Jones, Archer, Rawlings did great aswell

Mcintosh and Gibson had really good games aswell

:thumbsu:

3 - Simpson
2 - Harris
1 - Jones

Loved Wellsy's goals
Very much enjoyed Thurley's game.
Great game Haimsh - laids was genuinely excited.
Big fan of Pratt.
Great debut Gibbo.
Rawlings very good in first half.

3 Simpson 30 poss, really led the team after half time when they came at us
2 Harris 21 poss, 8 tackles, all class in and under, what a great game
1 Jones one o fhis best tonight, 18 poss, 6 marks, 2 goals worked hard

Apoligies: Wells, Gibson, Harvey

3. Simpson
2. Harris (if he started on the ground, we would've won by 10+ goals)
1. Thurley (for the spark and game breaking play in the 3rd when the heat was on)

Apologies to McIntosh, Wells, Jones.

Funkyzeit mit Matt said:
Am I the only who thought Wells' game is being completely overated> Sure he got 4, but 2 of them were gimmes, and he failed to capitalise on a couple of half chances around goal. Then he had a couple of monstrous turnovers in the last quarter.

i agree sort of, but did as much as Davey has done to be declared a superstar.

3 -Harris
2 -Simpson
1 -Wells

Honorable mentions to Gibson, Mcintosh, Jones, Thurley, Harvey, Harding Rawlings & Pratt.

Extra special mention to Kasey Green who totally shut down the dangerous Stuart Dew.

Don't let any crap about the umpiring deter anyone, we were at least a 5 goal better side.

Funkyzeit mit Matt said:
Am I the only who thought Wells' game is being completely overated> Sure he got 4, but 2 of them were gimmes, and he failed to capitalise on a couple of half chances around goal. Then he had a couple of monstrous turnovers in the last quarter.
I actually agree with you. Compared to what he is capable of he was ordinary, but the thing is when he does have to do something he does it better than anyone else on the ground. But no, i didnt think he was our best. Far from it actually.

3 - Harris. Turned the game when we looked shyte and defined what engine room means.

2 - Simpson. Still has the disposal of a special olympian, but we have few who are more courageous or harder at it when we need him to be.

1 - Gibson. looked like a 100 game veteran. So composed, looked genuinly classy and competed superbly.

Loved Turtle's game too. Big fan of Thurley's effort too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 Simpson was hard at it all night and kept getting the pill

2 Harris was outstanding in and under packs and must now be one of the AFL's best clearance players.

1 Jones had a great game across half forward and was all class with his possesions.

Also loved Grants 2nd half.
Wells stuffs up a lot but did create when he was forced forward after being carved up by Kane Cornes early.
Green did a top job on Dew.
Gibson had a top 1st half.
A lot to like about McIntosh.

Overall a pretty good contribution from most players.

What does Wells need to do?

You guys underrate him, without him kicking those goals, we would have lost and by heaps.

When Wells kicked that early goal from outside 50, it brought us back into the game and gave us some confidence
Then he kicked 2 in a row and things turned around quickly

Brilliant game from him, in my opinion was Man of the Match just over a few others

F/D said:
What does Wells need to do?

You guys underrate him, without him kicking those goals, we would have lost and by heaps.

Kangas supporters underrate Wells?

That's a first.

Without Simmo or Harro we would have been much worse off.

Kangas_Div said:
When Wells kicked that early goal from outside 50, it brought us back into the game and gave us some confidence
Then he kicked 2 in a row and things turned around quickly

Brilliant game from him, in my opinion was Man of the Match just over a few others
Man of the match?? You think he played better then Kane Cornes? The only reason Wells went forward was because his direct opponent Kane Cornes was dominating and Wells couldn't get a touch. JYD made a great move and Wells then got into the match with a few goals. I thought he played pretty well as the game went on but a lot of his kicks go to the feet of players such as Thompson giving them no chance. He also turns the ball over a lot. He was still in our best half a dozen though and the 4 goals did give us a huge lift as we didn't really have a dominant tall forward.

The Zebra said:
Kangas supporters underrate Wells?

That's a first.

Without Simmo or Harro we would have been much worse off.
People have said Simmo wasted alot of the ball.....but he got 3 votes?

Yet most people are saying Wells wasted some possies and he didnt get a vote while lifted us with scoreboard pressure at the right moment (again)?

Wells > * :cool:

F/D said:
People have said Simmo wasted alot of the ball.....but he got 3 votes?

Yet most people are saying Wells wasted some possies and he didnt get a vote while lifted us with scoreboard pressure at the right moment (again)?

Wells > * :cool:

Simmo didn't waste possession. Turned 50/50 possession into Kangas possession. His kick may looked ugly, but the man is a ********ing gun. if anyone is underrated on this board, it is Simpson.

Wells showed some great class. I love him more than a man should. his goal from 50 was effortless, but he was in a lucky position for a couple of goals and just didn;t have the impact of Harris and Simpson. Simple.

Still kicked four and one our our best - but not in the best three.

3. Daniel Harris - when he came on in the first quarter he turned around the flow of the centre clearances.

2. Adam Simpson - a great captains game. Worked hard back in defence and through the middle

1. Josh Gibson - did look very composed in the backline and created a lot of run and penetration with his kicking. Liked his "one game at a time" quote with Tiff Cherry after the game as well

Mentions to Jones, McIntosh and Wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back