Certified Legendary Thread We can win this year premership

Remove this Banner Ad

This is how it happens:
1. We win two of the last 3 games and finish 6th.
2. We play St Kilda in an elimination final;
3. We play Power in a qualifying final;
4. We play Melbourne in the Prelim.
6. We play Lions in the Granny (and Dunkley does a hammy in the first quarter).

This is how it happens:
1. We win two of the last 3 games and finish 6th.
2. We play St Kilda in an elimination final;
3. We play Power in a qualifying final;
4. We play Melbourne in the Prelim.
6. We play Lions in the Granny (and we win by 4 points after Dunkley misses a set shot after the siren from 25m out).

Fixed.

I think we can, but like anything you need a whole lot of luck.

Bevo has been quite vocal this offseason about Michael Talia costing us the EF against Adelaide. I honestly believe had Talia shut his mouth, we'd have got past Adelaide and it would have set up an epic Semi Final against the Hawks. I honestly reckon we would have beaten them too. Oh well, we'll never know but onwards to 2016. Perhaps we'll get another chance to take on the might of the Hawks this September.

The combination of Bevo as coach and Bob as captain has really instilled a tremendous amount of belief in this united team. Peter Gordon can sense something big and super special is around the corner. We've been the battlers for so long, and Gordon has showcased that himself with what he's done for this club. He's fought tooth and nail to keep us alive and now we're primed to attack this 2016 season head on.

Freo will be tough in round one. There's a reason they finished on top last year. I'm hearing Sandilands is doubtful for that opening match. What a boost that will give us if he doesn't get up for it. Win that and win it well and I think it sets up a huge season.

One player I'm really looking forward to seeing this year is JJ. From all reports he is tearing it up on the track. I reckon a big season awaits for him.

If Collins, Hamling and Roberts step up, and we get a full season from Morris, that certainly helps our chances. Combined with the cool experienced heads Bob and M Boyd give us, the makings are there for a decent back line. Can Briggs continue his fine 2015 season? That would be another boost, obviously as well as JJ's run off half back. I'm already getting excited thinking about this.

My early prediction is full seasons from young Caleb Daniel and Josh Dunkley. I can see both of them having very good careers. Let's just hope Josh is a better kick than his father.

Third year in the system for Tom Boyd, his second at the Bulldogs. We sold half of Footscray to get him and you'd think a lot of our success rests on his shoulders.

I'll now give you the X Factor. It's a player not a lot of us are thinking about, but watch this space.... CLAY SMITH. His terrible run of injury has been well documented, but ever since we drafted him, I thought what a great replacement for Callan Ward. I'd love to see those two cement heads go head to head in a final. If Clay can overcome his knee reco and string some games together, the confidence that will give him will be enormous. This kid was born to play finals.

Speaking of knee recos. Libba, Libba, Libba. I'm confident he bounces back. Some would say he is still our best player. I'm not sure how he recovers coming off a knee reco. His father recovered well, so hopefully it's in his genes. My fear is he never gets back to his best and takes up Cricket. God that would be an awful shame. He's another one who was born to play finals.

I've mentioned our key forward in Boyd. I've mentioned our two players coming back from knee reconstructions. So it's fitting I now introduce Jack Redpath. He has the ability to become our 70-goal a season KPF. He has recovered fully from the two knee reconstructions he had as a junior playing for Kyneton. We saw how awesome he was late in the season against Port. That's what he's capable of. Strong hands, terrific kick. I'm excited. There's a very good reason why GWS were looking to take him top five the year he did his second knee as an 18-year-old.

It goes without saying, but if Bont and Stringer can continue to do their thing, not only will they continue to sell tickets, but the opposition coaches will continue to experience headaches as the contemplate how to stop their match winning ability. We know we can rely on them. I'd argue they're our two best players and still so young. I'd personally buy a huge barrel of Gatorade and give it to Bont if he wins us a flag.

Tory Dickson surprised us all last year and I couldn't be happier. How awesome would it be if he provided us with the same reliability this year? Five goals against the Crows in the EF proves he can perform in big matches. Gees I'm excited thinking about what he can do this year.

Son of Billy. I love the bloke. Such a hard nosed workhorse. His no nonsense style of play is well suited for finals. He was awesome last year and I'm confident he can do even better this year. From humble beginnings tagging Boomer and Deledio in his first two matches, this guy was born in blood and boots, so much better than being created in AFL focus groups.

Can Lachie, Mitch and Easton continue on from their career best seasons? Why not?

Roughead looks like he may be our number one ruckman. If he can offer us more than a contest, that will be bloody handy.

Adcock and Suckling were recruited for this very reason. Finals experience. If we get to September, they may have a very important role to play.

Our coaching mix looks pretty bloody good too. Bevo has some handy assistants in Corey, King and Gia. Possibly the best mix we've ever had.

This place will be rocking if we start to get on a roll. I cannot wait.

I think we can, but like anything you need a whole lot of luck.

Bevo has been quite vocal this offseason about Michael Talia costing us the EF against Adelaide. I honestly believe had Talia shut his mouth, we'd have got past Adelaide and it would have set up an epic Semi Final against the Hawks. I honestly reckon we would have beaten them too. Oh well, we'll never know but onwards to 2016. Perhaps we'll get another chance to take on the might of the Hawks this September.

The combination of Bevo as coach and Bob as captain has really instilled a tremendous amount of belief in this united team. Peter Gordon can sense something big and super special is around the corner. We've been the battlers for so long, and Gordon has showcased that himself with what he's done for this club. He's fought tooth and nail to keep us alive and now we're primed to attack this 2016 season head on.

Freo will be tough in round one. There's a reason they finished on top last year. I'm hearing Sandilands is doubtful for that opening match. What a boost that will give us if he doesn't get up for it. Win that and win it well and I think it sets up a huge season.

One player I'm really looking forward to seeing this year is JJ. From all reports he is tearing it up on the track. I reckon a big season awaits for him.

If Collins, Hamling and Roberts step up, and we get a full season from Morris, that certainly helps our chances. Combined with the cool experienced heads Bob and M Boyd give us, the makings are there for a decent back line. Can Briggs continue his fine 2015 season? That would be another boost, obviously as well as JJ's run off half back. I'm already getting excited thinking about this.

My early prediction is full seasons from young Caleb Daniel and Josh Dunkley. I can see both of them having very good careers. Let's just hope Josh is a better kick than his father.

Third year in the system for Tom Boyd, his second at the Bulldogs. We sold half of Footscray to get him and you'd think a lot of our success rests on his shoulders.

I'll now give you the X Factor. It's a player not a lot of us are thinking about, but watch this space.... CLAY SMITH. His terrible run of injury has been well documented, but ever since we drafted him, I thought what a great replacement for Callan Ward. I'd love to see those two cement heads go head to head in a final. If Clay can overcome his knee reco and string some games together, the confidence that will give him will be enormous. This kid was born to play finals.

Speaking of knee recos. Libba, Libba, Libba. I'm confident he bounces back. Some would say he is still our best player. I'm not sure how he recovers coming off a knee reco. His father recovered well, so hopefully it's in his genes. My fear is he never gets back to his best and takes up Cricket. God that would be an awful shame. He's another one who was born to play finals.

I've mentioned our key forward in Boyd. I've mentioned our two players coming back from knee reconstructions. So it's fitting I now introduce Jack Redpath. He has the ability to become our 70-goal a season KPF. He has recovered fully from the two knee reconstructions he had as a junior playing for Kyneton. We saw how awesome he was late in the season against Port. That's what he's capable of. Strong hands, terrific kick. I'm excited. There's a very good reason why GWS were looking to take him top five the year he did his second knee as an 18-year-old.

It goes without saying, but if Bont and Stringer can continue to do their thing, not only will they continue to sell tickets, but the opposition coaches will continue to experience headaches as the contemplate how to stop their match winning ability. We know we can rely on them. I'd argue they're our two best players and still so young. I'd personally buy a huge barrel of Gatorade and give it to Bont if he wins us a flag.

Tory Dickson surprised us all last year and I couldn't be happier. How awesome would it be if he provided us with the same reliability this year? Five goals against the Crows in the EF proves he can perform in big matches. Gees I'm excited thinking about what he can do this year.

Son of Billy. I love the bloke. Such a hard nosed workhorse. His no nonsense style of play is well suited for finals. He was awesome last year and I'm confident he can do even better this year. From humble beginnings tagging Boomer and Deledio in his first two matches, this guy was born in blood and boots, so much better than being created in AFL focus groups.

Can Lachie, Mitch and Easton continue on from their career best seasons? Why not?

Roughead looks like he may be our number one ruckman. If he can offer us more than a contest, that will be bloody handy.

Adcock and Suckling were recruited for this very reason. Finals experience. If we get to September, they may have a very important role to play.

Our coaching mix looks pretty bloody good too. Bevo has some handy assistants in Corey, King and Gia. Possibly the best mix we've ever had.

This place will be rocking if we start to get on a roll. I cannot wait.

I think your AI app has plagiarised an old thread with my preview of the 1954 season! 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread We can win this year premership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back