List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pop Tv Please GIF by Schitt's Creek

I’d say Johnson and Chesser are the inverse of each other at the moment.

Johnson gets a fair bit of the ball, uses it poorly, makes bad decisions and gets caught/pinged a lot and has a lot of turnovers and low score involvements. Last night he had 20D, 6 turnovers and only 2 score involvements.

Chesser has become pretty good ball in hand, has a handball with some good sting in it, kick has depth and penetration, but isn’t getting as much ball as we’d like. Last week chesser had 12D, 1 turnover, 3SI and 1 goal assist.

I’m becoming more and more comfortable in saying Chesser will be the better player over the long term.
Handball with some sting in it is the height of desperation. So bad at the game as a whole gotta compliment a stat he gets at a average of 4.5 times a game.

Johnson issue is he is a inside mid playing as a winger, which ironically is probably Chessers problem too. Making a player into something he isnt

Would love Schofield to explain why...

a) He didn't get midfield chances as promised
b) He was subbed before Jones, Cripps, L Edwards etc.

Very, very poor player management. Keep your head up Chess and chop up at (presumably) WAFL next week.

Would love Schofield to explain why...

a) He didn't get midfield chances as promised
b) He was subbed before Jones, Cripps, L Edwards etc.

Very, very poor player management. Keep your head up Chess and chop up at (presumably) WAFL next week.

Thought he looked really good with ball in hand bouncing off the half back line. Was also disappointed that he got subbed instead of Ledwards who pretty much stamped his papers today, or Cripps who stunk it up from the start of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chesser fans seemingly have a never ending supply of excuses. When he's the one subbed out in a match like that, when the choices were many and varied, it's pretty obvious he played poorly.

Came here to check out all the CC hate but to my surprise there is some support for him here. I didnt watch the game so couldn't comment either way on his performance today.

We all want him to be something that maybe he wont be, and not all first round picks are guns (Brander).

He is either going to be a slow burn or he will forgotten and wasted first round pick.

He doesnt have much time, another year, maybe two. After that he will be getting calls to be delisted. We are just not seeing enough of the good things.

He is either going to be a slow burn or he will forgotten and wasted first round pick.

He doesnt have much time, another year, maybe two. After that he will be getting calls to be delisted. We are just not seeing enough of the good things.
It's not a slow burn....

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back