gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
C'mont/L'pool/Packers/Inter/Canucks
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/8585420/wafl-to-trial-good-friday-match/

ROSS LEWIS and RUSSELL REID,
The West Australian
January 1, 2011

The WAFL will break with tradition and stage a league match on Good Friday as part of its 2011 fixtures.

Subiaco and East Perth have been granted permission to play on the holy day with the battle of the Medibank Stadium co-tenants to start at 4.15pm.

The AFL has shunned the timeslot and in previous years the WAFL has been content to follow the practice.

However, as the WAFL seeks promotional windows away from the AFL spotlight, the local league has decided to test the waters.

The Tasmanian FL do good friday and get good crowds. Games usually start early and have a longer half time break to show respect for the day.

I think it's an excellent notion, particularly with East Perth playing. Gives something to do on what is without question the most boring day of the year..

I have no moral problems with going to watch footy on Good Friday but then it's a day that means nothing to me.

i think its a great idea for the wafl clubs . one question is will they restrict the bar as this is where most clubs make their greatest profit or at least wher i give them the greatest amount of funds

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL to trial Good Friday match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back