Vince McMahon steps down from TKO amid allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished the Doco.

Watched the first 3 eps then the next 3 over 2 nights.

Can't say I learned anything new.

Couple of observations which were interesting.

• The relationship between Shane and Vince.

I'm really amazed how different Shane comes off compared to Vince. Everything I've heard from shoot interviews like Cornette say the same thing. Vince apparently even told Shane to his face he wished his mother never gave birth to him.

Shane is basically the polar opposite of this monster.

That's probably why Vince seems to resent him somewhat - probably thought Shane would turn into him, like he turned into his father.

The average person might say "Oh oh course he would love him, they are family!" - but if you have experienced it with toxic family dynamics such as narcissistic parents, then you know how awful it gets.

Finished the Doco.

Watched the first 3 eps then the next 3 over 2 nights.

Can't say I learned anything new.

Couple of observations which were interesting.

• The relationship between Shane and Vince.
  • McMahon thinking he is nothing like the character.
  • Vince on CTE.
  • Still didn't get the answer in regards to who suggested the screwjob to Vince.
  • Bret thinking they could have murdered Owen and forgiving Vince.

If they had 100 hours of footage and that's the best they could come up with then wow.

Last thing, special mention to Bruce Prichard who always cops crap, he doesn't need to stay loyal to Vince any more and continues to do so.

Hasn't forgotten what Vince did for him which I can respect.
Pritchard will always be Vince's simp. It's in his blood at this point.

Respecting someone for staying loyal to a complete monster in spite of everything is a take.

He is talked up as being a suck.

He doesn't need Vince, I expected him to be a fence sitter in this Doco.

He is talked up as being a suck.

He doesn't need Vince, I expected him to be a fence sitter in this Doco.

Vince was only dead and buried once the Janel Grant lawsuit went public. All of the interviews took place before then, so everyone interviewed was doing so with Vince still in power.

--

The fact that Vince is putting this out makes me even more interested in the Netflix series.

He no likey what he saw.

Yes they did get confused by the Vince persona and the Mr McMahon persona because it was so blurred

Psychology students could get Honours Degrees by profiling this series its so dark and complex

My wrestling era was early 70s at Thebarton Town Hall to WWF and into the early 90s when life happened. I jumped back in for about 8 years through the Cena/Angle/Eddie and Benoit years before tuning out again

I thought it was a fascinating study of the man ' its business ' and his family. Yes it does pivot and quite rightly as well. Vince had spent so much time hiding his secrets that he expected everyone to go along - and most of the interviewed wrestlers do .

I thought it was a fascinating insight into the deeper psyche of VKM

I'm really amazed how different Shane comes off compared to Vince. Everything I've heard from shoot interviews like Cornette say the same thing. Vince apparently even told Shane to his face he wished his mother never gave birth to him.

Shane is basically the polar opposite of this monster.

That's probably why Vince seems to resent him somewhat - probably thought Shane would turn into him, like he turned into his father.

The average person might say "Oh oh course he would love him, they are family!" - but if you have experienced it with toxic family dynamics such as narcissistic parents, then you know how awful it gets.

Vince I feel just never accepted Shane maybe thought he was soft to nice.

The Doco plays into this a little bit.

Vince saying that Shane can take credit for the UFC etc was very interesting.

Binged all 6 episodes with the missus tonight.

Overall pretty disappointing IMO. They didn't go into much detail on the allegation stuff that hasn't already been covered. Get that this is for the non wrestling crowd, but 3/4 is high level stuff covering the wrestling events such as the early Manias, Hogan to WCW and Montreal Screwjob. From a documentary standpoint, you think they would have tried to dig a bit harder on his early life.

The only thing to come out of it for me was Vince really is cut from the same cloth as Trump - detached from reality, no self awareness and think the rules of society don't apply. Then cry foul when the get their own medicine.

His reaction to Owen and continuation of Over the Edge 1999 PPV, and the nixed Vince impregnating Stephanie angle was nothing short of disgusting.

Also disappointed on his still held views on CTE (and Stone Cold for that matter) especially when the sporting world generally is way behind on that front. (Pro wrestling, AFL and the NFL in particular) glad they had Nowinski on.

Surprised both by the volume of Meltzer in it, and also by how balanced he was.

I didn't expect that my views on the Attitude Era changed, which I've mostly remembered with rose coloured glasses as a teen at the time, now being in my 40s - makes me shake my head - a lot more iffy stuff than I had remembered. It's not as bad now, but I wish the industry across the board didn't feel the need to push the envelope as much as it still does, despite the volume of talent that's in it.

Not sure he can complain about things being taken out of context. Lot of stuff from his own mouth clear as day.

At least it was a documentary about WWE that wasn't overly selective for once, and at least shone a light on shit behaviour that shouldn't happen in any workplace ever.

But yeah, as a documentary was pretty average. Didn't need six hours to get the point across they were trying to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Vince McMahon steps down from TKO amid allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back