Certified Legendary Thread We can win this year premership

Remove this Banner Ad

topdog69

Team Captain
Jun 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I believe our club are at same point as Hawthron were at end season 2007 and the won it 2008 and recruit Dew instead off draft a younger player ( the coach over ruled recruit team David Z got draft 12 month to Bomber )for that purpose we have done a similarly thing by bring Suckling what do you guy think ?

mr-burns-yyyyes-o.gif

I believe our club are at same point as Hawthron were at end season 2007 and the won it 2008 and recruit Dew instead off draft a younger player ( the coach over ruled recruit team David Z got draft 12 month to Bomber )for that purpose we have done a similarly thing by bring Suckling what do you guy think ?
It's not such a long bow to draw. No doubt we have a truckload of classy players but like the Hawks in 2008 some are doubting our depth and readiness/experience. Hawthorn surprised even themselves in 2008 by going all the way.

A few things will have to go our way and the progress of individuals last year will have to be repeated in 2016 but it's certainly a possibility. Not sure Suckling is the key but he has already got a premiership medallion or two, so he's proven and will be in the mix.

Good post topdog. I think we are a big chance to make the top four and from there anything can happen. Can't see any reason why our young players will not continue to improve or why one or two won't have breakout seasons Big chance Redpath could have a big season which would help enormously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You never know anything is possible. We still have a lot of work to do but gee we have some great players coming through our club and as posters have mentioned our depth hasn't been this good in a while.

For me we need to get the ruck and defensive structure right as I think we are quite good in the middle now and our forward line is really taking shape compared to a few years ago when it was really poor.

Hawks in '08 won because all of the other top teams ended up with injury issues.
We could get lucky but it won't be because we are the best team this year.

I am agree this is a good point very because suckling adcock blicavz bulldogs carried to glory premiership by good recruited new players

On the basis of potential improvement by the list we are in with a chance. Best player back, huge upside to the young guns.

I think wtf not! A lot of these teams Freo, Swans, Hawks, #lolnorf are full of old campaigners who will drop off. We can beat all those bastards and win the flag no problem.

There's some great building blocks there, but we need better performing talls (defence and rucks) and experience playing the bigger grounds under pressure (eg: WACA, MCG)

I think wtf not! A lot of these teams Freo, Swans, Hawks, #lolnorf are full of old campaigners who will drop off. We can beat all those bastards and win the flag no problem.
Which teams will be our most likely opposition in coming years? Like you say the current top six have got to have a major rebuilding phase coming up?
What about pies, cats, saints. port? Giants?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread We can win this year premership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back