List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any universe where North wouldn't have taken Sheezel at 1 if the megatrade hadn't happened?

You can't compare Ginbey and Hewett to Sheezel, because it would have been Cadman or Wardlaw (or worse....Jhye Clark) at pick 2.

Sheezel would have been gone by pick 2.

I feel like people have pointed this out a few times previously.

Is there any universe where North wouldn't have taken Sheezel at 1 if the megatrade hadn't happened?

You can't compare Ginbey and Hewett to Sheezel, because it would have been Cadman or Wardlaw (or worse....Jhye Clark) at pick 2.

I would assume they'd have taken Sheezel, even if Cadman would've been technically the better choice from a list management perspective.

We were never getting him anyway, IMO.

Find it hard to believe we left a tall on the table.

Or maybe he would have come across and asked for a trade and we have had every opportunity to get full value back? How many players have flat out refused to play for the team they’re drafted by?

Or he could've come over, cracked the shits and played like a whiny spud in our dogshit of a reserves team and we get pick 15 for him.

Who knows? It's all hypothetical. I just like ragging on him for supposedly saying he wouldn't move states to pursue an absolute dream of a career.

You are 100% spot on

It won't stop the whingeing though

Zero chance Sheezel would've stayed, let alone come over to begin with.
FFS there was zero chance Sheezel would’ve declined to come over here.

As to whether he’d have stayed, who knows. Plenty of kids are homesick when they move interstate. There’s a significant Jewish community in WA.

Whether we’d have had the chance to draft him is more the question.

FFS there was zero chance Sheezel would’ve declined to come over here.

As to whether he’d have stayed, who knows. Plenty of kids are homesick when they move interstate. There’s a significant Jewish community in WA.

Whether we’d have had the chance to draft him is more the question.

GWS traded up, because they basically said Sheezel and Wardlaw were off-limits.

There's also been enough chatter in various threads as to how close Sheezel is with his community.

It's not remotely the same thing as saying there's a Jewish community in Perth, so he'd have been fine.

GWS traded up, because they basically said Sheezel and Wardlaw were off-limits.

There's also been enough chatter in various threads as to how close Sheezel is with his community.

It's not remotely the same thing as saying there's a Jewish community in Perth, so he'd have been fine.
Sounds like he shouldn't have decided to play in a national competition if his community was so important to him.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice that a lot of players incidentally end up flat on the grass after trying to tackle him . I lost count how many against Gold Coast . My daughter and I look at each other and laugh how many eat the turf after interacting with Harley . He seems to have such quick thinking he does what he needs to do and then oh yeah I'll sit this guy down while I'm at it . Like if you slo mo it's like an old Bruce Lee movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back