Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne just said thanks, to a caller, then said thats not a Warren Tredrea thanks, after the caller said 4 years of mediocrity isnt good enought and when the heat gets turned on in the kitchen, Ken goes and takes a shower.

Good Laugh Good call will last for a long time.
I heard that caller, he was very measured, the shower comment was good.

Don't forget she broke Rule 34 of the Australian publication code and was never reprimanded. Highly dubious circumstances on that instance.

Google "Caroline Wilson Rule 34" for details.
My Eyes Omg GIF by shremps

Hang on a minute. Wilson said she didn't believe his expansion of the "good call" comment, effectively calling him a liar. Started her guest spot with an inflammatory remark to provoke Warren asking if he's been relieved of his postion on the Board. Proceeds to lie about the time Footy Classified was recorded. Caro was also proven to have lied by saying she never said Port Adelaide were seething which was also proven shortly afterward.
Warren's performance was questionable as he had time to prepare? He was under attack. I thought the longer the interview went, the deeper the hole Caro was digging became.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

I'm not defending Caro's approach to the interview except to observe that she's playing her expected role in looking for hot takes and soundbites that she can present across her various media platforms. Getting mad at Caro for that is like getting mad at a shark for taking a bite out of your leg. It's the nature of the beast. The challenge for Tredrea is to rise above that and ensure that his message is heard and that the attempts of certain figures within the club to use Caro/FC as an attack dog to undermine him are unsuccessful.

The debate about the timing of Tredrea's clarification vs. the filming of Footy Classified is a bizarre non-sequitur:

1. Tredrea claimed that FC didn't acknowledge his subsequent clarification of his earlier remark. This is incorrect: they did acknowledge his clarification, multiple times (Hutchy claimed he "walked it back"). However, unlike the initial "Good Call" they did not air his clarification verbatim.

2. Caro claimed FC was filmed before Tredrea issued his clarification. This is also clearly incorrect because, as above, they did acknowledge that he had subsequently clarified his remarks.

So Tredrea was wrong, and Caro was wrong, and it doesn't matter anyway because the actually reasonable point of contention is that while FC did note that Tredrea had subsequently clarified his remarks, they did not give that clarification any weight or allow it to affect the story they were running with, i.e. that of "a club divided", where general journalistic practice and simple courtesy would be to offer Tredrea the opportunity to comment on a story they were about to run about him. Clearly such niceties were discarded in the interests of haste and getting that hot take.

In any case I return to my original point: I don't think that Tredrea's interview with Caro on Thursday would've swayed those neutral or inclined against him, within the club or without, to regard him more favourably. Those who loved it are mostly those who are already in his corner, and like it or not those aren't the folks Tredrea needs to win over in order to perform his role effectively. We all know there are a lot of people who didn't want Tredrea on the board and many of them probably still want him gone, and they will undoubtedly seek every opportunity to make that happen, as they did this week. Defusing those threats by delivering an impeccable performance that clearly reconciles both of Tredrea's public hats and shuts down all avenues of criticism is far more important than scoring points against Caro for the home crowd and playing into Rowe's desire for maximum drama.

Last edited:

I'm not defending Caro's approach to the interview except to observe that she's playing her expected role in looking for hot takes and soundbites that she can present across her various media platforms. Getting mad at Caro for that is like getting mad at a shark for taking a bite out of your leg. It's the nature of the beast. The challenge for Tredrea is to rise above that and ensure that his message his heard and that the attempts of certain figures within the club to use Caro/FC as an attack dog to undermine him are unsuccessful.

The debate about the timing of Tredrea's clarification vs. the filming of Footy Classified is a bizarre non-sequitur:

1. Tredrea claimed that FC didn't acknowledge his subsequent clarification of his earlier remark. This is incorrect: they did acknowledge his clarification, multiple times (Hutchy claimed he "walked it back"). However, unlike the initial "Good Call" they did not air his clarification verbatim.

2. Caro claimed FC was filmed before Tredrea issued his clarification. This is also clearly incorrect because, as above, they did acknowledge that he had subsequently clarified his remarks.

So Tredrea was wrong, and Caro was wrong, and it doesn't matter anyway because the actually reasonable point of contention is that while FC did note that Tredrea had subsequently clarified his remarks, they did not give that clarification any weight or allow it to affect the story they were running with, i.e. that of "a club divided", where general journalistic practice and simple courtesy would be to offer Tredrea the opportunity to comment on a story they were about to run about him. Clearly such niceties were discarded in the interests of haste and getting that hot take.

In any case I return to my original point: I don't think that Tredrea's interview with Caro on Thursday would've swayed those neutral or inclined against him, within the club or without, to regard him more favourably. Those who loved it are mostly those who are already in his corner, and like it or not those aren't the folks Tredrea needs to win over in order to perform his role effectively. We all know there are a lot of people who didn't want Tredrea on the board and many of them probably still want him gone, and they will undoubtedly seek every opportunity to make that happen, as they did this week. Defusing those threats by delivering an impeccable performance that clearly reconciles both of Tredrea's public hats and shuts down all avenues of criticism is far more important than scoring points against Caro for the home crowd and playing into Rowe's desire for maximum drama.
Blah blah blah … …

Nine Entertainment axes 200 jobs
The trouble-plagued media company has announced it will cut hundreds of jobs across its publishing, digital and broadcasting divisions.

Haha - I'm sure I read those exact same words about Channel Seven in the last day or so, although their woes might be more to do with the people Kerry Stokes has been backing lately. Channel Ten has also been on the bones of its arse the last few years, so it looks like they're all a victim of the streamers.

Haha - I'm sure I read those exact same words about Channel Seven in the last day or so, although their woes might be more to do with the people Kerry Stokes has been backing lately. Channel Ten has also been on the bones of its arse the last few years, so it looks like they're all a victim of the streamers.
You're right, only that Ch 7 have already started and sacked most of their senior management and several 'stars'.

Not a great time to be in the media at any level.

It's actually crazy how wound up Caro is over this. Why the **** does she care so much? I have my suspicions (it relates to Kane) but it's so parasitic almost, that Ken has these cronies attacking the only member of our board that the members actually elected. It literally beggars belief.

Nine Entertainment axes 200 jobs
The trouble-plagued media company has announced it will cut hundreds of jobs across its publishing, digital and broadcasting divisions.
It's so they can afford to employ 50 more Hinkleybots in the war with Tredrea as the DEFCON level inches towards one.

So Caroline Wilson does in fact confirm that there is division in the club by saying that Hinkley supporters (within the club - implied) are seething. This can only mean that WGT is in fact working behind the scenes.

Secondly, the use of the term Hinkley supporters tacitly means there is a group of people in the club who are actively working in the best interest of Ken Hinkley, not necessarily the best interest of the club.
Thunderer > thundercloud

The Advertiser.

tertainmentAn hour ago
‘Most nervous bloke in the place’: Cloud over BT’s future at Seven
The shock sacking of Channel 7’s head of sport Lewis Martin has raised questions about the future of some of the AFL’s biggest media stars — including one of the favourites, Brian Taylor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Advertiser.

tertainmentAn hour ago
The shock sacking of Channel 7’s head of sport Lewis Martin has raised questions about the future of some of the AFL’s biggest media stars — including one of the favourites, Brian Taylor.

200w.gif

Wouldn’t 9 consider her, Kano and that other ****wit in Tommy Muppetface Morris as an essential part of their network

My bold, this is the man whom Caro defended as tho' her life depended on it, "everyone deserves a second chance

I know Tom's father, anyone can make a mistake and he's a Melbourne Grammar old boy."

She's a 24 carat hypocrite. Her article supporting her 'Tom' released on International Women's Day too :oops:

My bold, this is the man whom Caro defended as tho' her life depended on it, "everyone deserves a second chance

I know Tom's father, anyone can make a mistake and he's a Melbourne Grammar old boy."

She's a 24 carat hypocrite. Her article supporting her 'Tom' released on International Women's Day too :oops:

Exactly, this why my girl Nat Yoannidis would get the bullet compared to a Caro, Tom Morris like figure.

The Advertiser.

tertainmentAn hour ago

jeremyclarksonohnoanyway.gif

Caro also defended Dustin Martin from the get go when the chopstick thing news broke. So much for her feminism.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

IMHO Tredrea has compromised himself going onto the board. This club needs powerful people to call out loud and clear the failures, weakness, lies and corruption that has kept both koch and hinkly unchallenged in positions that slowly but surely have eroded this club to be totally content with with mediocrity.
Tredrea obviously knows this and has conveyed this but he is being stifled by a very toxic mediocre environment.

IMHO Tredrea has compromised himself going onto the board. This club needs powerful people to call out loud and clear the failures, weakness, lies and corruption that has kept both koch and hinkly unchallenged in positions that slowly but surely have eroded this club to be totally content with with mediocrity.
Tredrea obviously knows this and has conveyed this but he is being stifled by a very toxic mediocre environment.
Bad call ;)

Not so sure. We haven't seen scenes like this even when the team's performance has been worse.

If your plan is for nobody who wants to sack Hinkley to go on the board to avoid 'compromising' themselves, how do you propose Hinkley ever gets sacked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back