Review Walyalup Defeat Narrm!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I admit I was one of them.

You all can cop me flank for putting money on Freo to lose each week.

But I am more than happy to lose $20-$50 each week for a dockers win

The sentiment around here was putrid for a few weeks of bad footy.

Pumped we’re up and about again though. Brilliant win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see the heart of the team, fight and fight in the close ones.

A lot to learn and plenty of upside in terms of players not playing their best footy. The Dees defended really diligently, we did well to put 79 points on the board.

I give up looking at out fixture and trying to work out what is going to happen.

uIjxQ5T.png

Dogga 🤙

Last edited:
Who had us losing to St Kilda and North and then beating Sydney, Geelong and Melbourne at the G?
For real. I always had us winning like 1 of those 3 games, to get all 3 is nuts.

Genuinely one of the best wins I've seen from this current group. Even with no Oliver, matching and outpointing them out of the midfield after Darcy went down is absolutely massive. This was a brawl and we belted them back.

• Another 100 per cent team effort, but Jackson broke the game open IMO. What he can do (for a bloke his size) is astonishing.
  • After that performance from Jye, if they give the rising star nom to whichever young mid/flanker beats up on Norf or the Eagles this week, I think we're left with little option other than rioting.
  • The entire defensive unit is humming, but both Cox and Pearce both stepped up in the second half
  • Leaving aside the dropped sitters in the first half, I thought Fyfe was really valuable in the clinches - the physical presence both him and Johnson provide is going to be really valuable moving forward.
  • Johnson is going to be a very, very good long-term footballer.
  • Forgive me Banners. I am now a 100 per cent believer.

Only thing I can think of it terms of a negative is the bye falling where it is - feels like this momentum is really invaluable. But confident we can sustain the belief.

Gerard is one of our biggest supporters in Vic media. When he is critical about us it comes from love. He genuinely wants Freo to do well.
He was calling with one eye all game, what usually happens when he calls Melbourne games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I don't prefer him having to play tall and going up to make a contest. Preferable Banners plays in the similar role to last week. Although he did well having to put his body in the way today
Had no choice really with Darcy going down. He made May and Lever earn their keeps. He even went up over Gawn and created a contest

Gerard is one of our biggest supporters in Vic media. When he is critical about us it comes from love. He genuinely wants Freo to do well.
Agree. But guess also today we were playing demons so wasn't as obvious as on other occassions

Our pressure won that. We didn’t score 100+ because their pressure was insane, Off the charts all quarters.

First time I have found G Healy annoying, Brad Johnson even more so! Bandfield haters go and do one, he’s Clag. Also thought Hughes was a rock, but Young, surely his best game? And Clarke just gives 1000%. And then theirs the big fellas down back… we do that again we will win a flag.

Oh, and yes… Jackson is a Unicorn.

I don't think he's a supporter or a hater, the most critical thing he said was our I50 delivery early was rubbish, which it was.
It's just easy to rag on him because he can't pronounce Switkowski properly.

I don't think he's a supporter or a hater, the most critical thing he said was our I50 delivery early was rubbish, which it was.
It's just easy to rag on him because he can't pronounce Switkowski properly.
A commentator is supposed to be enjoyable to listen to and to make the game more exciting. He is relentlessly negative about every little thing (for both teams but particularly Freo today). It’s a chore and very unprofessional. If he hates it so much, quit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Walyalup Defeat Narrm!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back