weekend popularity

Remove this Banner Ad

GH_

Draftee
Jul 4, 2002
Other Teams
Sydney
another joke in terms of credibility, again, every single AFL crowd this weekend absolutely thumped their respective league crowd, and still you guys sit here and think it is popular. a pure disgrace to this once proud sporting nation.

St. Kilda v Kangaroos:23864 and Panthers v Souths: 10627
Adelaide v Collingwood:46368 and Bulldogs v Eagles: 7180
Melbourne v Brisbane: 25166 and Brisbane v Dragons: 19998
Geelong v West Coast: 22608 and Sharks v Warriors: 15196
Bulldogs v Essendon: 44864 and Melbourne v Tigers: 7654
Hawthorn v Sydney: 25079 and Roosters v Canberra: 8240
Carlton v Richmond: 36,941 and Newcastle v Parra: 21823
Fremantle v Port Adelaide: 24194... The Bye v North Qld: 0

i wonder, does euthanasia apply to sports... oh wait, the whole object of euthanasia is to die with dignity, which is far more than these crowds would suggest rugby league has

what better alternative do you have?? you can try and give me anecdotal evedince, but its just your word against mine. you can give me tv audiences, backed up by a link where you got them from (but it seems there is not a single league fan out there who can/wants to do this. so crowds are by far the best indication. and fair enough you could say league was more popular if the crowds were similar, but this absolutely massive gap cant be explained!

Originally posted by GH_
what better alternative do you have?? you can try and give me anecdotal evedince, but its just your word against mine. you can give me tv audiences, backed up by a link where you got them from (but it seems there is not a single league fan out there who can/wants to do this. so crowds are by far the best indication. and fair enough you could say league was more popular if the crowds were similar, but this absolutely massive gap cant be explained!

I agree with you. Using your logic, both AFL and RL are pimples on the ass of world sport compared to soccer, gridiron, baseball, basketball etc.............................

When will we learn and stop wasting our time playing AFL which would barely have 6 million people interested in it as opposed to soccer or any of the abovementioned sports.

Basketball was first played in the US and invented in 1891. Both AFL and basketball have been around for about the same time yet basketball prospers throughout the world with elite competitions in Europe and Australia as well as US while AFL is limited to 3 states in Australia (1 team in NSW barely counts).

Therefore basketball is a better sport than AFL.

Shame I dont like basketball but prefer AFL and RL. In any case try and look at AFL in perspective, it is just a ****ty little Australian regional sport and will never be anything more.

Originally posted by Dr Zaius

I agree with you. Using your logic, both AFL and RL are pimples on the ass of world sport compared to soccer, gridiron, baseball, basketball etc.............................

When will we learn and stop wasting our time playing AFL which would barely have 6 million people interested in it as opposed to soccer or any of the abovementioned sports.

Basketball was first played in the US and invented in 1891. Both AFL and basketball have been around for about the same time yet basketball prospers throughout the world with elite competitions in Europe and Australia as well as US while AFL is limited to 3 states in Australia (1 team in NSW barely counts).

Shame I dont like basketball but prefer AFL and RL. In any case try and look at AFL in perspective, it is just a ****ty little Australian regional sport and will never be anything more.

true, no-one will dispute that soccer is the most popular sport in the world, but its not the most popular in australia. and you can compare the NFL crowds in america to rugby league crowds, but you forget the population is ten times as great. if australia had 10x the population in every capital city, every game would be sold out

Lovely work Docter!!

:cool:

Summed up the stupidity of the whole argument very simply.

Originally posted by nicko18
true, no-one will dispute that soccer is the most popular sport in the world, but its not the most popular in australia. and you can compare the NFL crowds in america to rugby league crowds, but you forget the population is ten times as great. if australia had 10x the population in every capital city, every game would be sold out

You can draw some comparisons Nicko. Baseball, over there can draw very small crowds to some of the home and away games, but no one over there think it is a lesser sport or that it is not popular....

Dr. Zaius

Woo, I just loved that Dr. Zaius......can I also use it elsewhere (lol);)

What the original poster also keeps forgetting, is that afl crowds have always been bigger than rugby league crowds, and this will always probably remain true.

Oh, these little children, can be such pests;) :rolleyes: :D

Remove this Banner Ad

weekend popularity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back