We are the power from port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Crow-mosone said:
none of which are unique to this year.
you have had these charges every year since 1997.

so why is it an excuse this year?
My quote was "At least try to use the correct figures"
In reply to:
rick James said:
not to mention ports little licsense fee is only 220k - they lost 800k

paul scholes said:
go away idiot and enter your favourite past time a silly obsession with all things port .:thumbsdown:

bit like yours with the crows actually. You are a troll pauly, lets face it. Come back when your club is no longer begging the fed government for grants. That might be a while :p

Actually as a bulldog supporter cant understand why u'd make a comment like that at all really. Not very smart.:)

Sorry to burst the bubble of my own team's supporters, but there was a mention of around $5 million of assets in the article. Given that this year was a loss for Port, it stands to reason that these are long term assests. Port suffered operating losses - therefore short term debts - for 2005, but are still overall in the black, which i am saddened to bring up is not something that can be said about melbourne. AFL heavily relies on members for revenue and also gate receipts, things that can fluctuate with team performance, so to with Port's dramtic change in prize money this season. Long term port still looks to a sure thing, i personally wouldn't be worried if i were a port fan. But i'm not so . . . stuff you guys

outback jack said:
bit like yours with the crows actually. You are a troll pauly, lets face it. Come back when your club is no longer begging the fed government for grants. That might be a while :p

Actually as a bulldog supporter cant understand why u'd make a comment like that at all really. Not very smart.:)
mate are you completely loopy or what, my comment was that melbourne in the same situation as the bullies should not be sprouting off at other clubs financial losses. BTw the facility being built is catering for the WESTERN REGION having such things as child care, and other utilities available to people in our region.

paul scholes said:
mate are you completely loopy or what, my comment was that melbourne in the same situation as the bullies should not be sprouting off at other clubs financial losses.

that wasnt what you exactly said, you bagged melbourne, but yes you are a basket case like port and melbourne too, so thats a good point.

paul scholes said:
BTw the facility being built is catering for the WESTERN REGION having such things as child care, and other utilities available to people in our region.

and in the process they just happen to be knocking down whitten oval for the good of the community right? :p

Pauly you dont honestly think the federal government could justify bailing out a football club in the middle of a election do you? Ofcourse it will be for the whole region thats what governments do. It just happens that your club will directly benefit from it most of the time. If your club could afford to have it differently you would, but you cant. Your president seems to think that way too doesnt he. Thats why he was quick to get down there a put the ink on the agreement the day after JH was re-elected.

In reference to the Melbourne bashers/ secret supporters:

We made $1m. Yeh....with an AFL handout...whatever. We still made the money....we still get to use the money.

That's reality :cool: :thumbsu:

P.S. What happened to port?

576k for licence fees
409k to pay primus ect out
one more year to go and the licence fees are finished, so port will record a healthy profit after theses payment are finished in the near future.
unlike you handout melbourne clubs.............................

outback jack said:
As a bulldog supporter thats a funny thing to say. AFL and government assistance already, whats next?

Best comment Ive ever heard from you OBJ. Good to see you dish it out to other clubs not just Port.

How did brisbane and the other clubs in the afl do in terms of profit after they won the flag?

Ps 400k to primus,
570k licence fee
200k for redevelopment of clubroom.

Druid said:
this is a crazy comment
surely every club must try their hardest to make each and every post a winner especially when it comes to finances
the above is like saying they had opportunities to make money but didn't bother coz of the handout
any business or club official so negligent would not only be sacked but also possibly be in the courts for professional incompetence negligence and failure to discharge his duty

What law is that?

If the AFL give the message that if you make a loss, they'll prop you up anyway, then you may as well spend like a bitch. eg. Buy the super duper gym set instead of the 2nd hand rusty set, make sure you pay your players up to the full amount of the salary cap, or buy the CEO a BMW instead of a Mazda 121.

Although give Melbourne (minimal) credit, they've only applied for $1m in additional cash next year, the only club to have ever had their welfare dependency decrease.

RedLegs#5 said:
In reference to the Melbourne bashers/ secret supporters:

We made $1m. Yeh....with an AFL handout...whatever. We still made the money....we still get to use the money.

That's reality :cool: :thumbsu:

P.S. What happened to port?

Imagine if Melbourne had to pay licence fees and pay out your most expensive player.

You're just lucky the MCC improve your ground for you, otherwise you'd be GONE.

Just face facts Redlegs, your club is a rabble. No suppoters, no members, no money, no future, no heart, NOTHING.

Maybe if Melbourne fold you could get the players to clean your shoes........

"Melbourne - We don't know our players names"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yze_Class said:
Yes, we did make a loss this year but we went into the year knowing we would be recieving handouts so we went about our business knowing we could afford to make a loss. Without the handouts, im sure we would have tryed much harder to breakeven.
Toots Hibbert said:
Irresponsible.
Druid said:
this is a crazy comment
surely every club must try their hardest to make each and every post a winner especially when it comes to finances
the above is like saying they had opportunities to make money but didn't bother coz of the handout
any business or club official so negligent would not only be sacked but also possibly be in the courts for professional incompetence negligence and failure to discharge his duty
How many times to I have to repeat it. The AFL promotes financial dependency. The whole revenue redistribution system fosters waste and inefficiency and the AFL are happy because of the dependence it brings.

Why does a club have to work its butt off to maximise it’s revenue and minimise its costs when it is underwritten?

ahh_zombies said:
Sorry to burst the bubble of my own team's supporters, but there was a mention of around $5 million of assets in the article.
Have they included the licence in the assets? I doubt they have built up $5m otherwise. Have they included the remaining debt on the licence?

Frankston Rover said:
Imagine if Melbourne had to pay licence fees and pay out your most expensive player.

You're just lucky the MCC improve your ground for you, otherwise you'd be GONE.

Just face facts Redlegs, your club is a rabble. No suppoters, no members, no money, no future, no heart, NOTHING.

Maybe if Melbourne fold you could get the players to clean your shoes........

"Melbourne - We don't know our players names"
I'm sorry. All you've given me are "what ifs" and your sad opinion on things. Neither of which are going to change our situation.

You're just like the rest of these delusional and uneducated fools.

As I said...we made a $1m profit.

Port on the other hand…..

RedLegs#5 said:
Not worry.

Pity.

Yeah what a pity...

It's a pity they've won a flag in the last 40 years.

It's a pity that they have heaps of members

It's a pity they're respected....

Unlike Melbourne.

Frankston Rover said:
Yeah what a pity...

It's a pity they've won a flag in the last 40 years.

It's a pity that they have heaps of members

It's a pity they're respected....

Unlike Melbourne.
lol spot on
there are some very good dees posters on here , unfortunately posters like redlegs5 is giving them a bad name ...but he's just a dumb kid so we should give him some leeway ;)

RedLegs#5 said:
Not worry.

Pity.

A dishonest, at best gratuitous response.

I think Frankston Rover & Blues Man have covered the detail.

I sincerely encourage you to hang around Redlegs#5, try to avoid the dark side of Big Footy & become one of the many good contributers here (& I only consider myself an apprentice BTW).

For instance there is currently a rather technical & in depth discussion of Port's financial results on the Port Board if you are really interested in this topic.

Cheers:)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are the power from port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back