Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas Conflict

Remove this Banner Ad

Some shitty drones? 170 drones and 30 cruise missiles were sent. This was a mass attack. If it wasn't repelled the civilian death toll in one day would have been incalculable.

How would you respond to Israel launching an identical attack?
So was it after Israel blew up the embassy?

Also quite the mental gymnastics to paint Al-Jazeera as a reasonable source when they are state owned news outlet from Qatar who house war criminals form Hamas leadership that the ICC is applying for an international arrest warrant on. Further to this they have an actual journalist in Gaza who was a Hamas operative holding Israeli civilians hostage.

This, according to some posters, is a neutral media source. It's like quoting IDF social media as a reliable source for IDF operations. Ironically those incorrectly citing AJ as a neutral source would be outraged by this.

Do you think Israeli funded junket journalism is on par with Al Jazeera?

Also quite the mental gymnastics to paint Al-Jazeera as a reasonable source when they are state owned news outlet from Qatar who house war criminals form Hamas leadership that the ICC is applying for an international arrest warrant on. Further to this they have an actual journalist in Gaza who was a Hamas operative holding Israeli civilians hostage.

This, according to some posters, is a neutral media source. It's like quoting IDF social media as a reliable source for IDF operations. Ironically those incorrectly citing AJ as a neutral source would be outraged by this.

I'm not sure how you have managed to convince yourself that actual IDF social media and AJ are equivalently biased sources, but I suspect it goes a long way to explaining your point of view as to what a neutral position on this looks like.

I'm not sure how you have managed to convince yourself that actual IDF social media and AJ are equivalently biased sources, but I suspect it goes a long way to explaining your point of view as to what a neutral position on this looks like.

Al-Jazeera has Hamas members writing articles for it. Al-Jazeera is owned by the state of Qatar who host Hamas leadership. Qatar funds Hamas leadership.

You're a smart person, you should be able to deduce a logical conclusion from the above factual information as long as you don't let your apparent biases be a factor.

Al-Jazeera has Hamas members writing articles for it. Al-Jazeera is owned by the state of Qatar who host Hamas leadership. Qatar funds Hamas leadership.

You're a smart person, you should be able to deduce a logical conclusion from the above factual information as long as you don't let your apparent biases be a factor.

So you think that SBS Australia hosts an hour of Hamas News Channel on a daily basis?

Keep in mind that you help fund SBS. Which going by your logic, would make you Hamas as well.

So you think that SBS Australia hosts an hour of Hamas News Channel on a daily basis?

Because you help fund SBS. Which going by your logic, would make you Hamas as well.

No I do not think or say that.

Al-Jazeera is reliable on most things. Just not reporting on Hamas - for obvious reasons to a reasonable person. Incredible how many times this has to be repeated.

There are media bias websites you can consult for things like this you know. Although in your case it does seem you are prepared to accept pro Hamas rhetoric as gospel.

No I do not think or say that.

Al-Jazeera is reliable on most things. Just not reporting on Hamas - for obvious reasons to a reasonable person. Incredible how many times this has to be repeated.

There are media bias websites you can consult for things like this you know. Although in your case it does seem you are prepared to accept pro Hamas rhetoric as gospel.

Well yeah, gospel is fiction.

Australian government sends plenty of aid to Gaza which Hamas gets its hands on.

Your tax dollars and my tax dollars helped spark a war.

You probably find that amusing.

There are terrorists in both Israel and Palestine. There are also good people in both Israel and Palestine.

I hope this helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no apartheid stop bullshitting.

You have the world view of a toddler. Keep covering your eyes and blocking your ears.

So, a "nation state" has "responsibilities" and must observe rules. But not a terrorist organisation.

Is Hamas following "the rules"? What are their responsibilities? I would have thought as the ruling body it's to protect their people but apparently not. They've admitted to using civilian deaths to promote their cause. Is their stated aim to exterminate every Jew and destroy Israel not genocide? Where are the demands from the UN (and you) to return the hostages?

It's the Jewish homeland, no matter how much you want to pretend it's nothing to do with Jew-hatred. They must and will use whatever force necessary to end the constant threat of annihilation that has plagued them for centuries. Can you even imagine how that feels?

I don't recall this level of uproar over China annexing Tibet and displacing 2 million people, but perhaps I'm wrong, you might have marched and shouted slogans and posted on BigFooty.

Nobody minds if women are stoned, imprisoned, executed in Iran for not wearing the prescribed dress. The UN rewards them by appointing them to the Human Rights Committee.

North Korea starves its people, shoots rockets over Japan, are you silent?

We can see how Russia views the NATO push east.

Why do people from the smug safety of the other side of the world feel so righteous to impose grandiose unworkable conditions for others, in an unimaginable situation?

Late to the party here.

Yes I expect a nation state to adhere to humane responsibilities and I would not/do not expect a terrorist organisation to do the same such as ISIS, RUF, ONA nor Hamas. They are terrorists, plain and simple, they don't prescribe to any sort of international law and order we should expect from nation states such as Israel.

The whole area is homeland to Abrahamic religions, it will always be a point of contention. It would be awesome if they could all share but they won't and never will in our lifetime. No one here has the answers but we can condemn the utter evil devastation to civilians both Palestinian and Jewish who are caught in the cross fire.

Addressing the rest, there was/has been uproar over Iran's barbaric practices, China's dreadful human rights record, North Korea's various stunts and Russians aggression to its neighbours and invasion of Ukraine. There has been copious amounts of media coverage, maybe you are not reading/seeing it. Do you really want Israel lumped in with that lot? I certainly don't but their continuing disregard for civilian life in Gaza and the West Bank don't make it easy.

It is not excusing Oct 7th, they have very right to defend themselves and go after the real perpetrators, they also have a defence and intelligence capability to do that however right now and as it has been for months they are just laying waste to Palestinian territories.

Al-Jazeera is reliable on most things.

Yes.

I believe AJ provides many fact based pieces of information in their reports, and will generally be more favourable towards the Palestinian people in the way they report things, and the language they use than many other major outlets which are more favourable towards Israel. Dismissing them entirely instead of simply reading the information with awareness of any bias seems flawed given they're a fairly major media outlet.

Noted you left the part out about Al-Jazeera being reliable for most things except for reporting on the Israel-Hamas war. Al-Jazeera is a reliable source for things that aren't related to Hamas or its owners, the state of Qatar.

On Hamas - Israel war related issues it should be viewed as biased and inaccurate.

In any case, Al-Jazeera isn't rated as one of the better media outlets

Of note:

" In general, opinion pieces are routinely biased against Israel and right-wing ideologies."

Pretty conclusive, there's nothing left to discuss here.

Late to the party here.

Yes I expect a nation state to adhere to humane responsibilities and I would not/do not expect a terrorist organisation to do the same such as ISIS, RUF, ONA nor Hamas. They are terrorists, plain and simple, they don't prescribe to any sort of international law and order we should expect from nation states such as Israel.

The whole area is homeland to Abrahamic religions, it will always be a point of contention. It would be awesome if they could all share but they won't and never will in our lifetime. No one here has the answers but we can condemn the utter evil devastation to civilians both Palestinian and Jewish who are caught in the cross fire.

Addressing the rest, there was/has been uproar over Iran's barbaric practices, China's dreadful human rights record, North Korea's various stunts and Russians aggression to its neighbours and invasion of Ukraine. There has been copious amounts of media coverage, maybe you are not reading/seeing it. Do you really want Israel lumped in with that lot? I certainly don't but their continuing disregard for civilian life in Gaza and the West Bank don't make it easy.

It is not excusing Oct 7th, they have very right to defend themselves and go after the real perpetrators, they also have a defence and intelligence capability to do that however right now and as it has been for months they are just laying waste to Palestinian territories.

Well said. Personally I would liken Israel to the likes of Russia & Iran these days with their disproportionate response to having war declared on them. I wouldn't compare Hamas to those other terrorist organisations though. They're the official government of Gaza strip, have full control over the economy and are sponsored by Qatar financially and Iran militarily.

It is a shame that both sides can never seem to share the region.

Noted you left the part out about Al-Jazeera being reliable for most things except for reporting on the Israel-Hamas war. Al-Jazeera is a reliable source for things that aren't related to Hamas or its owners, the state of Qatar.

On Hamas - Israel war related issues it should be viewed as biased and inaccurate.

In any case, Al-Jazeera isn't rated as one of the better media outlets

Of note:

" In general, opinion pieces are routinely biased against Israel and right-wing ideologies."

Pretty conclusive, there's nothing left to discuss here.

Keyword there is opinion pieces.

I don't think it's reasonable to deduce AJ is any more inaccurate than NYT would be. AJ also likely has better sources for direct quotes from Hamas on things.

Yes, their reporting will be more biased towards the Palestinian people. Their reporting may be more biased towards Hamas, which one would keep in mind when reading things.

There's a difference between 'biased' and 'inaccurate' however.

Keyword there is opinion pieces.

I don't think it's reasonable to deduce AJ is any more inaccurate than NYT would be. AJ also likely has better sources for direct quotes from Hamas on things.

Yes, their reporting will be more biased towards the Palestinian people. Their reporting may be more biased towards Hamas, which one would keep in mind when reading things.

There's a difference between 'biased' and 'inaccurate' however.

You don't think it's feasible? Qatar state (owner of AJ) funds Hamas, hosts Hamas leadership. AJ had journalists holding Israeli citizens hostages in the Hamas-Israel war.

If you think that won't result in a major bias good for you. It shows your inherent bias if you genuinely believe that. Media fact checking websites also say pretty much the same thing.

You also claim AJ is no more biased than NYT on the Hamas - Israeli war. Let's delve into fact checking on NYT:

Of note:

1719377841303.png

NYT receives a high score for factual reporting unlike AJ which receives mixed.

In summary:

• Overall, we rate the New York Times Left-Center biased based on wording and story selection that moderately favors the left. They are considered one of the most reliable sources for news information due to proper sourcing and well-respected journalists/editors. The failed fact checks were on Op-Eds and not straight news reporting.

No mention of biases, for the most part their reporting considered reliable. And just like AJ, a left leaning media outlet.

Your claim that NYT & AJ are both equally accurate in regards to the Hamas-Israel war is simply false.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas Conflict

Remove this Banner Ad

Back