Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Been saying for a while when you are trying to build a defence for a shot at the premiership, you can't have guys that don't like the physical contest. Doesn't matter how well they use it. They have to be 100% at the contest.

Happy to have him in the team if he can get a spot elsewhere but he can't play in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentioned this in the other thread, I've officially given Wayne all the lead-time I can possible give to come good in the best 22.

It's time for him to go down the reserves, see if he can find the spark again, cause he's not playing with any passion anymore. And there are guys in the 2's that would literally walk across fire to get a game in the 1's right now.

Mentioned this in the other thread, I've officially given Wayne all the lead-time I can possible give to come good in the best 22.

It's time for him to go down the reserves, see if he can find the spark again, cause he's not playing with any passion anymore. And there are guys in the 2's that would literally walk across fire to get a game in the 1's right now.
Same with Schoenberg, both need a solid month of SANFL to get their shit together before being considered for AFL again, and not just the numbers especially with Schoenberg, marked improvement in their decision making, composure under pressure and disposal by both foot and hand. I'd go so far as to say McPherson on yesterday's performance in the SANFL I'd be confident would offer more than Milera currently.

Same with Schoenberg, both need a solid month of SANFL to get their s**t together before being considered for AFL again, and not just the numbers especially with Schoenberg, marked improvement in their decision making, composure under pressure and disposal by both foot and hand. I'd go so far as to say McPherson on yesterday's performance in the SANFL I'd ve confident would offer more than Milera currently.
Yep, I'd be fine with Moose, i'd also be fine with Cook, Parnell, Worrell, or Nankervis.

Anyone that goes into the game with the right mentality!

Berry also could come back in, but i'd like to hold him 1 or 2 more weeks, get him coming back with his hair on fire after a poor start to the year.

The next Sam Petrevski-Seton

Tried forward, didn't work. Tried defense, didn't work. Tried midfield, didn't work. Tried wing, didn't work. Has plenty of tools but can't put it all together and plays largely soft, unaccountable football.

Like Sam I think Wayne will get to about 100 games with us, get traded to another side for a late pick and have little impact from there on

Tried forward, didn't work. Tried defense, didn't work. Tried midfield, didn't work. Tried wing, didn't work. Has plenty of tools but can't put it all together and plays largely soft, unaccountable football.

Like Sam I think Wayne will get to about 100 games with us, get traded to another side for a late pick and have little impact from there on
Can picture him getting a two year deal at Gold Coast. Then back to Adelaide to play SANFL.

His evasiveness was his weapon early days. Since returning he seems to have extra kgs on his frame (maybe frame filling out through maturity) which limits the evasiveness but he still has the temperament of the gazelle.
Not sure how you use that?
Could try to free him up at HF to go and chase a bit of the pill and try to get dangerous again.

Can picture him getting a two year deal at Gold Coast. Then back to Adelaide to play SANFL.

He ain’t leaving the state with another two years on his contract. He holds all the cards at the moment.

As I have said on another thread, he was a first round pick and given the state our club was in early 2020 (after the shitshow of 2019) we gave him a nice long term contract even though he still had a year to go on his current contract. He didn’t need to be contracted until halfway thru 2020 (he wasn’t going to leave the state).

He is comfortable now with a nice contract.

Another list management screw up.

Wayne Milera.......Can we Fix it? Wayne Milera......No we can't :(

Came in here to say he sucks. Is good for a couple of fancy tackle evades which makes for 3 nice GIFS on instagram a year but is useless. Lazy kicking and a lazy footballer.
It's not only his evasion which he only does very rarely (can only recall him doing his twice in the last few years). Before his injuries, whenever he got the ball and was clear in the open he would run at pace, now he just casually jog so clearly he is mentally afraid of injuring himself which kept him out for 2 consecutive years. This is more concerning.

Unlike Sam though, will probably spend 9 or 10 years on our list

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Back