams in vic and only 2 in wa doesnt match population statistics.
Just get rid of the dead weight Vic clubs like North and Saints, a smaller league would be much better.

WA teams have been getting direct flights to Tassie for 20 years. It was only the first 2 years they had an extra flight.
Good step past of the point.

When are you guys going to play Essendon or another larger vic club down there?

Or if you wanted to be in Tassie make a Tasdie Derby and play NM down there each year and vice versa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it's not, it's an expanded vfl.

The fan didn't ask for this expansion, you have choice to follow your club in another league, we don't.

The fan doesn't have choice to 'make a vfl', we already have it, it's expanded. Our clubs are already in it, and it's already lost two vic clubs to make the expansion.

We were in this league first, if you don't like it then make your feelings felt, vote with your feet and remotes, instead bitching and moaning on here advocating for detriment to foundation to make it fair for a smaller market. No phuq off.
Why should Vic fans sook, because "you were here first"?

You should like a toddler having a tantrum, after being given chocolates for a year and now having to share because you have a baby brother or sister.

"No it's mine"
"I was here first"
"Go away"
"I hate you"

That is exactly what your post is saying.

Your club sold your right to a state VFL away for our money. Bitch to them, not to us. If you don't like it, ask your club to move to a VFL comp.

It's 2024. Your 'foundation' league no longer exists.

Not would it have, if non-Vic clubs didn't join it.

You're welcome.
It's 2024 and all but 2 of the foundation clubs are still.

And this league is the foundation league your club competes in.

Our clubs don't want it changed anymore. We were here first.

You can either accept it or phuq off

Good step past of the point.

When are you guys going to play Essendon or another larger vic club down there?

Or if you wanted to be in Tassie make a Tasdie Derby and play NM down there each year and vice versa
We have played North at Launceston the last 2 years. The whole idea of Tassie is to play the low crowd drawing games there that would be financially marginal at the more expensive Melbourne stadiums. This typically means we play non Vic and poorly performing/low support Vic sides.

I suggested they travel eight times and the complaining began immediately.

I wasn't complaining. I actually just said it won't happen. The issue isn't travelling 8 times - who cares. The issue is that your plan would result in most Vic teams never getting a home game against the big Vic teams. Plus relevant stake holders wouldn't like it as it would create more low audience games.

Believe it or not, none of the key stakeholders prioritise WA team travel over economics - not even WCE and Freo, as seen by them not wanting a third WA team. Ideas that only consider travel, are myopic and just not relevant.

Vic Park was the home of racist supporters and it carried on afterwards from your former president down.
The "home"

Oh my you really want to hurt my feelings don't you.

So when your supporters booed Goodes after being told it was racist, that's ok is it?

You see, there are DH's in every club, by the looks of your posting, trying to get under peoples skin, you just might be one from Freo.

I think a few reasons:

A) No WA team who seem to feel they are the most persecuted people in human history

B) Not enough people give a shit about the storm in Melbourne.

C) It is less of a national competition with no games in WA or SA or NT or Tassie, where the AFL has games every year.

I wasn't complaining. I actually just said it won't happen. The issue isn't travelling 8 times - who cares. The issue is that your plan would result in most Vic teams never getting a home game against the big Vic teams. Plus relevant stake holders wouldn't like it as it would create more low audience games.

Believe it or not, none of the key stakeholders prioritise WA team travel over economics - not even WCE and Freo, as seen by them not wanting a third WA team. Ideas that only consider travel, are myopic and just not relevant.
The economics support Collingwood playing West Coast and Freo away where they get 50,000 plus as opposed to at Marvel where they get less than 40,000. This also applies to Pies away games against the likes of North and Saints. So why do the economic priorities apply more to Victorian teams than non-Victorian teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back