Vince McMahon steps down from TKO amid allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished the Doco.

Watched the first 3 eps then the next 3 over 2 nights.

Can't say I learned anything new.

Couple of observations which were interesting.

• The relationship between Shane and Vince.

I'm really amazed how different Shane comes off compared to Vince. Everything I've heard from shoot interviews like Cornette say the same thing. Vince apparently even told Shane to his face he wished his mother never gave birth to him.

Shane is basically the polar opposite of this monster.

That's probably why Vince seems to resent him somewhat - probably thought Shane would turn into him, like he turned into his father.

The average person might say "Oh oh course he would love him, they are family!" - but if you have experienced it with toxic family dynamics such as narcissistic parents, then you know how awful it gets.

Finished the Doco.

Watched the first 3 eps then the next 3 over 2 nights.

Can't say I learned anything new.

Couple of observations which were interesting.

• The relationship between Shane and Vince.
  • McMahon thinking he is nothing like the character.
  • Vince on CTE.
  • Still didn't get the answer in regards to who suggested the screwjob to Vince.
  • Bret thinking they could have murdered Owen and forgiving Vince.

If they had 100 hours of footage and that's the best they could come up with then wow.

Last thing, special mention to Bruce Prichard who always cops crap, he doesn't need to stay loyal to Vince any more and continues to do so.

Hasn't forgotten what Vince did for him which I can respect.
Pritchard will always be Vince's simp. It's in his blood at this point.

Respecting someone for staying loyal to a complete monster in spite of everything is a take.

He is talked up as being a suck.

He doesn't need Vince, I expected him to be a fence sitter in this Doco.

He is talked up as being a suck.

He doesn't need Vince, I expected him to be a fence sitter in this Doco.

Vince was only dead and buried once the Janel Grant lawsuit went public. All of the interviews took place before then, so everyone interviewed was doing so with Vince still in power.

--

The fact that Vince is putting this out makes me even more interested in the Netflix series.

He no likey what he saw.

Yes they did get confused by the Vince persona and the Mr McMahon persona because it was so blurred

Psychology students could get Honours Degrees by profiling this series its so dark and complex

My wrestling era was early 70s at Thebarton Town Hall to WWF and into the early 90s when life happened. I jumped back in for about 8 years through the Cena/Angle/Eddie and Benoit years before tuning out again

I thought it was a fascinating study of the man ' its business ' and his family. Yes it does pivot and quite rightly as well. Vince had spent so much time hiding his secrets that he expected everyone to go along - and most of the interviewed wrestlers do .

I thought it was a fascinating insight into the deeper psyche of VKM

I'm really amazed how different Shane comes off compared to Vince. Everything I've heard from shoot interviews like Cornette say the same thing. Vince apparently even told Shane to his face he wished his mother never gave birth to him.

Shane is basically the polar opposite of this monster.

That's probably why Vince seems to resent him somewhat - probably thought Shane would turn into him, like he turned into his father.

The average person might say "Oh oh course he would love him, they are family!" - but if you have experienced it with toxic family dynamics such as narcissistic parents, then you know how awful it gets.

Vince I feel just never accepted Shane maybe thought he was soft to nice.

The Doco plays into this a little bit.

Vince saying that Shane can take credit for the UFC etc was very interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vince McMahon steps down from TKO amid allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back