Mod. Notice Vitriolic language

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

Just a gentle reminder that we all support the Bulldogs on this board. As such, I hope you will all agree that vitriolic, abusive language directed towards any coaching staff member, player, or BigFooty member should not be tolerated.

Using this social media forum is a benefit and privilege which imposes upon us the requirement that we follow the site rules and abide by the moderation of the forum by the appointed moderators.

Go well and go in peace, my friends.

Mutt

Last edited:
Hi all

Just a gentle reminder that we all support the Bulldogs on this board. As such, I hope you will all agree that vitriolic, abusive language directed towards any coaching staff member, player, or BIgFooty member should not be tolerated.

Using this social media forum is a benefit and privilege which imposes upon us the requirement that we follow the site rules and abide by the moderation of the forum by the appointed moderators.

Mutt

I responded to a very ordinary and vitriolic post this morning. Apologies, I should have just ignored it but I thought it needed to be called out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I responded to a very ordinary and vitriolic post this morning. Apologies, I should have just ignored it but I thought it needed to be called out.

No worries, Hobdog. Rather than quote and respond to an inappropriate post, if you report the post, the mods will attend to it reasonably quickly on most occasions. If you quote the offensive post, we will need to remove the offending post and also your post when we do the cleanup. That's our general practice.

No worries, Hobdog. Rather than quote and respond to an inappropriate post, if you report the post, the mods will attend to it reasonably quickly on most occasions. If you quote the offensive post, we will need to remove the offending post and also your post when we do the cleanup. That's our general practice.

Too easy, mate

Hi all

Just a gentle reminder that we all support the Bulldogs on this board. As such, I hope you will all agree that vitriolic, abusive language directed towards any coaching staff member, player, or BIgFooty member should not be tolerated.

Mutt
To bad the club doesn't take the same approach to their social media content.

"This (insert name) player is shit", "Coach is effing useless", "x player should have been dropped this week, he is useless" (despite said player having a good game, because he is my whipping boy and whipping boys are always crap, and I am to blinded by my dislike to ever acknowledge good things, and will bash them weekly) And that is just the soft stuff. Have seen comments mocking players mental health issues and so forth. I used to moderate COD servers, and you got kicked or banned for less, than some of the stuff I have seen posted on Bulldogs ran content.

Takes only one second to delete a comment as a mod. AFL and Clubs talk the talk, but only seem to act when an incident hits the media, and ban a fan or two. There is a line between being passionate after a loss, mentioning individuals form, in game mistakes etc. And a direct attack on an individual with over the top words or putting one down.

Last edited:
To bad the club doesn't take the same approach to their social media content.

"This (insert name) player is s**t", "Coach is effing useless", "x player should have been dropped this week, he is useless" (despite said player having a good game, because he is my whipping boy and whipping boys are always crap, and I am to blinded by my dislike to ever acknowledge good things, and will bash them weekly) And that is just the soft stuff. Have seen comments mocking players mental health issues and so forth. I used to moderate COD servers, and you got kicked or banned for less, than some of the stuff I have seen posted on Bulldogs ran content.

Takes only one second to delete a comment as a mod. AFL and Clubs talk the talk, but only seem to act when an incident hits the media, and ban a fan or two. There is a line between being passionate after a loss, mentioning individuals form, in game mistakes etc. And a direct attack on an individual with over the top words or putting one down.
Given media companies are held liable for comments on their sites are the clubs also responsible for comments on their social media pages?

Disappointing to hear that this is occurring. Social media can be such a depressing place

Given media companies are held liable for comments on their sites are the clubs also responsible for comments on their social media pages?

Disappointing to hear that this is occurring. Social media can be such a depressing place
FB uses bots to "detect" breaches, and often sees people banned for something they never ever posted or said. I reported a comment saying "I like seeing pictures of African kids starving, means another less N word in this world". I reported under the assumption a human being would look at it. Funny enough I got a message back saying the comment was not removed as it does not violate our policies.

Yet I got a temporary ban for saying "Nothing will ever change with school shootings, as America has a cultural problem. And to many Americans only think of themselves. Never seen a bunch or more selfish, arrogant, narcissistic and self centered people" Or something along those lines. Because you're not allowed to mock or stereotype a whole group. A friend got perma banned for posting nudity, when they had not uploaded a single thing for two years, and there was not even a shirtless pic on their profile.

So yeah, given how cheap and useless billion dollar companies are, especially dealing with bullying and toxic content. And how even twitter itself is now a free for all, with racists and conspiracy nuts now getting paid directly by twitter to expand their content. I would not hold my breath on those companies doing their job properly at all, to combat bullying or toxic behavior.

Given it is the Bulldogs own page, I think the moderating is still down to to the clubs social media team regardless what platform it is on. Since they run the pages themselves.

Social media is pretty depressing these days. Especially these last few years where everyone is just now angry and attack one another. Which is why I have blocked every news page (can't deal with boomers bitching about everything), most American pages because it always turns into a red and blue political debate despite unrelated topics, never ever watch the news on tv or read papers as its most sensationalised crap these days. You're not missing out on anything doing that.

Last edited:
no other sport is so precious to critisism than afl
here in europe the clubs even the big ones are answerable to the fan base
we the fans are the reason there is a club
we the fans are the reason there are tv rights
we the fans are the reason there is pro sport
and we the fans are the reason teams sack coaches or dump players
because here in europe we are not cuckolded by associations or leagues or club boards
here in europe we understand that these young men are making extreem amounts of money to run around and chase a ball
money we are paying, simply for our entertainment.
money we could spend on our children education, our mortgages or for food on the table
so next time you ban someone for what you believe is offensive
the only thing you are doing is oppressing those who allow the club to exist.

Ps i just caught a 5kg greek snapper of the coast of Kea in the cycladic grp of islands, and im still pissed at bevo

because here in europe we are not cuckolded by associations or leagues or club boards
here in europe we understand that these young men are making extreem amounts of money to run around and chase a ball
money we could spend on our children education, our mortgages or for food on the table

Ps i just caught a 5kg greek snapper of the coast of Kea in the cycladic grp of islands, and im still pissed at bevo
Surely we can do that without personal attacks and threats (other social platforms).
I'd hate for the afl to follow Europe in this aspect, were already bad enough.
Criticism ok- personal attacks not so.

Yet I got a temporary ban for saying "Nothing will ever change with school shootings, as America has a cultural problem. And to many Americans only think of themselves. Never seen a bunch or more selfish, arrogant, narcissistic and self centered people" Or something along those lines. Because you're not allowed to mock or stereotype a whole group. A friend got perma banned for posting nudity, when they had not uploaded a single thing for two years, and there was not even a shirtless pic on their profile.
You received your ban for using "to" instead of "too". Or at least that would have been the reason if I was the moderator/bot :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly has your diatribe of nonsense got to do with the subject at hand?

It's absolutely laughable if you think that the Billionaires, Hedge funds, Oligarchs, Middle Eastern sheiks and Chinese interests who own many of the big European football clubs give anything but lip service to its 'fans.' They see the fans as loyal cash cows to be milked at every opportunity and their clubs are merely convenient cover for their tax dodging and money laundering operations. We're talking about the same fans who are notorious for their racist hooligan 'firms' and vilification of anybody from the African continent or descent. I guess those guys should just suck up everything coming their way including the bananas that get thrown at them, because the fans pay their wages and are the true guardians of the game and are cuckolded by no administrators of the game. A game that wouldn't be so pure or exist without them and all their manly fighting against the man.

Supporters who think their relationship with a club is a one way street and that success should be guaranteed, because they choose to follow or put money into a club. Really should get some perspective on life. Or do something else with their time and money. Perhaps they should go fishing more.

It's absolutely laughable if you think that the Billionaires, Hedge funds, Oligarchs, Middle Eastern sheiks and Chinese interests...

which one of these owns the wbfc norm? Must have missed that Thought we were structured differently with democratic processes and responsibility to the members.

You want to play it safe, not rock the boat, tow the party line, thats your right. To insinuate im a racist who throws bananas at people is also your right. Funny though when someone wants to express their right you're all huffy puffy. Of course I get it norm we all have opinions to express as long as they are yours. As for the rubbish about hooligans and manly fighting - would have been more convincing if you threw in .. those dirty wogs in europe... but of course you would never dare.

Nothing wrong with expressing our frustration at the coaching methods. I think a lot of us are really frustrated at the poor coaching we have seen since the gf in 2021 and the period between 2016-2021. We belong to a club with little success and want to become a feared club. so we have to be critical at every level, of course with respect. but we have to call out mediocrity and incompetence. atm moment our team and its coaching staff are mediocre. nothing wrong with calling that out. we do that with our politicians, not sure why it is an issue with saying that bevo has been a spud of a coach in the last two years. he has to improve (change) or a new coach comes in. in other codes if the team does not perform, the first head to fall is that of the coach, in afl coaches stay for too long. i think bevo looks like he has been at the helm for too long. still i hope we win the flag this year, but if we do not finish top 4, bevo has to go. he has been around the kennel for too long and new ideas are needed. my humble opinion!

It's absolutely laughable if you think that the Billionaires, Hedge funds, Oligarchs, Middle Eastern sheiks and Chinese interests...

which one of these owns the wbfc norm? Must have missed that Thought we were structured differently with democratic processes and responsibility to the members

None. It's what to this point in time sets our game apart from its European counterparts. Thanks for reinforcing my point thought.

It's also why I dont care for being lectured about how things are better "here in Europe."
You want to play it safe, not rock the boat, tow the party line, thats your right. To insinuate im a racist who throws bananas at people is also your right. Funny though when someone wants to express their right you're all huffy puffy. Of course I get it norm we all have opinions to express as long as they are yours. As for the rubbish about hooligans and manly fighting - would have been more convincing if you threw in .. those dirty wogs in europe... but of course you would never dare.

I always find it amusing when people resort to claims that their views are somehow being suppressed on an open message board anytime they are challenged. You have the right to say whatever you like. Just as I have the right to do the same and run the counter argument. This place is supposed to be for an exchange of idea, not an echo chamber where you moan about your free speech being impinged.

You're the one that used the collective we in your diatribe not me. So, I also used the collective when talking about the wider issues to be found in European sports. Football in particular. If you want to project them onto yourself or you think I had that racial slur in my mind when I wrote my reply then I would suggest thats on you.

FB uses bots to "detect" breaches, and often sees people banned for something they never ever posted or said. I reported a comment saying "I like seeing pictures of African kids starving, means another less N word in this world". I reported under the assumption a human being would look at it. Funny enough I got a message back saying the comment was not removed as it does not violate our policies.

So yeah, given how cheap and useless billion dollar companies are, especially dealing with bullying and toxic content. And how even twitter itself is now a free for all, with racists and conspiracy nuts now getting paid directly by twitter to expand their content. I would not hold my breath on those companies doing their job properly at all, to combat bullying or toxic behavior.

Given it is the Bulldogs own page, I think the moderating is still down to to the clubs social media team regardless what platform it is on. Since they run the pages themselves.

Social media is pretty depressing these days. Especially these last few years where everyone is just now angry and attack one another. Which is why I have blocked every news page (can't deal with boomers bitching about everything), most American pages because it always turns into a red and blue political debate despite unrelated topics, never ever watch the news on tv or read papers as its most sensationalised crap these days. You're not missing out on anything doing that.
Darn, agreed with everything until you went with the ageist Boomer word*. Good job otherwise :)

* Not that I'm complaining, no!

1689465800654.jpeg

Last edited:
None. It's what to this point in time sets our game apart from its European counterparts. Thanks for reinforcing my point thought.

It's also why I dont care for being lectured about how things are better "here in Europe."

I always find it amusing when people resort to claims that their views are somehow being suppressed on an open message board anytime they are challenged. You have the right to say whatever you like. Just as I have the right to do the same and run the counter argument. This place is supposed to be for an exchange of idea, not an echo chamber where you moan about your free speech being impinged.

You're the one that used the collective we in your diatribe not me. So, I also used the collective when talking about the wider issues to be found in European sports. Football in particular. If you want to project them onto yourself or you think I had that racial slur in my mind when I wrote my reply then I would suggest thats on you.

Nice measured reply Norm.

Frankly, some people should stick to fishing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back