Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought for a half a second you were gonna be a little rude.
Me rude, well I never 🤣🤣🤣

Naughty Girl Trouble GIF by Sky

My kids will. There are games from my childhood at Alberton and Footy Park that I remember well for the excitment they brought and the reaction we had as a family - there's always those moments in games that are special. I've had kids in tears on the bus (the West Coast time on final) and kids completely despondant after getting thrashed (Bulldogs). This last final they're all now old enough to have mates who play AFL - for them the Hawthorn game was really important, obviously so was the Sydney game BUT the Hawthorn game meant a lot - in our area there was a lot of communal hugging and celebrating, as a family it was one of those nights at the footy we loved. The Hawthorn game showed what we can be if we bring the pressure. The following week I was in Sydney and I hope to forget it asap.

This is all fine, I agree with what you've written.

What I don't understand is why you generally rally against the anti-Hinkley rhetoric when under him as a coach, we've been comprehensively spanked in 5 out of the last 6 finals we've played. Compare and contrast with Brisbane who won 4 finals this year. We've won 3 in a decade.

You're right, there's nothing like being with loved ones when the siren goes and we've won a final. We all want to experience it more. The people here who rant and rave about how bad the coach is want to experience it just as much as anyone else. But it doesn't just happen by itself. The club has to make ruthless decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back