Warne to come out of retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

aflcliche

Club Legend
May 26, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Hasn't bowled in 6 months I think, is over 40. Still would be more effective than current spinners I'd say.

But if he made a comeback, it would only be short term and then the same problem of his absence exists.

It is so unlikely, but because it is Warne nothing surprises me.

no thanks. move on people, he has retired and so have all the other greats in the last 20 years. we have to look ahead with what we have

That is a dumb viewpoint. If he's still a gun, he's still a gun. Why should we invent an imaginary constraint to say that he shouldn't come back. That's plain dumb mate. Dumb as ****. There's precedent set with players continuing into their late 40s. You don't retire your best footballers if they're in they're 30s and still playing world beating footy. If they're there, they're fit, and they're good enough to do it, on they go.

Bringing back a spin bowler at this age is very different to bringing back a quick. Precedent has been set. I don't think it'll happen in this instance though it would create a bit of much needed buzz around what has been a pretty ordinary slog between a couple of middling test sides.

At 41 he's still the best spin bowler in the country - by the length of the Flemington straight. However, he should be allowed to enjoy his retirement.

thats's not hard - he is #2 all time.

I'd expect him to be the best spin bowler in the country in the manner that richie benaud was the best until warne debuted.

it'll be another half life-time before we see another warne.

that's why he shouldn't be involved in these stupid rumours, he should have been more heavily involved in CA and talent spotting or assisting or whatever-he-wants-to-do the day after he retired.

thats's not hard - he is #2 all time.

I'd expect him to be the best spin bowler in the country in the manner that richie benaud was the best until warne debuted.

it'll be another half life-time before we see another warne.

that's why he shouldn't be involved in these stupid rumours, he should have been more heavily involved in CA and talent spotting or assisting or whatever-he-wants-to-do the day after he retired.
Not quite what I meant..

What I mean is that if he decided to roll his arm over (as he still does in the IPL) then he would significantly outperform any of the other spinners in the country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for it. FFS, our current bowlers can't get bloody Trott and Bell out. Warney used to make Bell look like a ******. Bring him back...

That is a dumb viewpoint. If he's still a gun, he's still a gun. Why should we invent an imaginary constraint to say that he shouldn't come back. That's plain dumb mate. Dumb as ****. There's precedent set with players continuing into their late 40s. You don't retire your best footballers if they're in they're 30s and still playing world beating footy. If they're there, they're fit, and they're good enough to do it, on they go.

Bringing back a spin bowler at this age is very different to bringing back a quick. Precedent has been set. I don't think it'll happen in this instance though it would create a bit of much needed buzz around what has been a pretty ordinary slog between a couple of middling test sides.

so common sense doesn't count any more hey and we should pick any former great player because they are still a gun. people should move on and fdevelope some players

Warnie is in cold old London as we speak doing interviews to pre-record for his tv show.

He ain't getting ready for a comeback.

Sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Warne to come out of retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back