List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most Freo flogs were hoping he would have a down game so they could stick the boot in. Understandable after he monstered them in the first Derby. Tall poppy syndrome in full display.
This flog behind me kept yelling "Where's Harley??" after one of their goals.
The very next clearance he storms out of the centre and handballs to Cripps who kicks it to Jake for a goal.

Harley is unlucky coming into AFL as a generational player in an interstate team. Its clear now the AFL is trying to make the game a semi contact hybrid and the DEI hire running the umps is obviously offended by his natural aggression.
What makes Laura Kane a DEI hire ?

What makes Laura Kane a DEI hire ?

I would say because she’s useless but that’s common with basically everyone in AFL house so her ineptitude isn’t really due to being a female, more a product of her environment

Oppo fans having a completely normal one about him on Twitter, thanks to the amazing algorithm I read one nuffies comment and that became my whole feed.

He is 19 and had a monster game and they couldn't be whinging more about him, and they won...

Would have been nice if his teammates offered the same fight he does or even attempted to protect him.
Im glad I no longer have social media

Went to the game last night, I was quietly seething by the end, not because we lost, but because with the exception of Yeo and Ginbey to an extent, none of the Eagles players gave Reid any support especially on the behind the ball stuff. It reminded me of when Barry Hall punched out Staker and all we got was Hunter charging in and falling over and angry Beau Waters. Never been more disappointed in the team as a whole to let that go on regardless of the result.

I would not fault or bemoan Harley one single bit if he decides to go home. If you tried to do that to a Geelong, Collingwood, or Sydney player you'd have the whole team on you. Absolutely gutted watching that from my club.

**** I hope he hangs around. He's going to be all time entertaining to watch over his career.
The more I watch him, the more I'm convinced he'll stay. He's not bothered by the attention in a two-team town, he's absolutely lapping up being the 19-year-old mayor of Perth and rebuilding a team in his own image. If he goes a week without a backpage headline in The West, I reckon he'll actually call the editor and threaten to kick his arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most Freo flogs were hoping he would have a down game so they could stick the boot in. Understandable after he monstered them in the first Derby. Tall poppy syndrome in full display.
This flog behind me kept yelling "Where's Harley??" after one of their goals.
The very next clearance he storms out of the centre and handballs to Cripps who kicks it to Jake for a goal.
It's important to remember that the Fremantle crowd viciously booed Juddy in Round 6, 2006 when he tore them up (they did at other times but this was the most noticeable occasion). They continued to boo him even during his Glendenning acceptance speech and IIRC it was simply because of how good he was. In fairness to them the week before he'd had 39 disposals, 8 tackles, umpteen clearances and 4 goals against Aker so this was top echelon Judd.

It's important to remember that the Fremantle crowd viciously booed Juddy in Round 6, 2006 when he tore them up (they did at other times but this was the most noticeable occasion). They continued to boo him even during his Glendenning acceptance speech and IIRC it was simply because of how good he was. In fairness to them the week before he'd had 39 disposals, 8 tackles, umpteen clearances and 4 goals against Aker so this was top echelon Judd.
Yeah I remember this. Judd was class in his acceptance speech, he did give them a little drive by saying something like 'you should be proud of them' or something similar.

What's up with the Harley booing? Happened against a few teams now and it's pretty weird.

JHF copped it after moving teams the year after he was drafted. You can kind of get the logic. Gaff cops it after punching some kids teeth in. Makes some sense.

What's HR done though? 19yo kid in his first season of footy 🤷‍♂️
Dominated them last time and lives rent free in their heads.

Considering their autopsy page is around 20 pages and probably 16 of them are filled with Harley tears, you can tell Freo supporters are badly rattled by him.

Fremantle flogs know Harley is going to make them his bitch when all said and done. Boos are loudest with fremantle because a hard edge good looking player is so alien to them.

The closest they have ever had to that was Natalia fyfe. We had Ben cousin and have Harley reid.

Spooky for Fremantle. Let's be clear Harley reid isn't meant to be Victoria or afl favourite child. Hes our enforcer meant to beat down weaklings

Went to the game last night, I was quietly seething by the end, not because we lost, but because with the exception of Yeo and Ginbey to an extent, none of the Eagles players gave Reid any support especially on the behind the ball stuff. It reminded me of when Barry Hall punched out Staker and all we got was Hunter charging in and falling over and angry Beau Waters. Never been more disappointed in the team as a whole to let that go on regardless of the result.

I would not fault or bemoan Harley one single bit if he decides to go home. If you tried to do that to a Geelong, Collingwood, or Sydney player you'd have the whole team on you. Absolutely gutted watching that from my club.
Oh I disagree, I thought there was a lot more protection of Reid

I have the opposite view when watching the game. I'm proud the boys stood up for Harley. Yes they actually stood up for him. Yeo was everywhere with him when things got heated.

We stuck up for him more then we have ever stuck up for him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back